Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 20-08-2012, 06:08 PM
RichMartini

The levitation class was pretty trippy.

Mind you, this person is a friend of mine I've known since grade school. She was skeptical of hypnosis, past life regression, between life therapy in general.

She went back to a life as the captain of a ship who was killed by pirates and relived that event. Then she went into the between lives world and was able to see a number of people, including her spirit guide.. and at some point, headed over a hill, and waiting for her were these, I think it was 23, students. As if she'd just left for a cup of coffee.

They were on some other planet - or perhaps not - a planet of their own creation? I don't know - but they were standing around a huge boulder which the entire group were levitating. She said the students were proud to show her how they did it. She said that she didn't need to, but she'd put her hands out in front of her when doing a demonstration, just for the dramatic effect (I found that an amusing detail). Then she talked about energy, how everything is energy, and how you manipulate the energy to move large objects. She lectured for a bit about the process, and when she was done the students showed her they had gotten it down to 8 students who could jointly life the huge rock.

You can see an elaborate description of classrooms in the afterlife (this author and his son never heard of Newton or his sessions) where the son claims he's taking classes in the afterlife, and the various topics he's learning in "My Life After Life."

<snip>

Edited by SF Staff

Last edited by arive nan : 29-12-2012 at 07:42 AM.
Old 20-08-2012, 06:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by res
Hi all,

I was just wondering why life purpose/karmic people have the idea that as spirits we choose to adopt a body so that we can come here and experience different emotions in forms of lessons.

What i cant understand is why would we need a physical body to understand emotions that are not physical in nature to begin with?

Cant those in spirit form feel emotion or recognise it enough that they wouldnt need to get a body and suffer for the most part here on earth?

If there is a cosmic consciousness that all/most/some can access then why would there be a need to come here to learn lessons that are already known by those that have lived on earth throughout the ages?

To be honest i have spent many years living and studying both these concepts and think they are off the mark though i am open to being convinced otherwise if anyone has the right answers.
Hi Res, I'm just now reading this thread and not gotten very far, but it is very interesting. My answer is that I have no answers for you. I can tell you that from a very early age, I truly believed in reincarnation, but I doubt i thought in terms of that word, but just that I was too tired to do this again (life). I can remember how I felt as a 4 year old thinking those things today.

I can't imagine chosing this life, but also, makes me wonder why if we have some grand purpose, why do some people have no lives at all really. Just sit and do nothing, pretty much wasting their lives. There seem to be so many in this world that just do nothing. Or you have some that just work, work, and more work and are miserable. So it seems why do we have possibly 100s of lives, if not more and say after 200 lives we still just exist? Sit on our bums and watch tv or sit on the computer. What's with that? Recall of anything is so far gone that in this class session, we just wasted an entire life time? Boggles my mind and so why so many life times, what's the real purpose...It seems quite maddening to me. Nothing better to do than play the game of life in the spiritual world? Are spinning the wheel and what it stops on, that's what you do next? Some say after you've reached 'nirvana' you can choose to not come back. Is that true? Too many unanswered questions to drive me nuts.
Old 21-08-2012, 12:31 PM
sunny shine

Quote:
Originally Posted by res
Hi all,

I was just wondering why life purpose/karmic people have the idea that as spirits we choose to adopt a body so that we can come here and experience different emotions in forms of lessons.

What i cant understand is why would we need a physical body to understand emotions that are not physical in nature to begin with?

Cant those in spirit form feel emotion or recognise it enough that they wouldnt need to get a body and suffer for the most part here on earth?

If there is a cosmic consciousness that all/most/some can access then why would there be a need to come here to learn lessons that are already known by those that have lived on earth throughout the ages?

To be honest i have spent many years living and studying both these concepts and think they are off the mark though i am open to being convinced otherwise if anyone has the right answers.

There are no right or wrong answers for these questions Res according to me. Every one has their own perceptions of their little world and we agree to thoughts that resonates with our own.

I had many books in my shelf which was bought several years ago i could not understand them until i went through some experiences in life and it all made sense at a later point in life.
Old 21-08-2012, 06:32 PM
RichMartini

lifetimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
I can't imagine choosing this life, but also, makes me wonder why if we have some grand purpose, why do some people have no lives at all really. Just sit and do nothing, pretty much wasting their lives. There seem to be so many in this world that just do nothing. Or you have some that just work, work, and more work and are miserable. So it seems why do we have possibly 100s of lives, if not more and say after 200 lives we still just exist? Sit on our bums and watch tv or sit on the computer. What's with that? Recall of anything is so far gone that in this class session, we just wasted an entire life time? Boggles my mind and so why so many life times, what's the real purpose...It seems quite maddening to me. Nothing better to do than play the game of life in the spiritual world? Are spinning the wheel and what it stops on, that's what you do next? Some say after you've reached 'nirvana' you can choose to not come back. Is that true? Too many unanswered questions to drive me nuts.

Hi Sarian. I've been exploring the topic of why we choose lives <snip> But it's dozens of cases of people that I filmed under deep hypnosis who discuss why they chose this lifetime.

It's based on the work of Michael Newton and his books that examine and catalog thousands of people and what they say about why they chose a particular lifetime. I can tell you based on the reports, that every lifetime has its own purpose and reasons for happening. Like the quantum butterfly effect, we may not be able to see what the reason or purpose is from the outside, but when fully examined, there are a million different reasons why we might choose a life.

