Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Poetry

Old 19-03-2016, 02:25 AM
Experiencer
I Dreamed of Death

For a little humor on the topic, ever wonder why you couldn’t ‘Will’ yourself to death when the going was just so painful you wanted to die?

I Dreamed of Death

Death came to my door
So I bid him come in
and I bared both my neck
and my breast there to him

Oh, take me! I’m ready!
You’ll find my neck tough
from the burdens it bears
and a life that’s been rough.

Help yourself to my heart!
It is quite empty though
It was punctured and drained
since a long time ago.

Death looked in his book then
He checked my address
‘Great Heavens!’ exclaimed
‘Vision’s slipping, I guess!’

‘I have the wrong address
Never did that before.’
Then he turned on his heel
and walked back out the door.

‘Come back here you piker!
Let me check your book!’
So he handed it over
and I took a long look.

‘This one is not ready
Needs more of love’s labors.
Just needs to ‘Buck Up’ some!
Then Death strolled to the neighbor’s.

11/29/2000
Old 19-03-2016, 03:31 AM
Master
Love it! :)..I can relate through a similar experience that eventually took me to view it through my "light -heart -ed" approach, which for me was something that was deeply cloaked in all consuming fire that continued to burn me over and over, prior to that point of no return...to live, not to die.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 19-03-2016, 03:45 AM
Master
I found this and thought you might enjoy too..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtdRybsdQaw

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 19-03-2016, 03:55 AM
Master
The will to die
The will to live
Where two choices become one
Both calling to face one or the other
As one through the will of thy own
Through the will of the one
Where choice no longer prevails.

Old 19-03-2016, 05:40 PM
Experiencer

Thanks! The video was sweet, sad, lonely... and reminded me of my old teddy bear, Connie. If she arrived in the mail, I'd be taking her to karaoke, poetry readings and to meet the gang at the American Legion to celebrate with a beer.
Old 19-03-2016, 11:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbara
Thanks! The video was sweet, sad, lonely... and reminded me of my old teddy bear, Connie. If she arrived in the mail, I'd be taking her to karaoke, poetry readings and to meet the gang at the American Legion to celebrate with a beer.

Awesome, a new life for a old teddy bear..:)

Old 22-03-2016, 11:50 PM
Ascender
I liked that a lot, there is a comical whimsical aspect to that piece
Old 23-03-2016, 12:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbara

Coming back to this. I posted this video on the same day as I posted here for you in another place. Where they asked the question to the group.

What does elegance mean to you.

I posted this video

I noticed throughout the thread one lady shared her own feelings as it being sweet sad, lonely and sentimental. She couldn't see how I saw it as elegant at all..so she posed all these questions to me why I thought it was elegant, what part of it I thought was elegant, and so on and on she went.

Then of course someone came in before me and answered the questions she posed at me and said. All of that!

He was right in some regard.

It was the whole video that felt elegant to me in everyway of it. So I didn't really see it or feel it as sad, lonely or sweet..just elegant.

And then I remembered you and thought I want to share this here with you.

It is funny I found two people with the same feelings about it...I just realized this today..lol.

Old 23-03-2016, 11:03 AM
Knower
Oh yes! I know that feeling...

In fact I notice it quite a lot, and have stopped judging it so harshly.
Maybe it is simply a natural effect of a) being humanly knackered! and b) being closer and closer to higher reality... I can feel as I age that physically, the earth is 'calling me back to herself' ( helps me to accept the droopy bits of my body!) just as energetically, the Universe pulls me up and is expanding me back to itself... and this then is the feeling of wanting to die.. pretty cool actually.

And am not meaning to be po-faced with my ideas and detract from the poem which was really funny and made me smile, a lot!

BW's
Old 24-03-2016, 03:41 AM
Experiencer
Ah, naturesflow, how sweet. I wanted to know why you chose elegant as a descriptive, so I looked it up:

elegant
Stylish, graceful and beautiful without being trashy or common. Someone who is poised and mature who carries themselves with an air of confidence and sophistication. Another site used the word, simplistic grace.

Thus I agree with you that he video displayed elegance. It simply struck a spot of nostalgia in me that made me feel lonely in the end. I miss my family, my youth... well no, not that. I miss the assurance of youth thinking I'm gonna be here forever and that I can always reach out and touch my loved ones physically; that I will be able to continue this very interesting journey, becoming me.

Brokenwings, I also hear the earth 'calling me back to herself,' and feel excitement. But I stamp my foot and say "Not yet!" I'm sassy like that. I will return. I've things to refine, spiritual graces. I still contain anger aplenty, unexpressed in this life. I didn't dare!

I did think the poem was funny as it fell out of my head onto paper. I often illustrate the page for my poems and I had Death whining at Siri for his error.
Thank you so much. I enjoy hearing how others perceive my stuff.