Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 27-11-2010, 10:25 PM
Master
well for one thing some people are tired of living in this world so they know it's their time and so they don't come back. For another thing sometimes the body is too old or mutilated or sick to come back so they don't. My grandmother died and came back and she didn't want to come back but God told her she had to as she had to look after her child....she told me she didn't want to come back but God made her and said it wasn't her time. If it's your soul's time to leave the earth then it's your time to leave the earth.
Spiritlite.
Old 28-11-2010, 01:49 AM
SandybytheSea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostgirl
Ive met lots of people who have had a NDE and all have said how glad they are to be alive.

Glad to be alive. Yes. Most people - if they don't have to return to a traumatised body - come back saying they're glad to be alive. But being glad to be alive, and wanting to stay on the other side, are 2 different things entirely. NDE'ers have absolutely no fear of death, actually look forward to it, but they also understand that they returned for a reason and must accomplish their mission before they get to go "home" again. They're glad to be alive because they now see things much clearer, they appreciate things they never noticed before, they gain more wisdom, more serenity, recognise that physical life is just an experience they need.

Have you really met "many people who have had an NDE", Lostgirl? You're lucky. Perhaps you work in nursing or hospice. Most who have NDE's don't talk about them (except to very close friends and family, understanding nurses, or professional researchers) because they fear being laughed at. Perhaps your experiences are different for some reason, but I can assure you that the overwhelming majority of NDE'ers have NOT wanted to return, not because they don't love life, but because they discover they love the other side even more. No pain, sickness, restrictions, trauma, or judgement, all of which we face every day of our lives in some form in the physical.

When you say that for some, death isn't a pleasant experience, you're talking about the POINT of death, but did you know that when death is painful the REAL person actually leaves their body prior to passing? Those who have had painful NDE's have reported this time and again, so that even though they appear conscious and in pain, the real person is standing aside watching the process.

But we're not talking about the point of death here, we're talking about where they go and what they experience AFTER that moment. That's where they want to stay, because suddenly life and earth and physical bodies seem a long way away and of very little importance. They even watch their bodies suffering and feel little or no compassion for the person they see, even though it's them, because they feel disconnected from it and all earthly concerns and become aware that their body was just like an old overcoat that passed its use-by date.

Lostgirl, the afterlife is not about floating around on a cloud playing a harp and being serene. It's a busy place, with lots of living and learning to do but without the problems we have here. That's why very few want to return, regardless of their age, because they have seen .... heaven!
Old 28-11-2010, 02:19 AM
Master
Yes my grandmoter after her coming back to life, said although heaven was beautiful, full of flowers, and colors we've never seen, and you speak to God and she said the feeling of love is so overwhelming, she is NOT scared of death and when I asked her as a child what death was like she told me "Shelly never be scared of dying, never"
Spiritlite.
Old 28-11-2010, 06:39 AM
paper100

Hi all

Ok, if you read this: http://www.near-death.com/forum/nde/000/45.html

Apparently the incident took place for "7 seven days since his death on Earth", and his body was "filled with maggots".

This sounds amazing, as he was not in his body for 7 days. What do you guys think of this account? Real? Fake?

Also, if there is such a thing as the silver chord and if the silver chord is severed, why can't it be fixed again? What is stopping the silver chord from being reconnected to the body?
Old 28-11-2010, 08:26 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by paper100
Hi all

Apparently the incident took place for "7 seven days since his death on Earth", and his body was "filled with maggots".

This sounds amazing, as he was not in his body for 7 days. What do you guys think of this account? Real? Fake?

Also, if there is such a thing as the silver chord and if the silver chord is severed, why can't it be fixed again? What is stopping the silver chord from being reconnected to the body?

Whether to go with such accounts is up to you - if they appeal to you then go with 'em. But they're as fake as the guy a few months back who was reported as having had nothing to drink for 40 days or some such thing.... Or the group of nutty individuals a few years back who claimed they had cloned a human baby but couldn't provide any evidence.... You can believe such unsupported claims as much as you want.

To understand the so-called silver cord, however, you have also to understand something about the way our body and its animating spirit work together. The reason that the silver cord can not be repaired is that it's not a physical tether - as an umbilical cord is - but a 'spiritual' one. Both the spirit and its attachment belong to the Etheric dimension and they can not be impacted by physical processes - they don't ever need repair and hence they can't be 'repaired'.

There's no fixing the cord because there's no reason to. Put simply, the severing of the link between spirit and body occurs at the time which is right - at the time that our stay in-the-body is over.

It's the right time for the spirit to withdraw from its physical overcoat and as it does, the silver cord is released. The spirit returns to the dimension that both precedes and follows physical death.

And that's why the dead can't come back to life....
Old 28-11-2010, 11:03 AM
SandybytheSea

Very well said, Mac.
Old 28-11-2010, 12:34 PM
Stormweaver

Quote:
Hi all

Hi Paper 100

I have to say I strongly believe that, that story is fake as well.
I just read a few lines and am convinced that its fake without needing to read it all.

_/\_
Old 28-11-2010, 12:44 PM
whiteride

Quote:
Hi all

I would like to ask what may seem to be a rather simple question.

From some of the Near Death Experiences I have read, it seems that some people were well and truly dead for a few days, yet they returned to life. If they can return to life, and if it is true that spirit gives lifeless matter life, why cant we see many people coming back to life after they had died?

Why do we not see it rain every day?
Old 28-11-2010, 07:29 PM
Lostgirl

Quote:
Have you really met "many people who have had an NDE", Lostgirl? You're lucky. Perhaps you work in nursing or hospice.

Im a nurse and i wouldnt say meeting these people is lucky! Its hard and its upsetting. Everyone i have met have been greatful to return to their body no matter what they have seen.

Quote:
Lostgirl, the afterlife is not about floating around on a cloud playing a harp and being serene. It's a busy place, with lots of living and learning to do but without the problems we have here. That's why very few want to return, regardless of their age, because they have seen .... heaven!

I never said thats what the afterlife was. And thats all well and good as long as the person dying or having the NDE believes this. Everyone has different beliefs, some people think that heaven is sitting on a cloud floating around - and who is to say they are wrong?! Each to their own! And what about the ones who have said it was dark, and there was nothing?! Because i have had a patient who said there was nothing and that scared them so much they were afraid to die.

Im not saying that you are wrong because this comes down to beliefes and everyones beliefes are different - just like i believe something different from you. I am merely saying that the situation is not the same for everyone. Everyone has different beliefs about what the "afterlife" holds. Many people believe in reincarnation. Not everyone will go to the same place as they all have different beliefs. Some people might go to a meadow, others the beach with the calm waves - or whatever their view of heaven is. Others who dont believe in heaven will go to or do whatever their belifes state will happen. If they think its just darkness then maybe there is darkness. Like i said all the people i have met have all been happy to be alive and none have wanted to die because they have just seen heaven. For me i like the idea of reincarnation, reaping what we soe. I dont think we die and go off to some plane..... But like i said, each to their own.
Old 28-11-2010, 07:34 PM
Lostgirl

Quote:
Hi all

I read the story and again im sorry i dont believe it. I would love to but medically its impossible! Even if his soul was put back into his body, it wouldnt be able to function if he had actually been dead. I think he was a man in an awful lot of pain and who was unaware of what was going on around.