Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 01-07-2012, 11:39 AM
spiritualized

Quote:
Originally Posted by res
How much life will we each waste trying to figure out the meaning of it?

But that is the intrinsic nature of the mind - to seek out meaning - & we'll never really understand it.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:01 PM
res

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritualized
But that is the intrinsic nature of the mind - to seek out meaning - & we'll never really understand it.

i feel that it has evolved toward seeking out meaning but in its primitive state im no so sure that seeking out meaning was the minds basic purpose. i have started another thread to discuss this in detail and id love for you to join in.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:14 PM
spiritualized

Quote:
Originally Posted by res
i feel that it has evolved toward seeking out meaning but in its primitive state im no so sure that seeking out meaning was the minds basic purpose. i have started another thread to discuss this in detail and id love for you to join in.

Thanks - I did make a reply to one thread - was that the right one?

In relation to Being & Reality - it is Beyond the Mind. This simple truth is really all there is.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:54 PM
SerpentQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by res

You said earlier the mind's basic purpose was to solve problems. Once it's solved the "what to eat" problem and the "reproduce" problem, perhaps it naturally turns to "why are we here" problem? That doesn't mean that is our purpose or the reason we have evolved -- it just means the mind loves to solve problems and is designed to solve problems.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:44 PM
res

Sorry spiritualized....May help if i mentioned it is called" are you wasting your life". thanks for joining in.

It would seem that way serpentqueen.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:13 AM
spiritualized

Quote:
Originally Posted by res
"are you wasting your life".

What is valid & productive? I look around at the World & it seems that the vast majority of people are busy f*cking everything up. I think a productive life is probably one spent in as little activity as possible. More Being & less doing. A life as a Sadhu perhaps seems reasonable.

I don't know what I'm meant to be doing? I certainly can't join in any more with what mainstream culture is up to; humanity as a whole is utterly f*cked as far I'm concerned. Most of my waking hours are spent alone sat in front of the computer smoking tobacco heavily. Is that wasting my life? Probably. I don't really care any more.
Old 02-07-2012, 02:18 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritualized
What is valid & productive?

Based on what people report in life between life hypnotic regressions, the ultimate purpose of learning and doing things in life is loving others. Everything revolves around that. So if you're spreading love and being a loving person... you should be on the right track.
Old 02-07-2012, 02:34 AM
RichMartini

y'all might get a kick out of this video - a psychic telling this skeptical young man details he couldn't possibly know (there's a joke he makes about googling him on the net) Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g74zn...&feature=share

Here's the follow up with the kid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MYDf...feature=relmfu
Old 02-07-2012, 02:43 AM
res

[quote=spiritualized]What is valid & productive? [quote]

I suppose that would depend on each individual but from my perspective something productive would require spending my life solving problems that can be solved while i exist here on earth. i too dont what i should be doing but the only thing i am sure of is taking care of the children i brought in to this world.

Being happy, loving life and those around me sounds good to me too.