Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 05-12-2016, 01:29 PM
Newbie ;)

Are some people luckier than others without trying

I don't want to sound cynical in any way, but I do wonder if some people are just luckier than others?

I know people who are not positive in any way, would not know an affirmation if it came up and punched them in the face, are not particularly nice people, and yet they seem to be successful. I'm not saying they are amazingly happy and I don't claim to know the ins and outs of people's lives, either.

I know other people who are spiritual, believe in LOA and try hard to make it work but it never seems to. What is this all about, really?

Why are these negative people prospering so much? Why do nice people seem to suffer? What's behind it all?
Old 05-12-2016, 04:46 PM
Lorelyen

People who are successful at what they do affirm naturally and without much
thought. It's about being single-minded enough to pursue your goals.

As for luck, pure luck, a random event falling in one's lap is probably there for everyone.
Some people are more astute than others in spotting it.

LOA works only in limited ways and when someone can fulfil the premises
that it runs on. You have to believe that you have (or are) now what you want to have/be,
which obviously won't work in many cases.

Like, if you want to be a renowned international violinist - if you're already
accomplished on the violin it might work. You can visualise yourself as
famous. If you can't play at all then you can believe all you like if you can't play
you can't play. You can't pretend in situations like that.

You could however affirm that you want to be this thing and if you persist enough
and do the necessary work it's possible you could make it. But that isn't how
LOA works.

Old 05-12-2016, 09:34 PM
I dunno...my brother-in-law has watched in amazement over 40 years
my sister stand up to claim a raffle prize before they call her number.
She called last week to say she won $1050 from a Rom Cath Church Raffle.
She is a 'good' person...very child like in her enjoyment and wonderment of this beautiful world.

Past Life bennies? Maybe.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 06-12-2016, 01:17 AM
Newbie ;)

Yes, I have considered the whole past life theory for a while actually.

It's really hard and if that is the case, why does it have to be paid back (if you were a bad person) in a new life where you are seemingly innocent?

I know LOA isn't some kind of magic pill, and yeah if you do want to become a famous violinist it would be very difficult to imagine it if you had no experience at all. It's hard to feel positive when you're in a state of disillusionment I guess. I see so many people with obvious negative attitudes that seem to get everything they want (I know they're probably not happy and want more).

Just need to keep trying I guess.
Old 06-12-2016, 12:01 PM
Lorelyen

It's inexplicable. Past lives - or past visits here, embodiments of the spirit world, are no doubt possible. As a gnostic I believe that's how it is - but knowing anything about past lives can only come to light usually in the broadest terms by some sign appearing. Even then it's supposition. It's possible that something may have happened but you can never be sure.

Maybe there are exceptional people, perhaps 1 in a billion who do have contact with their past manifestations here but for most I have my doubts.

As for negative people getting all they want... this usually means material things - money, status etc., but could it be a misinterpretation? They may be self-centred (which you have to be somewhat to be single-minded enough to sustain motivation) but not necessarily negative. Yes, they are negative when acquisition makes gains at someone else's expense but their drive may be positive. It's disregard for others in their path that makes them negative.

I doubt they ever know happiness because they're never satisfied. Perhaps the drive makes them happy, the sense of achievement when they reach a new goal but then.... they're off in pursuit of something else. You acquire yourself a palatial home with all the accoutrements...What are they going to do? Just sit in it? Nope, next it's a yacht and lots of partying, swish cars...

It's when we have needs and they're practical that affirmation and LOA might work or guide us to achieving an aim. But just wanting for its own sake - or because it's become socially essential to have something, is when it's negative and debilitating. If people are successful at that it's because LOA has helped them develop a vision tunnelled enough to shut other things out to target what they want - not at all spiritual to me, nut that's just my view.

I'm all for enterprise but not when others are hurt. I have no smartphone because I don't support the slavery and frittering of life involved in its manufacture; nor the vast profits hoarded by the firms that put their badges on them then whip up acquisitive hysteria. It came as no surprise that a certain make of smartphone costs just on $5 to manufacture but is sold to punters for over $500. How much lifespan was lost in the manufacturing process?

Old 08-12-2016, 01:44 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalWhisper
I don't want to sound cynical in any way, but I do wonder if some people are just luckier than others?

I know people who are not positive in any way, would not know an affirmation if it came up and punched them in the face, are not particularly nice people, and yet they seem to be successful. I'm not saying they are amazingly happy and I don't claim to know the ins and outs of people's lives, either.

If they're not particularly nice, then trust me, they're not "amazingly happy." Happy people (even the introverted ones) manage to spread their happiness around. They can't help it.

And if someone's not happy, they're not "successful," IMO. Because really, the ultimate goal of doing anything (outside of crisis/survival situations) is to maximize happiness, right? If they have all the shiny trophies, but are still unhappy, how, then, have they succeeded?

