Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 18-05-2016, 10:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinki
People have said the most random things to me, a guy i had just met a few hours prior said randomly "do you remember when i was bigger than you" and another dude said whatever..

since nobody knows if its possible it got me thinking, since the people i met definintely meant it like i had to answer, like i knew what they were talkin about. I mean (serious)

in the specific incident you've recited, i figure asking the guy to
clarify his thought would have been helpful.
(especially with complete strangers) random thoughts might
emerge from people... they could be triggered by altered brain
chemistry (drugs or illness).

i recall a strange incident that i had once, long ago. i entered a bus,
and a person spoke my name and then asked if i remembered them
(i didn't). i felt kinda spooked by the event and didn't inquire further.
[i have considered a past life or alternate dimensional thingee with that]
Old 18-05-2016, 11:04 PM
Deactivated Account

It's interesting to me that a person predisposed to this line of thought will assume that it's a past life thing also so good advice there H

Truth/
Compassion
/
Wisdom
Old 19-05-2016, 12:43 AM
Suspended

I have had several random strangers (people I've never met before) walk up to me in public and tell me I look so familiar to them and they usually have this confused look of their face as if they can't remember where they've seen me before...Unfortunately I didn't reciprocate/experience the feelings in return (meaning I didn't feel/sense anything familiar about them) so that makes me wonder how this soul recognition stuff works...

It could be a past life recognition on their end and I have a block on my end for some reason, or I resemble someone they know in person...Either that or I have a doppelganger running around all over creation, Hahaha! xD

Regardless, if you feel a mutual soul connection with someone whom you may have lived past lives with, the important thing is to focus on your current lifetime and don't place expectations on how the relationship in this go-round is meant to play out...All too often I've read people express how desperately they wanted to unite with a romantic interest because they believe they were romantic partners in a past life...Sometimes past life lovers unite each lifetime, sometimes not...but it can be a conundrum for individuals who have trouble letting go of their past lives and wishing to carry the same relationships with their soul connections in the current lifetime...
Old 22-05-2016, 05:04 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnia
I have had several random strangers (people I've never met before) walk up to me in public and tell me I look so familiar to them and they usually have this confused look of their face as if they can't remember where they've seen me before...Unfortunately I didn't reciprocate/experience the feelings in return (meaning I didn't feel/sense anything familiar about them) so that makes me wonder how this soul recognition stuff works...

It could be a past life recognition on their end and I have a block on my end for some reason, or I resemble someone they know in person...Either that or I have a doppelganger running around all over creation, Hahaha! xD

Regardless, if you feel a mutual soul connection with someone whom you may have lived past lives with, the important thing is to focus on your current lifetime and don't place expectations on how the relationship in this go-round is meant to play out...All too often I've read people express how desperately they wanted to unite with a romantic interest because they believe they were romantic partners in a past life...Sometimes past life lovers unite each lifetime, sometimes not...but it can be a conundrum for individuals who have trouble letting go of their past lives and wishing to carry the same relationships with their soul connections in the current lifetime...

Regarding the doppelganger thing, I feel like parallel timelines could possibly explain that: "Some timelines are so closely identical with such insignificant divergences that they pretty much blend together. Others are based on choices that are so vastly polarizing and far reaching that it’s a complete branching, and formulates a new version of yourself you could almost say." (from in2worlds.net)

But yes, I think many times, we can encounter someone who we may very well have had some sort of relationship with in a past or parallel life (or on some other plane, for all we know) -- though that doesn't necessarily mean there's a pressing need for the same sort of relationship in this life. Perhaps soul families, for instance, are more vast than we know; we may recognize someone simply because they originate from the same place, and contain the same sort of spark as we do. Or maybe they're merely on the precise same wavelength/vibration as we are at the time.

Of course, a feeling of "soul recognition" may not always mean that you knew them before-- perhaps sometimes when we feel that connection, they're not someone we're remembering, but rather, meeting for the first time-- and that feeling could be saying, "There could be something meaningful here; explore it!" Which, I think, is no less exciting than the sort of connection one feels with someone who we have had a great deal of past incarnations with.
Old 23-05-2016, 06:06 AM
Master
yea iv had dajvu thng u mit thn im mad wen i tell u ths 1 iv oftn had dajavu of pepel iv met onlin lk wev met in difrt livs wev had

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 23-05-2016, 11:02 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
Chances are pretty high that everyone important to you in this life played an important role in one of your past lives - parents, sibblings, aunts, uncles, close friends etc... IMHO whatever issues you have in these relationships, all you need to do is to reverse engineer it to figure out the likely past life (if you are curious).

