Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 10-11-2016, 01:38 AM
Master
The Law of Negative Attraction

I need help.

I'm wondering....how do I stop the whole world from being so totally predictable?

For example, I made a commitment to do this 'Spiritual Focus Group' every Monday - it is a commitment to myself and a commitment to my mental health nurse.

Now, I have noticed that every time I make a 'commitment' the universe has other ideas about that and tries its best or hardest to break that commitment with almost clockwork and precise regularity.

For example....I have only been once and I intend to go every Monday between 10am and 12 noon.

It's funny (no it isn't) how anybody else who wishes to make an appointment with me HAS to try it between the hours of 10am and 12 noon of a Monday, without even knowing I have something on at that time and it becomes a 'see me then or not at all' thing to try and drive the knife in.

I have learned all the tricks the universe tries to pull and it's "sorry I cannot see you at all then because I MUST do this other thing....it's more IMPORTANT for me to do this other thing..." and thus I miss out on a lot because I have free will and CHOOSE to do this other thing.

It's not so much I am annoyed by the timing of it, but the whole predictability of it makes me tear my hair out ....I should start saying; "let me guess....I am a totally psychic individual....the ONLY time you have available to see me is Monday mornings before lunch...how am I doing?"

Now, because people and the universe hates being proved either wrong or right, I will get "No, that's not true at all....how does Tuesday Afternoon sound?"

I wish...I WISH I could get over the whole total and 100% predictable nature of the universe...it is one big wish I have....I want somebody to teach me how.
Old 10-11-2016, 02:21 AM
Master
I guess one could subscribe to the theory that this is the work of 'satan' or 'demons' who don't wish to see me progress along the spiritual path.

It is incredible how malevolent entities can force the hands and minds of other people into totally negative and self-serving situations.

I thought I was under demonic attack....I had other people try and tell me 'it's all in your mind'...

How the hell does my mind tell my physiotherapist and my doctor to make appointments for a time that is impossible for me to attend it....out of all the days and hours in the week they could see me....why must it be then? How does my own mind do this? I am at a loss to understand it.

I mean, it isn't 'impossible' for me to attend, but that's what the whole premise hinges on, doesn't it? I know how the game is played, but I don't want to play it anymore.

So, it's easier for me (and other people) to think/believe there's a demon or curse involved, because the alternative is; "I have created everything with my own mind...even other people and what they do, which has nothing whatsoever to do with me....isn't that cool?"

Nah, the devil did it.
Old 10-11-2016, 08:24 AM
Lorelyen

I've come to read "The Universe" in the context of "modern spirituality" LOL
as a synonym for "god", probably because of the sentiment surrounding the
unrolling of events. When they come out in one's favour it's "There! The
Universe has answered my prayer!" When they don't, it's "The universe
works in mysterious ways."

I assume the physical universe doesn't come into it, just the esoteric one,
that one with us already. It would be utterly crass to imagine that the infinite
scope of the universe could be organised quickly to respond to what it would
probably see as an individual animal's whimsy.

So... may I ask -
Why do you want to stop the whole world from being so totally predictable?
Isn't its predictability useful to most people most of the time? And - is it always totally predictable?
(Where I live, the weather is never predictable for a start.)

So.......
Now, I have noticed that every time I make a 'commitment' the universe
has other ideas about that and tries its best or hardest to break that
commitment with almost clockwork and precise regularity.

Can I assume this is the universe within you? If so, you have regulatory powers over it. So...

It's funny (no it isn't) how anybody else who wishes to make an appointment with me HAS to try it between the hours of 10am and 12 noon of a Monday,
without even knowing I have something on at that time and it becomes a 'see me then or not at all' thing to try and drive the knife in.

It could be that Monday morning is a fave time for fixing things. It is around my way.
It's a zumba session which, duhhhhh, overlaps with a Tai Chi thing I'd like to do
plus one of the morning Yoga sessions. And you bet if a client has something to say it's
"could you pop in on Monday morning?" Not invariable but often.
Evening, it's a Medau class overlapping another weekly Tai Chi...
There are only two (I'm willing to afford) in the week, both on Monday.