Sure, they may have a lot of money and "stuff" (including, perhaps, things you'd like for yourself), but that's because they don't have any resistance to receiving it. They probably believe they deserve it, and don't have any doubts or moral qualms about whether they can/should have it or not.

But if they aren't happy, then they're just attracting stuff to feed cravings and give them a temporary boost--before the novelty wears off, they get bored with it, and the cycle starts all over again. I grew up around rich people (and people who wanted everyone else to think they were rich) and I saw this pattern constantly repeated from a very young age.

And keep in mind that they may be receiving all kinds of stuff, and appear to be materially successful--but you've admitted yourself that you don't know the ins and outs of their lives. For all you know, they're up to their eyeballs in debt and it keeps them awake at night. Or they feel trapped in work they dislike, or in unhappy relationships, just to keep the money flowing so they can maintain a lifestyle others equate with "success." They may get all the money and material comforts, but at what price?

Quote:
I know other people who are spiritual, believe in LOA and try hard to make it work but it never seems to. What is this all about, really?

Well, frankly, most spiritual people aren't all that happy, either. They're making a sincere effort to be, and looking for answers, and striving toward it, but TBH I see a lot of deeply unhappy people in spiritual circles. And they perpetuate their own unhappiness because they keep chasing after it, trying hard to make it work, with happiness as a goal--when really, the whole "secret" is learning to be happy right here, right now, where and as you are, with what you already have.

Quote:
Why are these negative people prospering so much? Why do nice people seem to suffer? What's behind it all?

Part of the reason the "nice" people never seem to get ahead materially is because most people with a "spiritual" bent have, at best, an ambivalent relationship to the material world, to possessions, and to money. They're wrestling with that dualistic spiritual-material, higher self-lower self, exalted-debased, pure-corrupt split. Too much money makes them nervous. Too many nice possessions, and they feel guilty.

But the first group of non-spiritual people you described? They simply don't have those inner conflicts. They may not be nice, they may not be happy, but they believe that it's perfectly okay--and even a great thing--to prosper materially. So they put up no barriers against it. They don't worry whether it's moral, or properly "spiritual," to have money and live in material comfort.
Old 22-12-2016, 04:31 PM
Knower
Quote:

From an astrology point of view (which also ties to past life karma, because your natal chart is a result of positive/negative karma you have accumulated), yes, some people are definitely luckier than others.

Celeste Teal's book Predicting Events With Astrology lists the planetary signatures that are common in the natal chart of extremely wealthy or lucky people.

If we are talking straight up luck (like winning the lottery luck) those can be seen with 5th natal house and aspects with Jupiter and Venus. It takes several aspects and placements between personal planets (especially the Sun, Moon or the Ascendant) and conjunctions, trines and sextiles with tight orbs of influence to benefic planets Jupiter and Venus before you can classify the natal chart as inherently "lucky."
Old 19-03-2017, 09:14 AM
Suspended
Guide
Cool I Should be so Lucky

Quote:

The reason you want to punch their head in means either they are undeserving lowlife scumbag,con artist scammers,or you may have the "greeneyed monster" rearing its ugly head.
I know this situation well,watching people get ahead ( at work ) usually,or you see someone you know with things they shouldn't have ( unless lotto win )you know they are maybe local dealers,but their luck Is not getting caught.
I know you do get ahead in work/trade or business if your "face fits",if you are good looking and gregarious and you associate with similar folk then you will get ahead.
I have made a few bosses rich by my work ethic,working harder and faster than others because that's the way you are,but where and who too you are born plays à part too,there are lots of variables.Its a hard one.

Regards Billy.
Old 22-03-2017, 10:39 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriesIntrovert
From an astrology point of view (which also ties to past life karma, because your natal chart is a result of positive/negative karma you have accumulated), yes, some people are definitely luckier than others.

Celeste Teal's book Predicting Events With Astrology lists the planetary signatures that are common in the natal chart of extremely wealthy or lucky people.

If we are talking straight up luck (like winning the lottery luck) those can be seen with 5th natal house and aspects with Jupiter and Venus. It takes several aspects and placements between personal planets (especially the Sun, Moon or the Ascendant) and conjunctions, trines and sextiles with tight orbs of influence to benefic planets Jupiter and Venus before you can classify the natal chart as inherently "lucky."

Totally agree. Even awful ppl can have a good chart that has them live a good life. They might not appreciate anything and be liars/scammers and still get what they want. True with the opposite, someone thinking their great thoughts have manifested a good life. And for the unlucky ones, someone who tries their hardest to be good will still be unfortunate. The only way to combat bad luck is to know yourself "with my luck so and so will happen" play into your hand. Have bad luck? Do the opposite of your instinct
Old 22-03-2017, 12:51 PM
Master
Yes some people are luckier than others but it has got nothing to do with whether they are good or bad, there is no correlation there. Luck is random and it changes its colour in one person many times throughout their lives. You may have been luckier when you were yound but now your luck has run out and it may come back again when you are older, etc.