Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 23-03-2020, 02:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
I am not a practicing Hindu though many of their beliefs,I can relate to.I just felt that I had to let you know that I totally agree with that statement you've just posted.

Thanks ... although what I’ve posted actually has nothing to do with Hinduism or any other religion or doctrine for that matter

Old 26-03-2020, 04:02 PM
ketzer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
It's like watching a movie (reading a book, playing a video game, ...). We get engrossed in the plot, forget who we are, then live vicariously through the movie's characters.

If somebody turns on the light we pop out of trance, remember who we are, and why we are watching this movie (a.k.a. get enlightened).

Our subconscious can turn on the light, so we should nicely ask it to do that.

It works with phone ringing too ...

Pretty much as you wrote in your opening post.
Spot on. Of course, when watching a movie, to fully experience it, we need to engage in what is known as "willing suspension of disbelief", else it is just not the same experience. Some will watch a horror movie while keeping the lights on, while others will darken the room and take the phone off the hook for the duration. I suppose it depends on how real and deep of an experience they wish to have, and whether they really want to see how it ends. https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/366769f...4-b89a66ae3bed
Old 26-03-2020, 04:20 PM
ketzer

Sometimes, like everyone else I suppose, I will create an entire seemingly external world within myself, and then create a personal viewpoint which I use to go there and spend some time exploring. My viewpoint makes it seem like all that stuff is out there, but of course all of it is just me. Oh sure I may have borrowed an idea or two (or many) from others, but I am the one who is creating it all in that present reality. I remember one time when something really strange happened. I thought I had woken up and realized I had been dreaming, but then I realized that no, I have not woken up, I am still in my dream, I only dreamed I have woken up.
Old 26-03-2020, 07:08 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Sometimes, like everyone else I suppose, I will create an entire seemingly external world within myself, and then create a personal viewpoint which I use to go there and spend some time exploring. My viewpoint makes it seem like all that stuff is out there, but of course all of it is just me. Oh sure I may have borrowed an idea or two (or many) from others, but I am the one who is creating it all in that present reality. I remember one time when something really strange happened. I thought I had woken up and realized I had been dreaming, but then I realized that no, I have not woken up, I am still in my dream, I only dreamed I have woken up.
It's called "false awakening". It feels as real as a regular wake up, although you are still anther self than the awake-you. You aren't lucid, as you don't know who you are (I'm not talking philosophically "Who YOU are" ... )
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 26-03-2020, 07:25 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
You aren't lucid, as you don't know who you are
Finally, somebody gets the real me.
Old 27-03-2020, 04:27 AM
Master
Quote:
How do you lift the amnesia? How do you 'awaken from your sleep'?

If you ask this question you are already or in the process of awakening.