I agree!

In a life-between-life session I found myself asking my Council of Wise Elders, "Who are the souls with whom I work most closely and most frequently?" and came up with a community/crowd of 89 souls who are there for me (not all on the planet/in human form at the same time).
Old 26-05-2016, 11:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
i recall a strange incident that i had once, long ago. i entered a bus,
and a person spoke my name and then asked if i remembered them
(i didn't). i felt kinda spooked by the event and didn't inquire further.
[i have considered a past life or alternate dimensional thingee with that]

How often and/or how many of you tell someone when you remember or recognize them from a past life,etc.?

For me, it depends on how close I am with them and/or how open I think that they may be to it. I wouldn't want to make anyone feel uncomfortable or get "spooked". I'm not saying that that is right or wrong. I think that it is your choice.
I (personally) try to gauge how they might react and most of the time I just let it go and assume that if they were meant to know or remember me that they would and leave it at that, and appreciate the fact that we got to bump into each other again and that I remembered. Although, I will admit that at first it can be a real bummer when they don't! lol Its like running into a close friend or family member that you haven't seen in awhile and being excited to say hello but they have amnesia and don't remember you at all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKdcjJoXeEY
Old 31-05-2016, 01:12 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinki
People have said the most random things to me, a guy i had just met a few hours prior said randomly "do you remember when i was bigger than you" and another dude said whatever..

since nobody knows if its possible it got me thinking, since the people i met definintely meant it like i had to answer, like i knew what they were talkin about. I mean (serious)

Hi Kinki, I just happen to see your post today and it reminded me of the day that I met my twin flame. I didn't know he was my twin flame, and at that time in my life, I didn't even know of or what is a twin flame.

Anyways, we met and it was like instantly meeting my best friend and lover all at once. It was such a strange, disorienting feeling because I tend to be rational and logical. At that time in my life, I really didn't believe true love existed.

So, after spending several hours with this person, feeling unusually close and open to basically a stranger, we went to say good night for the evening. I felt compelled to hug him. When I hugged him, the following words popped out of my mouth: "What are we going to do?"

I was so shocked that those words came out of my mouth! I didn't know or understand why I would say such a thing.

I never asked him what he thought when I said that, as I was just too embarassed about it.

It wasn't until several years later, when we reconnected and I had had a past life regression, that I was shown that he and I were lovers in a previous life in England (1700's) and he was forced to marry a woman he didn't know. We were both upset about the arranged marriage, but couldn't do anything about it.

So, I totally get what you are talking about. Maybe spirit is letting you know that you are more connected to others than you realize?

Hope is praying for rain; Faith is bringing an umbrella
Old 31-05-2016, 02:49 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivia13
How often and/or how many of you tell someone when you remember or recognize them from a past life,etc.?

For me, it depends on how close I am with them and/or how open I think that they may be to it. I wouldn't want to make anyone feel uncomfortable or get "spooked". I'm not saying that that is right or wrong. I think that it is your choice.
I (personally) try to gauge how they might react and most of the time I just let it go and assume that if they were meant to know or remember me that they would and leave it at that, and appreciate the fact that we got to bump into each other again and that I remembered. Although, I will admit that at first it can be a real bummer when they don't! lol Its like running into a close friend or family member that you haven't seen in awhile and being excited to say hello but they have amnesia and don't remember you at all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKdcjJoXeEY

Oh, hmm good question -- if I feel what I suspect to be a past life connection with someone, I mostly keep it to myself, unless we happen to become friends. Because A.) I'm already viewed as kooky enough without the past life talk and B.) How could a person reply to such a thing, if someone tells them "I feel I've had a past life with you"? There's not much the other could say, and it would likely be awkward for them. Simply because not everyone believes in past lives. However it is nice when it seems as though the feeling of connection is mutual. (And there are ways to sort of indirectly gauge whether that's the case)