Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 28-11-2017, 04:34 AM
Pathfinder

Arrow Hearing/Reading the same name over and over again lately

I know that hearing/reading the same name over and over again is nothing groundbreaking, but this is a little bit different.

For over a year, there's been this guy at my gym that I never spoke to, but always thought was good looking and I was drawn to him for some reason. I would always catch him glancing at me, following me to each area of the gym that I would go to, and I could tell he wanted to talk to me but was too nervous. Well, a few months ago, I finally I decided to get the nerve to talk to him (since it seemed he was never going to make the first move), and we had a nice little conversation and he told me his name. I was happy to finally put a name with the face. Well, after that, I only saw him one more time at the gym, and I didn't say anything to him because I wanted him to be the first one to start the conversation this time. In fact, I think I pretended like I didn't even see him. I didn't mean to ignore him to be mean, but I wanted to see if he would strike up the conversation this time. I think he was angry because he left the gym before I did (he NEVER left the gym until I left in the past). I haven't seen him since (and I used to see him at the gym all the time).

Well now, what do you know? I hear or see his name all the time now. He has a name that isn't that common and I never knew anyone personally with that name until I met him, and now I'm hearing and seeing his name everywhere! And I'm not "looking" for the name or trying to find signs, it just keeps coming up! I don't even think about him except for when the name comes up.

What on earth does this mean? And do you think I'll ever see him again? It's been like two months now. It's just so strange.
Old 28-11-2017, 06:19 PM
Master
i get it 2 sum tims i do

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 29-11-2017, 06:29 AM
Master
Well, here's a guess:
We sorta align the Universe (our personal Universe) with our thoughts in many ways. Or we could say the Universe mirrors back to us our thoughts.

So you are thinking of him, he's thinking of you. So his name keeps popping up for you and likely your name keeps popping up for him, and this will continue for you each until you stop thinking of one another or otherwise talk again.

Due to his ego getting so smashed when you 'ignored' him (likely that's how he experienced it) he may not be the type of guy you are actually wanting. He sounds a bit fragile and a little emotionally volatile. Bit of a red flag there. Imagine what that would look like 2 years into a relationship. Yikes!
Old 30-11-2017, 07:16 PM
Pathfinder

CrystalSong, you have an interesting take on things. And you're right - his ego might be a problem, but I'm also thinking he could possibly have just gotten his feelings hurt (although I guess ego and hurt feelings can be one in the same sometimes). I don't know. I just feel like if I was the one to finally make the first move after a year, he should've been brave enough to at least be the one to start up the conversation after that. Why should I have to do all the work? I get sick of being the brave one all the time.
Old 30-11-2017, 11:41 PM
Master

i used to try to be brave... it was a lot of effort. I would have kept at it but there was no reward, every time I would try something brave I would get shot down. Over and Over and Over and Over. At least for the moment I would much rather be alone than go through that any more.
Old 06-12-2017, 03:34 PM
Seeker

I think this is interesting and likely this idea of reflection/mirrors is something to consider. Regarding his behavior after you challenged him to approach you - I'd be careful not to decide it's an ego thing and something to judge.

As a male who does go to the gym and do have some interactions at times, I am very conscious of the fact that women at the gym want to work out and if they're in their zone, I'll stay clear.

By ignoring him, you weren't projecting an openness and at the gym in particular, but always, I respect that. I had a woman introduce herself to me at a bar one night as someone who was in my 'workout class'. Since, we've chatted on and off (at gym and otherwise) but really I give her all the space.

I want to be friends with her and sometimes I've felt she was intentionally ignoring me but I don't push into that. Not because I'm afraid of being rejected but I'm confident and don't want to fuss with that. I don't judge her though. Things can be confusing in the matters. Lately, she started conversations with me I think because she noticed that I wasn't weird about things either way. I'm happy to engage with her and happy to not. These are relationships so, all parties need to be into it and you can feel it when someone isn't or, is trying to make you do something.

Be nice and open to him if you want to be. Even if he doesn't jump in right away, over time if you're meant to be friendly, you will be.

Do what you want to do is my opinion if that helps.