Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 07-07-2016, 04:26 PM
Newbie ;)

Flashes of memory

So, I've never really been sure if I believe in the concept of past lives and reincarnation. I'm not particularly spiritual, and the concept, while making some sort of karmic sense, always seemed a little depressing. Being reborn and having all the people who loved gone, or in another form with no guarantee that you'll meet them again or recognize them if you do always seems frustrating and depressing to me. I've had dreams before - I'm reluctant to classify them as memories as they carried a more magical quality to them and things that can't be done realistically. I always kept them close to the heart but chalked up to as imagination.

But recently I've had some other experiences that got me thinking about past lives. I sometimes get unexplained feelings that are mine and not at the same time. Last week I was filled with this intense and awful sense of grief - like I had lost someone or was missing them intensely. No rational explanation. I felt it for a few days and puzzled over it. Shortly after, I had this sort of flashback. My hand (a hand that didn't look like mine, but I knew it was) touching a man's face. I can vividly recall what his stubble felt like scraping against my nails, how soft his hair was at the base of his neck where my fingers curled in it. I can remember the physical touch of it but not his face, not the surroundings, not my own face. Just a hand (my hand) and his jawline and neck. Dark hair, soft, maybe with a slight curl. Warm skin, scratchy stubble, and the sheer intimacy of the moment. And the overwhelming feeling after that if I could just remember his face, everything would be okay. Like I'd know him anywhere and be able to find him again. I haven't experienced anything like that before. It was enough to make me ask if past lives are true.

I still have some residual feelings left over from it. Loneliness, even though I have people in this life. Sadness. Anxiety. It's a little annoying, actually. Like I'm being haunted by that tiny glimpse into what may have been a former life. I don't want to spend the rest of THIS life haunted by the absence of someone who may have existed in a past life, or comparing every bit of emotion to that one flash of overpowering intimacy left over from something before. I don't know if I'd ever want to try to fully remember any past lives - I don't want to waste the present one missing people who are long gone. I don't know anyone who believes in this stuff, so I guess I came here to vent.
Old 07-07-2016, 09:55 PM
Experiencer

Welcome to my world! A bit of advice, the longing gets stronger and stronger everyday. Gosh! I miss him so much! I'm in the same shoes, no one here in my small town that I can talk to, people will look at me like, I must be nuts, but I know it's real.
Old 11-07-2016, 02:56 PM
Deactivated Account
I have been having thoughts and feelings that are not really mine for my entire life.

So welcome to my universe, too.

I see an old painting, a statue, a death mask... and with that come glimpses of what might be memory or not.

I do research about historical people or events, and suddenly, I am full of mourn, love, hate, envy, fright... far beyond of what would be considered normal. Like I was there...

Either we have the means to access the Akashic Chronicles and just cannot control it--or we have been reborn on this planet over and over again.

Be this as it may, I know what you mean.

Just that in my case, it is more... dunno how to phrase it... there are so many times and places I long to go again. Unfortunately, I must admit that I want to see some people and places again befiore I even think of making wrongs from back then right.

Anyway, I am convinced that there is either the Akashic Chronicles or reincarnation or both.
Old 11-07-2016, 07:57 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyslaw90
So, I've never really been sure if I believe in the concept of past lives and reincarnation. I'm not particularly spiritual, and the concept, while making some sort of karmic sense, always seemed a little depressing. Being reborn and having all the people who loved gone, or in another form with no guarantee that you'll meet them again or recognize them if you do always seems frustrating and depressing to me.

Welcome to the forum MurphysLaw...

Thanks for writing about your intriguing experience...

Regarding the commentary above - I would just add that individuals perceive the concept of reincarnation and the details surrounding it in varying ways. If someone believes it to be a neverending cycle and that physical life is the only way we experience our existence - then yes, that's super depressing and makes it seem meaningless/pointless! However some people view reincarnation as a cycle that serves a higher purpose/goal and which therefore will eventually come to a end - and they allow for the possibility that we are still able (even between incarnations) to experience our existence (as multi-dimensional beings) in other planes (dimensions) of reality. From this perspective the experience of multiple incarnations would be akin to playing various characters in a role-playing game - with experiences to be explored, adventures/thrills to be had, and a larger objective to be accomplished (pertaining to the process of Consciousness evolution). You have always existed outside of and independent of the human 'game' you are participating in - so have all of the others that you know and have crossed paths with. Experiencing human life, while very challenging at times, is simply a temporary experience against the backdrop of Eternity....