Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 14-08-2006, 07:09 PM
dreamer

I wonder if it's fear rather than madness that is the problem?

www.thesecret.tv - have you seen the secret yet? it's worth knowing the secret.
Old 15-08-2006, 01:35 AM
BLAIR2BE

I Have To Agree With Many Of You Here. For Me, Some Of The Drugs I Have Done, Opened Doors In My Mind That I Never Knew Were There. But, I Became Vulnerable To Dark Energies. The Outcome Of Drug Use Has Caused Some Confusion In My Current Path - Has Caused More Turbulance Than I Wouldve Experienced Otherwise. Someone Commented On Using Ecstacy And Acid At The Same Time: For This I Must Say (i Have Done This Personally) The Affect Is More Like Magic Than Enlightenment. Lsd (and Her Natural Counterparts) have Caused Me To "evaporate" From My Body- but Any Drugs Today Are Potentially Very Dangerous (as Anyone Experienced Can Tell You). If One must Use Psychedelics, An Experinced And Wise Guide Should Be Used (start To Finish)- And That Guide Will Likely Urge The User To Only Use A Very Few Times To Achieve A defined Goal. This Are Only My Humble Opinions, But I Do Have Thorough Experience.
Old 15-08-2006, 01:20 PM
dreamer

Its funny that people who worry about the effects of drugs are the ones who struggle with the effects of drugs.
Old 15-08-2006, 03:51 PM
e-ma

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer
www.thesecret.tv - have you seen the secret yet? it's worth knowing the secret.

I haven't seen the film yet. Can I be so bold as to ask what the secret is?
Old 15-08-2006, 04:21 PM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer
Its funny that people who worry about the effects of drugs are the ones who struggle with the effects of drugs.

The ones who don't worry about the effects of drugs are the ones who don't know the drugs are having effects on them.
Old 15-08-2006, 04:42 PM
dreamer

Hi Lonely traveller,

The secret is the law of attraction, like attracts like. The way you are thinking and feeling right now is emitting an energy and that energy is drawing experiences of the same frequency into your everyday experience. Get your internal energy in harmony with the experiences you would like and life is enjoyable. The universe you experience outside is a mirror for the universe you experience inside. Imagine things you want to happen and be grateful for the good things in your life and focus your mind on this and things change quickly.

I'd really recommend the film, you cannot help to get something very positive from it.
Old 16-08-2006, 06:01 PM
e-ma

That sounds cool, dreamer. I guess that with any new understanding, it is one thing to just hear about it and say 'oh yeah, that's good advice', and then quite another to actually incorporate it into your psyche and act on it, 24/7. Not wanting to take the thread too off-topic, but have you managed to 'realize' it, and incorporate it into your life? Has it worked?

Kundalini - I agree with what you say. Incidentally, I have been reading up a lot about psychedelics and kundalini over the last few days. There's a lot of information around that suggests that the after-effects of psychedelics very closely mimic that of a kundalini awakening. I'm not sure if I mentioned it before, but I thought I had had a kundalini awakening all that time, when actually it was just a drug-induced disorder. Absolutely amazing, no?!
Old 16-08-2006, 07:17 PM
dreamer

It definately works, but it takes discipline to remain focused on what you really want. Doubts are hard to overcome but persistence pays off and things become easier the more you focus. The best thing is it means you have total control over your life, total responsibility too. If someone offends you - you have to take responsibility for bringing that into your life - that person is a manifestation of what you are saying to yourself internally, cool huh? Its the three gunas talked about in hindu literature.
Old 17-08-2006, 06:01 AM
e-ma

That really is cool, thanks.

One thing that I tend to do now is weigh Eastern Philosophies against Western ideas. I guess it just gives me a bit more of a balance. I only do this because at one time, I was very heavily into the Eastern ideas and it threw me a bit off balance. I was living completely 'in the now', 'mining the moment' as AZCowGirl would say.. and in the end it alienated me from my friends and family.. because nobody really understood what I was doing or why. When others were having a conversation say about a holiday that was coming up, or about what they had planned for the week ahead.. I couldn't respond with the same verve, because all that mattered was 'now'.. it became difficult to flow with a normal conversation.

What I would (personally) consider when thinking about this manifestation idea is that in Western cultures, the total-acceptance of responsibility is also called neurosis, i.e - the neurotic takes on board too much responsibility. So, before taking on board this idea, I would bear this in mind and consider how it might affect my life and thinking if I switch to this mindset.

That said, absolutely nothing wrong with creating a positive inner-state and drawing positivity towards you - with that I completely agree.
Old 17-08-2006, 10:58 AM
dreamer

Hey Lonely traveller,

I wonder if living in the moment is more to do with being fully present and enjoying life as it is. When you realise that everything is brought into your experience by your own mind it becomes important to fully engage with and enjoy those fruits if your thinking (i.e. friends). I wonder if you wre thinking "I need to live in this moment" whilst at a deeper level your SELF was calling out for some light relief with your friends. Your SELF just wants to feel good, do what makes you feel good and your SELF will propagate this feeling by bringing along good things into your life - no effort involved because when you are enjoying something it is effortless (wu wei wu).

As for neurosis, people are only neurotic when they try to control things they believe they don't have control over....BUT by controling your thoughts and feelings you have control over your future script. Its ridiculuos to try and control the outside world, the outside world is the mirror of your soul and when was the last time you got angry at your reflection for not smiling... you need to smile yourself for your reflection to smile back at you.
Closed Thread