Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 02-11-2017, 01:56 AM
Knower
Looking at rieki synbols - haremful ?

Hi i just finished rikei level 2

My teacher said that you shouldn't let people who are not healers see the symbols because it can have a bad effect on them

im not talking about explaining to them - but even if they take a look by mistake if its somewhere in the house on a paper it can cause some bad effect

someone heard about this ? what does this mean ?

I dont have a painting of a rieki symbol on the wall but i do have a drawing of the 3 symbols on small papers and i wondered if by mistake a family member visiting me will take a look on them - and will it have some effect on them - maybe make them out of balance in some way etc ?

(mini question : if i look at reiki symbol of level 3 does it have an effect on me? )
Old 02-11-2017, 03:39 AM
Pathfinder

You can find them on the internet lol. Honestly, I don't believe Reiki would harm like that. There must be some reason they want to tell people that though. I hear it's just a sacred thing. But yeah, I don't ever worry about it.
Old 02-11-2017, 10:56 AM
Knower
without connection to that she said it - she said not to show people the symbols in general as a sacred thing etc - but on top of that she said its best they dont look by mistake cause it can have a strong effect on them
Old 03-11-2017, 11:19 AM
Guide

You treat the symbols as sacred because you work with them in the healing of self and other people. They are your tools and we treat our tools with respect. Other people just see some strokes, unless you tell them about the symbols and their magic qualities, but why would you want to do that? Trying to impress them? To convince yourself about Reiki?

It is not about the effect on them but the effect such actions would have on you.
Old 03-11-2017, 01:53 PM
Knower
Ok so i understand why i should treat them with respect - --- but my teacher said they have an effect on others even if they dont understand thme
Old 04-11-2017, 08:05 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by water drop
Ok so i understand why i should treat them with respect - --- but my teacher said they have an effect on others even if they dont understand thme

Definitely with respect, but everything has energy to them. Every object from paper to water. SO those symbols definitely would. I do reiki and I don't show people those symbols, but I never feel a need to or think it's necessary. I don't think it would be bad unless you make that your belief.

I also wanted to share a fun fact that is kind of unrelated, but still related. I actually started out doing distant healing on others with the symbols, but now I connect to their higher self and imagine actually doing reiki on them with my hands and also just sending them a bunch of hearts. I have actually witnessed really powerful things with that alone. So overall, Reiki is the intention. Let the Universe do the work, but if your heart is in it for the greatest good and you let the angels, universe or whoever you identify with do the work it's very powerful. Reiki is energy and it's all about intention whether you use symbols or not. But yes, respect them but don't fear that they would do harm. That's my belief anyways :)
Old 05-11-2017, 10:58 AM
Guide

Quote:
Sure they have an effect. But in your teacher's statement is implied that the effect would be a negative one. If the effect would be positive you would want to show them to people, wouldn't you?

So what are the negative effects on other people? I bet your teacher cannot give a single answer, theoretical or practical.
However, I can think of negative effects on him, as a teacher. IMO it is a self-serving thing, the effect on oneself being projected onto others which is a psychological protection mechanism. It justifies his teaching courses in which the 'secrets' will be revealed to the paying participants.

You may notice that once again the thing becomes self-referential.
Old 09-11-2017, 06:59 AM
Pathfinder
water_drop,

I would say yes and no..

No - from the perspective that the symbols themselves won't harm the individual who hasn't been previously attuned to reiki and just notices or looks at them. This individual wouldn't have any idea what to do with the symbol, or what it is, so he would consider it as a some letter in japaneese language or some fengshui.

Yes - if someone finds your paper with the symbols, he might ask you what they mean, what you are using it for etc. If the individual isn't spiritual or doesn't share your interests or Reiki is against his religious beliefs, then it might hurt his relationship with you. In this sense, we can say the symbols indirectly hurt him.

I also agree with @markings suggestion - go and ask your teacher about the negative effects. I would also challenge yout teacher and ask the question: "Is there any specific guard/entity taking care of them?" "Who created this guard?" "What is his name?" "From which energy source his punishing energy comes from?" etc..
Old 10-11-2017, 01:27 AM
Seeker

Red face Symbols

Quote:
Hi i just finished rikei level 2

My teacher said that you shouldn't let people who are not healers see the symbols because it can have a bad effect on them

im not talking about explaining to them - but even if they take a look by mistake if its somewhere in the house on a paper it can cause some bad effect

someone heard about this ? what does this mean ?

I dont have a painting of a rieki symbol on the wall but i do have a drawing of the 3 symbols on small papers and i wondered if by mistake a family member visiting me will take a look on them - and will it have some effect on them - maybe make them out of balance in some way etc ?

(mini question : if i look at reiki symbol of level 3 does it have an effect on me? )

Honestly, they are symbols. Regardless of origin. Unless using something to make it negative or positive, it should have no effect at all. It just makes sense to me this way. I may be wrong, but i agree with others, ask your senseii in specific what is not safe about it. I even borrowed books from the library with these symbols. I am not reiki level 1 even, but I see one symbol two to four times daily. Nothing bads happened to me.
Old 19-11-2017, 11:25 PM
Experiencer
What your teacher told the class is not true. The origin of this and similar beliefs goes back to when reiki was brought over to the US (Hawaii) from Japan. The first American student of reiki went to study reiki in Japan. When she returned she turned it into more of a business than of a passing on of a spiritual gift. One of the things she did was make the symbols secretive. Supposedly she didn’t even give the symbols out to her students on paper. She only showed it to them. Of course, no one can remember perfectly that’s why there is more than one version of the three symbols that exist today. Her students just went by what they could remember.

What my instructor told my class was that the symbols can be found in temples in Japan. There is no way someone who has not taken reiki will receive harmful effects just from looking at it. It’s just a symbol. The master symbol is actually a word (I don’t know what the word is). Like others have mentioned, now the symbols can be found on the internet. If you look at the master symbol (level 3) before you take the class and get the attunement, nothing will happen to you.

You can learn more about the history of reiki (including other misconceptions that have been investigated), at reiki.org.