Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 30-05-2011, 09:54 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prokopton
One couldn't call any god just an experience -- not if you want to define the word as it's used round the world. From the beginning of association with gods, they have had to do stuff, indeed it's their ability to do stuff that grants them status within the tribe.
And, if you don't 'experience' what they 'do', there are no 'Gods'..

Be well..

Last edited by TzuJanLi : 31-05-2011 at 12:13 AM.
Old 30-05-2011, 10:08 PM
Prokopton

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
And, if you don'r 'experience' what they 'do', there are no 'Gods'

Oh sure, we wouldn't be aware of anything unless we experienced it. I just meant, the kind of 'realization experience' you spoke of was not the only kind for which gods were famous.

Not that it's a huge point, but historically, uptake of deities has depended on their capacity for healing, prognostication and other prayer-answering or offering-answering duties. Jehovah or Jesus being no exception. You find just as many testimonies to the healing power of Asclepius as to that of the Virgin at Lourdes. (Indeed the newer healing places often are in the same sites as older ones.)

Sometimes there is a necessity to prove the power of gods or systems by having them duke it out with each other, especially when one of the religions claims exclusive truth -- eg. Elijah vs. the prophets of Baal or Saint Patrick vs. the Druids.

A nice example of a mindset we don't currently have (most of us anyhow) is the fact that the citizens of Ancient Thurii in Sicily made a temple to Boreas, god of the north wind, because that wind defended them from an invading fleet by blowing it off-course! The help of gods has historically often been extremely practical in nature. :)
Old 30-05-2011, 10:12 PM
Experiencer

Firstly: Ask yourself if you do really WANT to know what God is. Or do you only want to discuss mental images of God, that you can make up in your mind? The ego - who deals with these images only - can never define God. God can be proven to you only through your own experience:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prHXZsx9DE4
Old 31-05-2011, 12:31 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry J
Firstly: Ask yourself if you do really WANT to know what God is. Or do you only want to discuss mental images of God, that you can make up in your mind? The ego - who deals with these images only - can never define God. God can be proven to you only through your own experience:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prHXZsx9DE4
Hi Perry: You choose to frame your post in the same assumptions and stipulations as the video you link.. there are way too many unfounded assumptions and redefinitions of common language for the video to represent a valid perspective. In fact, the concept of 'ego' is as meaningless as the 'word' God, this thread is evidence of the misunderstandings and variable 'experiences' of 'God'..

Be well..
Old 31-05-2011, 03:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova
I do not know how to start with this. Different persons, different religions have different versions of God. We do not know whose version is correct and whose incorrect. God as I have learned as a child was a four handed deity or a multi-handed goddess or something formless, nameless and beyond description. God is not an image or God is just awareness. God is not an entity and there is no personality.
I do not know different persons will have to say differently. I am just waiting for your description of God thought God is indescribable according to some culture.

I define God simply as that which is Source, or Cause. Whatever caused all of this is God. Anything else is some aspect of God. I don't really see it as a him/her or even really an it for that matter.....I guess ALL would be another good word for God.
Old 31-05-2011, 04:02 AM
Master
I moonlight as God.
Old 31-05-2011, 04:27 AM
mattie

Anthropomorphizing God

It is a holdover from organized religion which tries to convince us of our inferiority that we can’t fully comprehend God. Some may feel there is a barrier about this, but others don't.

We anthropomorphized god for many centuries. It is reasonable that ancient humans did this 1000s of years ago to help them understand these energies. Ancient humans also thought lightning was thunderbolts thrown at them by an angry deity. Few now have this view of lightning, but we continue to give human characteristics to the energy we call god much as we did 1000s of years ago.

Anthropomorphizing god & other high level energies that are nonphysical such as the planet (9D) leads us to have a distorted view of them. When we apply these human characteristics to these energies we can mistakenly give them human emotions & characteristics that simply aren’t applicable to energies of their level. This skews our understanding of these energies.

More modern views of the energy we call god have moved past it being a male w/ long flowing white hair & beard in a white robe. In reaction to the domination of spirituality by the church over the last 2000+ years by males, some have chosen to use a female designation for god, but this is really no more correct energetically than using the male designation. We begin to merge our female/male energies in 5D. Long before we get to the 12D god level these energies are fully merged, so even calling god he/she is misleading. It is entirely OK to call god IT.

Contemporary terms for god such as source, prime creator, or the Universe have shown a shift away from this anthropomorphizing of god. As we expand our consciousness, moving into progressively higher Ds, we increasingly have a broader perspective as we unify w/ other surrounding energies.

“In the ninth dimension there is no sense of individuality, and you live primarily as pure consciousness. However, if your greatly expanded consciousness desires to have a physical experience, nothing less than an entire planet can serve as your ‘body’. In the tenth dimension your group consciousness has so expanded that only an entire ‘solar system’ can serve as your physical body. By the eleventh dimension your group consciousness has so expanded that only an entire Galaxy can serve as your ‘body,’ and by the twelfth dimension you have returned to Source and are in Unity Consciousness with the physical form of your Local Universe.”
3D-12D Progression & 7D Oversoul Dynamics- http://lightworkers.org/forum/65499/...rsoul-dynamics

It is very likely that the energy we call source/god/prime creator or the Universe is actually the compilation of ALL energies that are presently at this 12D point rather than a single deity. This is a unified presence rather than a singular separate deity. It is neither male or female, human or ET. It is all beings & energies.

When we are at the 12D level we can opt to do the creation process again w/ a complete reorganization of our energies down to the most basic components or elements to create another universe. This reorganization journey could be written w/ something such as 12D.3.6.2 This would show that we’ve reunited w/ 12D 2 times & are currently going through the 3rd journey & are presently in the 6th dimension, 2nd subplane of this journey. We do this again & again for eternity. ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞ ∞
Old 31-05-2011, 04:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova
I do not know how to start with this. Different persons, different religions have different versions of God. We do not know whose version is correct and whose incorrect. God as I have learned as a child was a four handed deity or a multi-handed goddess or something formless, nameless and beyond description. God is not an image or God is just awareness. God is not an entity and there is no personality.
I do not know different persons will have to say differently. I am just waiting for your description of God thought God is indescribable according to some culture.
everything is God.
don`t ask about God
Just say
there is God
and you will find the answer
Old 31-05-2011, 05:11 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

If you will simply treat Life as God, and God as Life.. all will resolve and reveal itself. Hold the same sacred awareness for Life as for 'God', and all will resolve and reveal itself.. this simple awareness is all that is needed to live Life well. The rest is speculation, look at the many differences of understandings, so.. just live so that Life is God, and God is Life.. it is very easy to understand.

Be well..
Old 31-05-2011, 05:48 AM
Experiencer
Thou Art God!

Love and Light