Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 01-05-2016, 05:37 PM
Seeker

clockwise v anticlockwise

Today I asked my pendulum which crystals I should wear. I have done this before, and selected 5 or 6 crystals, then held the pendulum over them, and it responded yes to the one chosen, by swinging back and to, and no to the others, by swinging in a circular movement. However, today, I selected 5 crystals, green quartz, sodalite, mahogany obsidian, aventurine and a necklace of aventurine, sodalite and agate, laid out in this order, for no particular reason. My pendulum immediately responded yes to the green quartz, so then I held it over the others just to confirm this. However, when I held it over the sodalite, which is wrapped in copper wire, it hesitated for a bit, then swung round, for no, but I thought it looked different somehow. When I held my pendulum over the other three, it responded no, swinging in a clockwise direction each time. I then realised that it had swung anticlockwise over sodalite. I have never noticed this before, so now I'm going to have to pay more attention to whether it swings clockwise or anticlockwise. Could it have something to do with the copper do you think, and what does this mean?
Old 01-05-2016, 06:34 PM
Experiencer
Clock-wise motions.....

Hello' Rainbowmand:

The issue of clock wise and counter is simple.

What Divine Spirit has offered me in the past regarding this same issue is that..

the movement of "Clock-wise" motions have more to do with the Higher more spiritual frequencies and therefore, the "Counter clock-wise" motions have more to do with the lower, heavier, dense levels of consciousness.

Now, one could use this as a "Gauge: in measuring one's answers....i.e.

I wish to know if a person is ready for healing or change and I will simply observe the pendulum as to see whether it moves in a clock -wise or counter clock-wise movement. And if it moves in a clock-wise motion, then, it will indicate that YES, this individual IS ready for healing.

And counter clock would be an indication of NO.

But, what is important here is....to focus on the ""Feelings" and how true those energies feel , to you.

If there is a sense of......blockage or.....resistance......or.....conflict....then it is clear that that is not a pathway that will be based in comfort....ease.....and smooth sailing.

Also, it is vital that you understand that..."YOU and you alone" are the source...not the pendulum, as it is only a tool that 'reflects' your own intent and energies being expressed.

Therefore, try not to get so caught up in the science of the issue.

I hope this has helped.

In Light & Harmony Taoist
Old 02-05-2016, 02:39 PM
Seeker

Thanks Taoist, I have now learned something else about the use of pendulums. I do get different feelings depending on how my pendulum moves, it has always responded in more ways than just swinging to and fro for yes and a circular movement for no, and sometimes these change too, can't believe I didn't notice the clockwise and counterclockwise movements before now though.
Old 17-11-2016, 12:22 PM
Newbie ;)

The clockwise and counter-clockwise movement depends on polarity.
Men and women, like yin and yang, have opposing polarities.
On rare occasions, a man may have female polarity or a woman - male.

But let's discuss the most common situation.
Clockwise movement for men means yes, counter-clockwise - no.
For women, counter-clockwise is yes, clockwise - no.

This is a pretty fundamental rule, it has nothing to do with higher or lower energies, just polarity.

There are other ways a pendulum may behave but with yes/no questions, this is quite straightforward.
A master dowser showed this to me and a few other people during a course. Out of seven people attending (4 men, 3 women) only one woman had a male polarity, so for her the yes/no interpretation was the same as for the four men (including me).

We checked this on objects with known polarity, on colored sheets concealed in boxes, the colors of which we accurately predicted with just the yes/no questions and clockwise or counter-clockwise movements.

To determine your polarity, sit down in a comfortable position (legs not crossed) and hold the pendulum in your right hand above the open palm of your left hand. For men, it will start whirling clockwise, for women - counter-clockwise. When you turn your hand upside down, the polarity should be opposite. This is the most foolproof way of determining your polarity and further interpreting your pendulum's motions.

Of course, needless to say, it's advised to prepare before a session with a pendulum - meditate, shield yourself, energize your chakras. That way you can eliminate most of the uncertainties when working with a pendulum.
Old 19-03-2017, 01:41 AM
Suspended
Guide
Copper Nail Pendulum

Hello folks I used to love dowsing,in fact I used dowsing and a map to look for gold in Northern Western Australia, this was as recent as 2009,I had a little luck and it was luck.
But in the early 70's when I first started I used a 3" copper nail,I had a lot of friends having babies and if they knew me well enough I could try and tell them the sex of the unborn child,one day my pendulum turned right then spun left it confused me,i told them it shows a male and female,they told me later they thought they would test me out,and they knew they were having twins,though not the sex,they had a boy and girl.
I believe totally in dowsing but you must do the correct preparation, its the same with anything,I used to use a glass of water on a black cloth once upon a time for scrying, and I made my own "black mirror" with a car headlight glass lens.
I don't do it anymore but it was very interesting to non believers,and there were plenty of them.

Kind Regards Billy.
Old 19-03-2017, 03:24 PM
Guide
I used to dowse crystals and I found the polarity of the crystal made the pendulum swing in different directions. These days I deviceless dowse.
Old 19-03-2017, 06:44 PM
Administrator
Hello

Each time I use mine I ask to be shown "Yes" and "No" and " Maybe"

I too make sure that if I am using it for more than one question over an item I clear that item first and make sure its isolated.

At times the question is simply "Do I need a crystal today" and see where that goes.

Lynn
Old 20-03-2017, 01:52 PM
Suspended
Guide
Cool

Its an odd thing dowsing,they still use it around my general area,its a massive area and most of the properties/ranches especially running animals use pro dowsers to drill bores for water.
I know as do others that it does work,if I didn't become so sick ( Lyme,aspergillis niger) 5 years ago I would still have my gold leases,I had 4 and they were very small and hand mining licence only,so no machinery,I was planning on retiring on my 28 hectare lease but my cervical spine was damaged again "op number 5" and I had to let my leases go,here in WA you have to work them every year or lose them,I lost over $45,000 and had to sell my gear,but I was dowsing right up until the end,I had a $7,000 metal detector,every time my life gets ahead I was always either sick or injured my spine again,very depressing stuff,that's from opening my brow chakra and raising the serpent fire in 1981,and folk here wonder why I am so protective of members here enquiring about the third eye,its very dangerous to play around with,and no advice is better than bad advice from all the near do wells.
But dowsing worked for me and it works for the drought stricken farmer's.

Regards Billy.