Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 09-06-2019, 08:37 PM
Master

in the end all a 'right' does is impose on someone else the need to ratify what you want to do. But why do you assume it is 'right' to impose that someone else spend their time ratifying what you do? And why do you even need that?
Old 09-06-2019, 08:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
What right do you have to believe what you do?
What right do you have to expect others to believe what you do?
Do those rights carry with them any responsibilities?
Does exercising those rights too freely carry any dangers?

1.The last of human freedoms - the ability to choose one's attitude in a given set of circumstances. Viktor E. Frankl

2. no right

3. If belief turns into an action. To not harm others

4. As above
Old 04-07-2019, 09:49 PM
Newbie ;)

What right do you have

What have you done today?

This topic is simple, you can post everyday few times in this topic that what you have done today.

- No spam
- No doublepost
Old 05-07-2019, 12:17 AM
Master

Quote:

I don't consider myself to have 'rights'. Because that puts a burden on others to have to accept whatever it is I want to claim as my 'right', and others shouldn't be force to face a burden just because I want their favor. But that doesn't mean I won't believe as I will anyway.
Old 05-07-2019, 03:40 AM
ImthatIm

Quote:
If one truly believed that their beliefs held the key to getting to heaven, and also truly believed that their God wanted them to share those beliefs so that others could get to heaven, would they then be obligated to act and share those beliefs with others?

It is best to do the will of God if that is possible.

If the Spirit leads and the human follows then there really is no obligation but
a party or a dance or a dance party. It is so much fun to share the heart with others in a way that is lovely
and refreshing, like only spirit can.
Old 31-08-2019, 01:53 PM
Suspended

What right do you have

So gentleman a question. I own a 09 Honda civic lx-s sedan 5 speed manual. I was considering keeping it when the FT-86 gets here, but now I am pondering trading the civic in for a prius and still purchasing the FT-86. What do you guys think? Prius or keep the CiviC?
Old 31-08-2019, 01:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remontvfdspb
So gentleman a question. I own a 09 Honda civic lx-s sedan 5 speed manual. I was considering keeping it when the FT-86 gets here, but now I am pondering trading the civic in for a prius and still purchasing the FT-86. What do you guys think? Prius or keep the CiviC?

I think you're on the wrong forum mate. Men and motors forum that way >>>>>>
Old 05-09-2019, 12:01 AM
Knower

Your beliefs are part of you, you have the right to think freely. Everyone does.

None. You have none at all. You have no right and should have no expectation that anyone will believe anything that you believe, or that they will even respect what you believe. You may not inflict your beliefs on others. They only belong to you.

Yes. If your beliefs harm others then you are accountable for that harm. Even if you are doing something out of love, if it is perceived as harm by the other party, you are in the wrong. Say, I send a hundred emails a week to someone professing my connection to them and adoration for them. If that person has no feelings for me and tells me to go away, then I must. If I continue, I am in the wrong and I am accountable for hurting, bothering, scaring, that other person. Same with 'religious' beliefs. If it hurts someone, you are wrong and accountable.

No, for the right to believe as you wish. And yes, for inflicting them on others and professing your beliefs irresponsibly. The internet allows for that, and I think people really need to be careful what they do online.

Great questions!
Old 05-09-2019, 12:58 AM
Guide

Quote:
If one truly believed that their beliefs held the key to getting to heaven, and also truly believed that their God wanted them to share those beliefs so that others could get to heaven, would they then be obligated to act and share those beliefs with others?

Those are two very big "IFs" there.

I truly believe what I believe, BUT I am constantly learning and refining what I believe. By no means do I believe I have the ultimate answer or the key to getting into heaven. Other people may have suggestions and ideas, but I doubt any living human has a mystical "key to heaven."

IF I believed God wanted me to share those beliefs with others, I might feel obligated to share. I DO feel obligated to ACT on what I believe. But each of us is free to believe what they will. I have no obligation nor authority to try to change the minds of others. I DO share my beliefs with those who are open and curious and like to discus such things. But I do NOT consider it an obligation.
Old 05-09-2019, 01:45 AM
Knower

[quote=Blue Tiger]Those are two very big "IFs" there.

IF I believed God wanted me to share those beliefs with others, I might feel obligated to share. I DO feel obligated to ACT on what I believe.

Love this! Well said Blue Tiger!