Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 17-02-2013, 01:55 AM
SandyInfinity

buy a treadmill i wil this comming month
Old 17-02-2013, 11:53 AM
Seeker

For me, actually getting outside and jogging is the easiest form of exercise there is. I prefer it to walking, the tredmill, and bike anyday. If it's a nice day, you get to enjoy the fresh air and nature while keeping yourself healthy. It's a great feeling. The winter months are difficult because you're a little more forced to do inside workouts, which can be tedious, structured, and boring.

Determination and motivation is key!
Old 27-04-2013, 12:17 PM
LightofOurAge

I used to be rather overweight (about 250 lbs) and I'm 5'9. One summer I got a "fire lit" in me, and I dropped 50 lbs working out on a recumbant exercise bike, weight training, and changing my eating habit dramatically. That was in 2006. Just last year I lost another 20 pounds, and have managed to keep it off.

My point is, you don't need a gym membership to make yourself feel cool and wealthy in order to keep fit. I lost 70 lbs and didn't spend a dime to do it.
Old 28-04-2013, 11:22 AM
Deactivated Account
Working out can be very simple. It doesnt have to require a gym membership. Walking, jumping rope, running, jogging, hiking, breathing exercises, push ups, sit ups, etc all work. Five minutes a day can put someone in shape over time.

For example do a set of pushups. Then jump rope. Go back to push ups. If you last five minutes your in good shape. Before then rest between sets. Gyms suck in my opinion. Who wants to suck in all that stale air and be inside. They cost money to.
Old 28-04-2013, 12:47 PM
lily of the valley

@running,
I totally agree with you. I walk 6.5 kilometers at least twice a week, depending on how busy my day will be and I'm in better shape now at the age of 41 than I have ever been in my life. I walk along the country side with the view of mountains up ahead and the cool crisp, and now warm air in my face.......no gym could ever beat that!!! It doesn't take much to stay in shape, and to feel good about yourself. Healthy menu choices and lots of fruit and veggies and you're good to go.
Old 29-04-2013, 09:38 PM
Guide
Resistance training only requires 3 pieces of equipment, all which can be affordable.

1. Doorway chin up station (pullups, leg lifts)

2. Adjustable, multi-position flat bench (presses, bent over rows, flys, etc.)

3. Increment dumb bells (presses, squats, side/front raises, lunges, etc.)

With these 3 pieces of equipment, you can get a full body workout.

Any questions, about this or resistance training in general let me know.
Old 22-06-2013, 06:31 AM
Kenneath

Hi Godwin,
Agree with you and like to add we must stay close to people who motivates us and better to workout in gyms or boot-camps as the atmosphere provides a great opportunity to socialize and make friends and provide an ideal setting to workout in privacy.
Old 29-06-2013, 05:35 PM
MarkHerry

Gym is a best place to do workout because there is every exercise equipment that helps us to do exercise. I have my won gym at home and i do my workout in my own gym. I think everyone should join a gym for doing workout.