Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 17-07-2019, 02:15 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
At this moment you are here to exprerience the most success and the least suffering. If it was 'meant to be' any other way it would be.

Exactly the point.

Simply, your reality is defined by your perceptions, your perceptions are defined by your beliefs and your beliefs are defined by your definitions. You have a definition of what Spirituality is to you and what you accept or reject is set against that definition.

That's more of a definition than the nature of things, and you don't have to perceive yourself as anything in particular. The nature of things in this case is that if you smoke you have an addiction, then you define yourself as a smoker and that creates your reality. When you redefine yourself as someone who is going to stop smoking/a non-smoker that becomes your reality, and the smoking stops. Been there, done that.
Not sure why you chose to disect my post that way ... You could've just expressed your parallel opinions. (two lines in a plane that do not intersect or touch each other at any point are said to be parallel)
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 13-10-2019, 02:28 AM
Pathfinder

Life can be tough , i try &be thankful , when my depression hits , i can't hardly rise my vibration. I get tired , i do try &be spiritual watch the birds it takes the stress away some.
Old 17-10-2019, 07:05 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
How many of you are here because of your own suffering and the suffering you see in the world? When I say "here", I am talking about going beyond the physical, you know, searching the spiritual things.

To be honest, I have always been called to the spiritual world but what made me to go deeper and deeper, is my own suffering and the suffering I see all around, this pushed me harder and harder to seek more.For this very reason I found myself searching the Creator, crying for an answer, again and again, all of this happening while having out of body experiences.

Ramakrishna said that 9 out of 10 spiritual aspirants subscribe to the motives described in the OP as a reaction to, or to escape from suffering.

Relatively very few - the other 10% - are engaged spontaneously in a search for truth, devotion, service - realization - simply for the delight of it, and recognize from the outset, that this is available and attainable without the need for suffering.

Suffering is the consequence of a conditional ignorance that may be transcended.
Delight is the unconditional and inseparable essence of existence itself.

~ J

Old 18-10-2019, 12:34 AM
Master
Are you here because of the human suffering?

Quote:
How many of you are here because of your own suffering and the suffering you see in the world? When I say "here", I am talking about going beyond the physical, you know, searching the spiritual things.

To be honest, I have always been called to the spiritual world but what made me to go deeper and deeper, is my own suffering and the suffering I see all around, this pushed me harder and harder to seek more.For this very reason I found myself searching the Creator, crying for an answer, again and again, all of this happening while having out of body experiences.

ThatMan,

My answer to why I am here is yes to both of your questions.

I've discovered that an answer to the one "Are you here because of your own suffering" may contain a key to answering the other one "...and the suffering you see in the world"?

How? Over 30 years ago, I was struck by a sentence I'd read in the 1st of 6 books entitled "Life and Teaching of the Masters of the Far East" written by a man named Baird Spalding. All that I had thought I knew about myself and the world I live in, changed upon reading a single paragraph in the first chapter of that book (reference below),

""I wish to call your attention more fully to the fact that man in his right domain is limitless, knows no limit of time or space. Man, when he knows himself, is not obliged to toil wearily along for five days to accomplish ninety miles. Man in his right estate can accomplish any distance, it matters not the magnitude, instantly. A moment ago I was in the village from which you departed five days ago. What you saw as my body still reposes there. Your associate, whom you left in that village, will tell you that, until a few moments before four o'clock, I conversed with him, stating that I would go to greet you as you would arrive here about this hour..."

Since then, and continuing to this very day, the realization that "..man in his right domain is limitless....", provides an enduring guiding light to the "right domain", which has always been "right within" me!

If within me, then why not within ALL, who may have heretofore been as utterly unaware as I?

When one is suffering, does it have to remain that way for us individually or collectively after discovering our own power to triumph? Well, does it?

Hope the "limitless" realizations awaiting in the references, below, and whose themes are continued in Richard Bach's epic book, Jonathan Livingston Seagull, that I've used as my signature since joining Spiritual Forums....help you definitively answer the "Well, does it?" question for yourself.

Enjoy!

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...44&postcount=1

Reference: https://www.crystalclarity.com/yogananda/chapter-43/

Reference: http://www.thechristmind.org/index1.htm

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...2&postcount=26
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)
Old 18-10-2019, 03:51 AM
janielee

Quote:
Everything and anything that makes us suffer and not only us, there are other living beings that suffer too.

Well said "...
Old 18-10-2019, 07:04 AM
hazada guess

The earth is a school for us.How you manage it is up to your soul.
Old 18-10-2019, 07:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
The earth is a school for us.How you manage it is up to your soul.
Life is also what you make of it

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 18-10-2019, 07:52 AM
Master
We are all here for a reason or two .. and suffering is rife ..

Many probably won't agree with my understanding of suffering because it reflects a sense of self rather than not, so unless you are unaware of self in reflection of the world and suffering then one is not living life per se .. they are simply floating about in awareness not knowing what day it is .

Not many have the urge to spend half a lifetime self enquiring and self healing if they are living the dream, they are perhaps quietly content with life as is it, perhaps no major drama's to deal with, no health issues, no death's to come to terms with etc etc ..

Whatever the catalyst will be for one to turn within will be right for the individual, sometimes a dark night of the soul is required, sometimes a thought planted within the subconscious will be suffice enough also ..

There is something however within the energy of suffering where one's intention to bring peace to oneself is raw and absolutely true because there is a feeling that life cannot go on as it is.

When your sitting in a comfy chair with slippers on and pipe pipe in hand the energy is not quite the same ..

In a way at a certain point there is no choice to be drawn into oneself as the current becomes too strong to resist and this leads to the process of surrender ..

Getting back to the point of suffering there is at a point no difference between being aware of what you are and feeling the sufferings of other's ..

In this respect another's sufferings are your sufferings, this is also why when your loved one's suffer you suffer too ...

Spiritual guru types are not exempt from suffering simply because they have realized what they are and are oozing with Love appeal .. they are more open so to speak to feel the sufferings on a collective level ..

I have said it before, nothing is permanent but while there is self awareness there is always suffering to some degree .. The very nature of self awareness is suffering compared to no awareness of self .. self can never be the entirety of the ocean .

x daz x
Old 18-10-2019, 08:49 AM
hazada guess

The root of all suffering is power.(Or ignorance).
Old 18-10-2019, 09:29 AM
hazada guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
The root of all suffering is power.(Or ignorance).

Don't blame me for the above post.it just came into my mind whilst I was reading the thread.I'm just the messenger.lol.