So it is up to us. We are that universe and we can repel conflict if we have to.
Choices are sometimes forced upon us and we have to optimise.

I don't honestly see this as a spiritual issue - more an admin one. Is it
impossible to reconvene some appointments? No doubt it could be turned
spiritual using various practices to change things and perhaps the answer lies
there...

Now, I have to quit for a while to get ready for zumba.

Old 10-11-2016, 08:39 AM
Master
Yes, it could be that Monday morning is the time most people want to get everything 'over and done with' for the whole week, makes sense....and around here, the weather is predictable for this time of year - 15 to 22 degrees C, with a moderate south westerly wind running at approx 40 knots and a humidity of 80-90% resulting in very light drizzle and fogs but not enough for it to actually rain...sooo predictable!

Yes, I guess most people would like it to be that way....but for once I would like my telephone to ring when I am not otherwise occupied....for once I would like 'the universe/god' to actually have mercy on me and just bend slightly to my responsibilities....for once I would like to get to an ATM first and not have to wait for between 4-6 people...and people may say 'it can't happen every time'....but trust me, it does - unless I set my alarm for 3am just so I can be first at an ATM...which I do sometimes because God pees me off so much whenever He plays these games with me...but it has become so predictable I can set my watch by it and there must be a reason for this.

Like I said to Khalli, if I could actually harness this power, I would become a 'superhero' or the antichrist...take your pick there.

I have often wondered what does it take to be first/the only one?
Old 10-11-2016, 09:16 AM
Master
Although there is a way I can short circuit the whole program in regards to the 'dropping things' part of it.

I used to drop everything....pegs from the clothesline, the soap in the shower, cutlery from the sink...day in and out....many many times...

Now, I have taken to touching my toes a dozen times every morning as soon as I wake up and the whole 'dropping things' bit has diminished.

Mum said to me beforehand; "maybe God doesn't think you are getting enough exercise and that's why He makes you drop things..." so I started touching my toes to circumvent the 'butterfinger brigade' and she was right.

Now, if only there were certain mitigations I could put in place for predictability in the same way....I could always pray to Lord Ganesha to 'remove obstacles' even though I don't believe in Lord Ganesha...

Suffice to say, if it is my lesson that I must 'let things happen' rather than trying to 'make things happen', then I'd rather return to doing absolutely nothing with my life because it's just a heck of a lot easier that way...to do things that don't involve other people in any way whatsoever....because when other people get involved you must march to their drum and not your own....and I march to my own drum.
Old 10-11-2016, 12:17 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Although there is a way I can short circuit the whole program in regards to the 'dropping things' part of it.

I used to drop everything....pegs from the clothesline, the soap in the shower, cutlery from the sink...day in and out....many many times...

Now, I have taken to touching my toes a dozen times every morning as soon as I wake up and the whole 'dropping things' bit has diminished.

Mum said to me beforehand; "maybe God doesn't think you are getting enough exercise and that's why He makes you drop things..." so I started touching my toes to circumvent the 'butterfinger brigade' and she was right.

Now, if only there were certain mitigations I could put in place for predictability in the same way....I could always pray to Lord Ganesha to 'remove obstacles' even though I don't believe in Lord Ganesha...

Suffice to say, if it is my lesson that I must 'let things happen' rather than trying to 'make things happen', then I'd rather return to doing absolutely nothing with my life because it's just a heck of a lot easier that way...to do things that don't involve other people in any way whatsoever....because when other people get involved you must march to their drum and not your own....and I march to my own drum.

I reckon you must make things happen and perhaps in some cases let them happen. It would be a cop out to let everything just happen. That's what many of the non-spiritually-inspired mundane-world folk have done - and look at the happiness they think they get from life. They're just puppets. The Good Lord (i.e. the consumerist supremos) has given them enough distractions and escapes so they never have time to think about their futility.

But you took up one message - and it worked. Great. There must be other messages coming from both within and without that would promote "making things happen" to good effect. Maybe listening a bit then examining what they say?

Yes, march to your own drum in spite of adversities large and small!! At times its beat may fit in with others, may have to, may be avoided if you can beat louder. Everyone's in the same scene really though many on the mundane world labour under the illusion that they're driving their own lives but aren't really. You have your independence from the "system of things" except in as much as you have to fit in enough to survive. A nuisance but I'm in the same situation.

