Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 22-10-2019, 12:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mark
The whole story reminds me of the time that a friend of mine invited me to his Sunday School Class, and this Male Southern Baptist Minister who was teaching the class tried to enlighten us all by explaining the fact that it’s written in The Bible that unless a person has Children, they cannot enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.

Need I say more. lol

That is indeed hilarious but the fundamentalist position is also troubling in another respect.

In any case, you don't need to say any more.

Old 22-10-2019, 12:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
Come on BJ you know what this is. It's political power games and money games, same old story. Like I've said on other posts I totally reject what is going on today, which is divisions being sown by idiots in position of authority. I may upset people but i'm not taking sides just pointing out what's going on. Civil war is brewing as clear as the day is long. You know it. I know it. As a spiritual person I refuse point blank to have anything to do with this side taking and some people who claim to be spiritual should know better than to play a role in these games because its quite serious. The real path of peace, now that is the place I want to be, that is true love.

You wrote, "The real path of peace, now that is the place I want to be, that is true love."

What have you personally found to be the best way to get into that place?

(I understand that the best path for you personally may not also be the best path for others, as one shoe does not fit all.)
Old 02-11-2019, 06:16 AM
Deactivated Account

Greetings, I will offer a word on this. You may discern by mind or Spirit, whichever you are capable.

Corinthians 14:34
Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.

A woman is not authorized by the Bible to lead/preside over, but she can prophesy, pray, give counsel, share a revelation, pray for the sick, cast out devils, share a word given to her by the Spirit etc.
Old 02-11-2019, 01:59 PM
Newbie ;)

No, only in conflict with Paul
Old 02-11-2019, 05:41 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aknaton
Greetings, I will offer a word on this. You may discern by mind or Spirit, whichever you are capable.

Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.

A woman is not authorized by the Bible to lead/preside over, but she can prophesy, pray, give counsel, share a revelation, pray for the sick, cast out devils, share a word given to her by the Spirit etc.

The ultimate authority on this is the Spirit itself, if a woman does speak and lead and lead worship and the Spirit is present in the church then all is well. I think with discernment it would be found there is no issue here regardless of what rules Paul preferred. This also ties in with Jesus who him taught women and let them speak to him and first appeared to a woman and gave her the apostle's role of proclaiming him, as did other women he spoke to (the woman at the well)
The moment a law or rule becomes more important, well.. that's adding extra things on top which can lead astray from the truth
Old 03-11-2019, 01:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aknaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamie
No, only in conflict with Paul

I'm with Lamie on this one. This is only in conflict with Paul and the fundamentalists.
Old 03-11-2019, 01:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
The ultimate authority on this is the Spirit itself, if a woman does speak and lead and lead worship and the Spirit is present in the church then all is well. I think with discernment it would be found there is no issue here regardless of what rules Paul preferred. This also ties in with Jesus who him taught women and let them speak to him and first appeared to a woman and gave her the apostle's role of proclaiming him, as did other women he spoke to (the woman at the well)
The moment a law or rule becomes more important, well.. that's adding extra things on top which can lead astray from the truth

We are in agreement on this point. I personally have no problem with women being ordained or preaching or doing anything else that men do REGARDLESS of what Paul has written. My sense is that Paul's personal and cultural stuff got incorporated into his writings and that it is NOT all inspired by God REGARDLESS of Timothy's position.

Fundamentalists can believe what they want.
Old 03-11-2019, 01:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
We are in agreement on this point. I personally have no problem with women being ordained or preaching or doing anything else that men do REGARDLESS of what Paul has written. My sense is that Paul's personal and cultural stuff got incorporated into his writings and that it is NOT all inspired by God REGARDLESS of Timothy's position.

Paul probably had his wife shackled to the kitchen sink with gorilla tape around her mouth
Old 03-11-2019, 02:02 PM
Master
Quote:
I personally am fully supportive of women holding the same positions as men in Christian churches. However, there are many who do not support this position, including but not limited to the hierarchy of the Roman Catholic Church.

An Evangelical pastor recently criticized the presence of women preachers in Southern Baptist Christian churches by saying that it is in conflict with the Bible. (See article below.)

What do others have to say about this issue? Should women be allowed to be ministers and preachers in Christian churches?

https://religionnews.com/2019/10/19/...hould-go-home/

EXCERPT:

(RNS) — Evangelical pastor John MacArthur, speaking at a celebration of his 50th year in pulpit ministry this week, weighed in on an ongoing debate in the Southern Baptist Convention over women preachers, claiming the nation’s largest Protestant denomination has lost faith in the authority of the Bible.

He claimed the SBC had taken a “headlong plunge” toward allowing women preachers at its annual meeting this summer.

That, he said, was a sign the denomination no longer believed in biblical authority.
That's why religions are for idiots.Only a stupid person cannot accept that women have the right to hold priesthoods in church.Fortunaly people are starting to awake and question things,but as usual the religious egregores are so strong,that few can eradicate them from their psyche.
I would also love to see a transexual priest,or a gay one.
Old 03-11-2019, 02:59 PM
Master
Quote:

The Apostle for the Gentiles is oddly remembered for his 'conservative' viewpoints. not for his liberal positions.

The idea of allowing Gentiles into the 'fold' was something the Jewish sect that was separating from Judaism to get its own identity was a radical concept. Paul opened this door and allowed Christianity to spread eventually throughout the world. this was a radical, liberal position.

Something Christians do not talk about, Paul was the most liberal of the 13 living Apostles. Those who believe Paul was extremely conservative should also look at the other living Apostles who were even more conservative than Paul.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