In one case I filmed, a woman remembered a lifetime in Russia where she was the product of a mistress and a wealthy aristocrat. She grew up in a small village with the poor mother, but then when the mother died, a neighbor wrote to the father and he retrieved her, and put her into a life of opulence. But she hated it - she was bored. At one point she was engaged to a soldier, but he died, never returned and she became "an old maid." And the person in the session kept saying "this is such a boring life! Why did I choose it?"

But then in her between life session she was sitting with her spirit guide, and out of the mist came the soldier - and she recognized him as her soul mate in this life. And he reminded her that she had chosen that life for a number of reasons, including having a "restful" life in between ones that were much more animated, including the current one which is much more dramatic. And she recognized that this fellow is in her life now.

The point is that each of our journeys is unique to our own purpose. In one of the sessions I did and filmed, my spirit guide said (or it seemed he was saying) that the lifetimes - the overall arch of the lifetimes - is like a painting. You and your spirit guide choose the paints - or lifetimes - together and work out what you want the overall painting to be. And at the end of your many lifetimes all the colors are filled in, to expose this giant amazing canvas. (and then you're ready to become a spirit guide yourself).

The thing I hear always in these sessions, when meeting with a spirit guide, or the council of elders, is that the person is told "You're doing a good job. You're doing exactly what it is you signed up for. It's really hard for us to see from the outside what that might be for someone else. But if you imagine you've signed up for 1000 lifetimes, and you're in the middle of lifetime #422, then you can imagine that some of the lifetimes might be filled with drama and others might be just a little less so.

Then to add to that mix, people claim we don't always incarnate here (!) but there are other realms where we can go - other planets if you will. But I've also heard that "earth is the ballpark" - that this is where the action is - and that "you can learn more spiritually from one day of tragedy here on Earth than from 5000 years on some boring planet." Ok - I know how weird that sounds, but if you check into the accounts, they're all pretty weird.

Edited by SF Staff

Last edited by arive nan : 29-12-2012 at 07:44 AM.
Old 22-08-2012, 09:13 AM
res

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMartini
The levitation class was pretty trippy.

Mind you, this person is a friend of mine I've known since grade school. She was skeptical of hypnosis, past life regression, between life therapy in general.

She went back to a life as the captain of a ship who was killed by pirates and relived that event. Then she went into the between lives world and was able to see a number of people, including her spirit guide.. and at some point, headed over a hill, and waiting for her were these, I think it was 23, students. As if she'd just left for a cup of coffee.

They were on some other planet - or perhaps not - a planet of their own creation? I don't know - but they were standing around a huge boulder which the entire group were levitating. She said the students were proud to show her how they did it. She said that she didn't need to, but she'd put her hands out in front of her when doing a demonstration, just for the dramatic effect (I found that an amusing detail). Then she talked about energy, how everything is energy, and how you manipulate the energy to move large objects. She lectured for a bit about the process, and when she was done the students showed her they had gotten it down to 8 students who could jointly life the huge rock.

You can see an elaborate description of classrooms in the afterlife (this author and his son never heard of Newton or his sessions) where the son claims he's taking classes in the afterlife, and the various topics he's learning in "My Life After Life."

<snip>
Interesting.... the spirit world has gravity or they perceive it that way atleast. Thanks for the info Rich.

Last edited by arive nan : 29-12-2012 at 07:44 AM.
Old 22-08-2012, 09:37 AM
res

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
Hi Res, I'm just now reading this thread and not gotten very far, but it is very interesting. My answer is that I have no answers for you. I can tell you that from a very early age, I truly believed in reincarnation, but I doubt i thought in terms of that word, but just that I was too tired to do this again (life). I can remember how I felt as a 4 year old thinking those things today.

I can't imagine chosing this life, but also, makes me wonder why if we have some grand purpose, why do some people have no lives at all really. Just sit and do nothing, pretty much wasting their lives. There seem to be so many in this world that just do nothing. Or you have some that just work, work, and more work and are miserable. So it seems why do we have possibly 100s of lives, if not more and say after 200 lives we still just exist? Sit on our bums and watch tv or sit on the computer. What's with that? Recall of anything is so far gone that in this class session, we just wasted an entire life time? Boggles my mind and so why so many life times, what's the real purpose...It seems quite maddening to me. Nothing better to do than play the game of life in the spiritual world? Are spinning the wheel and what it stops on, that's what you do next? Some say after you've reached 'nirvana' you can choose to not come back. Is that true? Too many unanswered questions to drive me nuts.

Gday Sarian, What.......No answers?...... You sound alot like me The best i can come up with so far that if we do each have a purpose, that may be to do what ever we want to do while here on earth. Im not sure who said that our purpose has to be busy busy, stress, pain, suffering learning etc or why their view was very limited. I honestly believe that relaxing and enjoying life is not a waste of life but more enjoying the holiday. Soul advancement may suit those that choose it but as far as i know enjoying life is not a sin so us free souls can carry on being in the moment and kicking around ideas with peace of mind that it is our choice.....dont you think?

The truth is a funny thing and who holds it will not be known in this lifetime. Questioning shouldnt drive you nuts and the only pressure being put on you is by yourself by putting faith in the belief that others may "know" the truth but they dont so you can relax.

Thanks for joining in!
Old 22-08-2012, 09:57 AM
res

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny shine
There are no right or wrong answers for these questions Res according to me. Every one has their own perceptions of their little world and we agree to thoughts that resonates with our own.

I had many books in my shelf which was bought several years ago i could not understand them until i went through some experiences in life and it all made sense at a later point in life.

Thanks for joining in Sunny shine, i have to agree with you and i can totaly relate to the point at which your accumulated knowledge comes together.... i am at that very point right now