And now, kettle on. A little rest and a cuppa. Earned it this morning!

Old 11-11-2016, 01:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
I reckon you must make things happen and perhaps in some cases let them happen. It would be a cop out to let everything just happen. That's what many of the non-spiritually-inspired mundane-world folk have done - and look at the happiness they think they get from life. They're just puppets. The Good Lord (i.e. the consumerist supremos) has given them enough distractions and escapes so they never have time to think about their futility.

But you took up one message - and it worked. Great. There must be other messages coming from both within and without that would promote "making things happen" to good effect. Maybe listening a bit then examining what they say?

Yes, march to your own drum in spite of adversities large and small!! At times its beat may fit in with others, may have to, may be avoided if you can beat louder. Everyone's in the same scene really though many on the mundane world labour under the illusion that they're driving their own lives but aren't really. You have your independence from the "system of things" except in as much as you have to fit in enough to survive. A nuisance but I'm in the same situation.

And now, kettle on. A little rest and a cuppa. Earned it this morning!

Thanks for your help and advice and you are totally right and have explained it in a way that makes sense to me now.

It just seems a bit cruel that in our attempts to 'fit in to survive' there are things that would like to stop us from even doing that.

I guess this kind of thing wouldn't bother most people and they would find a way to attend everything on a monthly roster basis or simply say "sorry, no can do - I'll have to find a professional who is more accommodating" even if they have to drive 50 or 60 kms to find one....or to find a Yoga class that is on a different night to a Tai Chi class (I also have that problem so I decided to do neither because I hate being put in the position where I am forced to choose between two things I like).

However, because this wouldn't affect a 'normal person' as much as it affects me and because the 'average person' would think I am just being silly/selfish/megalomaniacal or all three - time to go back on my anti-depressants and get some counselling and/or some CBT to try and get over it.

I'm also thinking about doing some courses online, so I can do them when I want to and not when the universe says I must do them.

Yes, it's funny how people think they are driving their own lives, when every decision about them has already been made without their consultation - some can see this and some cannot.

I can see it because I have lived in my own little private cave for so long and now I am trying to make contact with the outside world, realising just how difficult that is and why it is I am socially agoraphobic.

Then there are people who'll just disagree with everything I say, saying no more than "I totally disagree" without even saying why because they feel they don't have to justify their disagreement - and that drives me batty as well, even though I fully understand and appreciate it's their prerogative to do so...

Yep, time I go back on my meds and exist in the knowledge that my medication will not be of any detriment to my spiritual progress *sigh*
Old 11-11-2016, 01:40 AM
Master
Of course I could always just toss a coin...Heads I do "A" and Tails I do "B" and that way, I am not responsible for my own choices and decisions which would prevent me from doing neither.
Old 11-11-2016, 01:50 AM
Master

It could be that they respond in that window of opportunity because that is the time you feel most open to engage the world, and though you might say that you are not available there it is still a moment where you feel most available thus you attract opportunities. Just a thought on the whole LOA thing.
Old 11-11-2016, 02:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melahin
It could be that they respond in that window of opportunity because that is the time you feel most open to engage the world, and though you might say that you are not available there it is still a moment where you feel most available thus you attract opportunities. Just a thought on the whole LOA thing.
Maybe that is the case....interesting observation.

It could also be possible that the only vacancies health care professionals have is on a Monday morning because majority of people suffer from Monday-itis and make their appointments for later on in the week so they have more time to get over weekend hangovers and such...so Monday morning is usually free everywhere.

It's another case of 'getting in first' before everybody else or else put up with the 'loser dregs' created when people have to 'fit you in somewhere' because they are way too busy with other people!

This is why having a truckload of money and wealth is so critical and important in society....the more money one is prepared to throw at something, the more time becomes available to accommodate them at the expense of other people who don't have any.

I'm thinking about giving up trying to 'fit in with society' because it seems I wasn't meant to and it wasn't meant to happen anyway.

I would just like to know why....the reason I am like this if it serves nothing...nobody....not even myself.