Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Indigo, Crystal, & Star Children

Old 19-08-2016, 09:56 PM
Pathfinder
Cool Indigos & The Workplace

Hi All,

I discovered over a year ago that I was an indigo child (and now an indigo adult) and I'm starting to realize I struggle (A LOT!) in the workplace. I cannot bring myself to conform to useless rules, listen to incompetent management--I end up bossing them around. Ooppss!--and I tend to always do my own thing.

For example, if I'm working on a project I will intentionally skip "mandatory (useless) meetings" and, apparently, that's a problem with management. Lol. Also, I feel like the odd-woman-out because most of my co-workers blindy do what they're told and I'm always left thinking, "Why in the world would you do that!? I'm not doing that!!"

I dunno... It's hard to explain, but I was wondering if any other Indigos feel the same way in the workplace? If so, how do you handle it?
Old 19-08-2016, 10:06 PM
Pathfinder
I'm bringing this up b/c I've had quite a few jobs and I either quit after a year or get "let go" after a year. I've been "let go" twice and I'm thinking I'm about to get let go again.

That said, it's never b/c I'm not a good worker... I think it's more so b/c I rarely get along with management; if I followed their rules they'd love me--I'm always told I'm an excellent worker--but as soon as they realize I will not listen to them, I'm automatically on their s&$t list. Lol. My work ethic doesn't / hasn't changed, ever. I arrive early and stay late and I know what I'm good at so those are the only jobs I apply for and get... I just do not follow useless rules and I tend to end up in a "power struggle" b/c management never wants to adopt the rules / ideas I present to them as being more efficient. (I also tend to "recruit" people to join my non-conforming ways and that tends to make management even angrier :) )
Old 19-08-2016, 11:29 PM
Deactivated Account
I'm also a non-conformist who does not like having to follow other peoples' rules & directives - especially when you know there's a better or more effective/efficient way to do things and sense that you are perceiving the situation/circumstances more clearly than those you are insubordinate to... Feels suffocating and disempowering to have to just go along with the way that things are handled and being done by the 'system' that's in place. I was always one to speak up and speak my mind - to notify upper-management of issues I would identify in our operations, to express concerns, and to make suggestions/recommendations to improve operations and the way that things are done.... Turns out some people in positions of authority do not appreciate that, lol...

Anyhow, I don't have any specific advice for you... Just wanted to express that I know where you're coming from...
Old 20-08-2016, 10:35 PM
Master

Yeh... my ** detector is usually quite strong.

My current job is very unstructured which can be good and bad at times.

The job I am going into will be alot more strucured than I am used to.
It will be interesting to see how I go seems I have lived fairly unstructured most of my life.

I also arrive to work early and leave on time but, like you am frustrated by OVER structured workplaces as they can restrict change.
One thing I seem to adapt well to is change when its benifits positive outcomes for myself and society.
Old 21-08-2016, 06:18 PM
Suspended
Guide
corporations are not an indigo's friend it seems
Old 22-08-2016, 12:32 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLynx
Hi All,

I discovered over a year ago that I was an indigo child (and now an indigo adult) and I'm starting to realize I struggle (A LOT!) in the workplace. I cannot bring myself to conform to useless rules, listen to incompetent management--I end up bossing them around. Ooppss!--and I tend to always do my own thing.

For example, if I'm working on a project I will intentionally skip "mandatory (useless) meetings" and, apparently, that's a problem with management. Lol. Also, I feel like the odd-woman-out because most of my co-workers blindy do what they're told and I'm always left thinking, "Why in the world would you do that!? I'm not doing that!!"

I dunno... It's hard to explain, but I was wondering if any other Indigos feel the same way in the workplace? If so, how do you handle it?

Wwwwowww can't believe it, I came to this section looking for this specific question and booooom, spot on!!

So glad to know I am not the only one struggling and unhappy in workplaces! I'd like to work with something meaningful, important, making others feel better and helping them, caring about good and important causes, nature, animals, poverty, spirituality, not for stupid companies that are only interested in exploring you and make money out of you! :/

Plus that is the truth, my managers and even directors are so dumb, I see stupid things going on in this company daily, it is SO CLEAR something is gonna get wrong and then after a couple of months/weeks guess what... I was right! They finally spot the problem and most of the times I am the one fixing the mess!!!!
For me it is so clear they are dumb and do not know how to make things AT ALL that is really hard for me to work with people like this.
Old 22-08-2016, 02:48 PM
Guide
You just gotta accept that thats the way things are. The way I look at it is this, without structure nothing would be completed. This world would be a mess. Even I find myself slipping at times when I lack discipline. So yeah, a little conformity isnt a bad thing.

I have a good job that allows me to work, as well as write on the side because I'm a writer. I answer calls, and when the phone are dead I work on my stories. It awesome. But not every job I've had has granted me so much freedom.
Old 23-08-2016, 09:52 PM
Pathfinder
I've decided I'm going to change career fields... To what? Hmph. I'm not sure. All I know is it needs to allow for a lot of alone time. Lol. I need an office job where I can work in my office for 8+ hours and not (constantly) be bothered. Most of my jobs have been in fields that require A LOT of people interaction--which comes with bureaucracy, red tape, and useless rules (e.g. teaching and the healthcare field / hospital work)--so it's time for me to move to a field that'll give me a little peace.
Old 23-08-2016, 11:10 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLynx
I've decided I'm going to change career fields... To what? Hmph. I'm not sure. All I know is it needs to allow for a lot of alone time. Lol. I need an office job where I can work in my office for 8+ hours and not (constantly) be bothered. Most of my jobs have been in fields that require A LOT of people interaction--which comes with bureaucracy, red tape, and useless rules (e.g. teaching and the healthcare field / hospital work)--so it's time for me to move to a field that'll give me a little peace.

I feel you!! I decided changing my career path as well but for now I can't (I've got no savings at all :/) so I will just change companies and see if I feel better. I kind of know the answer already.... I would love to run my own business, like a bakery or something.
Old 01-09-2016, 07:22 AM
Lorelyen

It's easy to understand how rules and procedures creep in. When you get a lot of people working toward an allegedly common aim control is needed. When you sign up with a corporation or any sort of business owned by someone else you are agreeing to accept their organisational rules some of which are regulated by law.

I too got fed up with it. So I went freelance. Now, what I get out of my labours is mostly down to me. I still have to work to deadlines and within budget however. And there are still rules and procedures like having to keep financial records and filling in the b------ tax return although I get help from home with that. Still a nuisance.

One has to ask oneself - what is work for? There are several answers.