Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 24-06-2011, 01:00 AM
Master
See Silver agrees with me, I'm telling you I would buy those those photos blown up and put them on my wall.
Spiritlite.
Old 24-06-2011, 09:20 AM
Knower
Just a question on "crystal modification" then....

If dying agate etc. is wrong & we shouldn't buy it, is buying a carved crystal cruel then? Like pyramids, spheres, eggs etc.

I have a large natural smokey quartz my husband wants to have turned into a sphere and I said no because it doesn't "feel" right to change it.

But what about all my other crystals that I have that have already been cut & polished?!?
Old 24-06-2011, 09:25 AM
Knower
Oh & Dawn I really enjoyed your stories! Joshua is most awesome!! That geode is stylin!!!
Old 24-06-2011, 11:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabes

If dying agate etc. is wrong & we shouldn't buy it, is buying a carved crystal cruel then? Like pyramids, spheres, eggs etc.

I have a large natural smokey quartz my husband wants to have turned into a sphere and I said no because it doesn't "feel" right to change it.

But what about all my other crystals that I have that have already been cut & polished?!?

I think you're feelings are right about it, Gabe. I mean, if he wants a sphere of smokey quartz, he could just get one from any crystal place online or otherwise, that have already had that done. Crystalarium.com is one place I know of, I mean, I got a pound of tumbled carnelian, but all stones have their place. If that raw smokey feels right to you, you should claim it and maybe get him a sphere for Christmas or something, lol.

Old 24-06-2011, 11:58 AM
Sungirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabes

this is one of the questions I am not so sure about...

One opionion I read was that raw, crystaline stones should be left in their natural state, so a quartz point or apophylite pyramide should be left natural . However massive stone that has no crystaline structure is more ameanable to being carved. So agate or rose quartz would be fine.

Like I say tho, this is just an opinion. It makes sense to me, but may not resonate with others.

Another way to look at it would be the intent while it is being carved. If it is in a machine being churned out with hundreds the same then that would not be so good. But if it was a craftsman, in tune with the stone, lovingly expressing it's essence then that would be amazing. Kinda like the difference between a chair leg and a beautifully carved green man, both are made out of wood, but one has been made by listening to the wood.

I agree with Silver, get a smoky sphere rather than change yours. I'm sure it would work out cheaper if nothing more.
Old 24-06-2011, 11:59 AM
Dawn

*^_^* Thanks Spiritlite.
I did sit down and talk with Joshua about this last night (though it took me a while to quiet my thoughts enough to do so properly), and lol he's totally game for it. Plus, I felt one of my crystals and stones chime in, wanting to be included if I decide to do this.
(I've already gotten an idea for 3 pictures thanks to them since I woke up this morning lol)

I'm not sure how I'd go about offering the pictures for sale though. I do have a Deviantart account (been a member there for years), but I don't really know about the whole selling / buying side of the side.
If you know of any better places (or, Spiritlite, if you just want, you can get a copy of my picture to print out at Wal-mart or Staples or somewhere) just let me know.

Gabes, lol thanks for chiming in! ^_^ Glad to hear you're enjoying what I've shared and the pictures of Joshua.

>That geode is stylin!!!
lol You should see the mental image I got at that. Mini black leather jacket on Joshua, sleek sunglasses, looking all stylin' with a dramatic sunset going on behind him.

About your question on "crystal modification", Silvergirl, Tilia, sounds like you two have it right on the nose.

(since I already wrote all this out, may as well keep it here) From what I've read, a great deal of the time (though, like with my rose quartz not all of the time) it's the stone or crystal themself gives out the vibe of wanting to have their physical form altered to better suit how they handle and work with energies. Or, from what I sense, to better help the people who look at them connect with the properties they have chosen to represent, or that the specified shape actually helps better focus and fine-tune the energy brought through the stone or crystal form. Like heart-shaped rose quartz for example, or quartz in a merkaba shape, maybe even a black tourmaline or onyx obilisk to help ground the energies of a home or workplace.
Some specifically want their form to be reshaped, others want to be left alone in their natural state (which, more times than not, the latter is what I find myself attracted to). Like with us, it all comes down to what the inidividual wants. You can't simply pile everyone into one cagetory and call it 'good enough'. It just doesn't work that way.

I went to a dig site back in November of '03 and brought home a bunch of quartz crystals. Some time later I happened to meet a guy who was a stone cutter. I honestly had no intention of altering any of those crystals in any way (aside from wire wrapping the ones who told me to do so), but a small handful of the crystals (even a palm-sized one with a terminated point) nudged me to be sent to him to be reshapen. It wasn't my idea or intention of having anything done to any of those crystals, but that's what I felt nudged to do and, after a while, I sent them to him.
You know, this reminds me of a small milky quartz sphere I bought from Ebay a while back because I kept getting nuged to get one. After spending a LOT of time grounding in soil and recharging herself, whenever she was set out anywhere or handled, she was sending out this light, soft energy in every direction.

I suppose it's like with anything, some will want to have their form changed, some won't and will really want to be left alone in their natural state.
However, if Joshua and Rose are any examples, altering, dying, crackling, etc only does more harm than good.

I do agree. If you feel that 'doesn't feel right to alter it' vibe, listen to it.

>But what about all my other crystals that I have that have already been
>cut & polished?!?
Sit down and spend a bit of time with them about this. Let them tell you how they feel about it. Sure they've already been cut and polished and that can't be undone just like Joshua's dyeing job, but, like with Joshua and Rose, sometimes just taking the time out with them to 'just be' and 'bond' can make them feel better.
Like with what Tilia said earlier, "Altered stones often need more care than natural ones." So, if they do need more care and want to be clingy and huggy like Joshua here, or simply need some TLC and support to feel better, just take the time out for them. It'll benefit both of you.
Old 25-06-2011, 09:54 AM
Knower
Thanks so much everyone!!! I'm definitely telling him to leave that quartz alone!!

We have a wholesale crystal store 5 mins from my house so I will send him in to get a new crystal of his own!
Old 25-06-2011, 11:20 AM
Dawn

Gabes, oh my gosh you are so lucky!!! There use to be a healing store about 45 minutes north of where I live, but the woman closed the store a couple years back (no thanks to the economy). Any other 'rock stores' (did a search for them online last night) are such a long drive away. I live in the middle of Ga (USA) and what few stores there are are WAAAYYY up in north GA, waaaayyy over to the east, or WAAAYYY down in the south right next to the Ga FL border. Ugh!!

If nothing else, makes me glad I at least have internet access.

Oh, and before I forget, Joshua and I went outside and took a couple of pictures yesterday. I think my favorite so far is this one.

I'd like to think that, whether it's stone, crystal, or animal, even if they don't completely 'click' with us, they'll at least be able to enjoy a loving home and enviroment.

Last edited by Dawn : 25-06-2011 at 12:38 PM.
Old 25-06-2011, 10:17 PM
Dawn

Since I can't edit my previous post to add this in, I just wanted to say this.

Tilia, about your comment early on in this thread about altered stones needing more love than ones in their natural states, I believe it now.
I finally managed to get the flea market near my home this morning (been getting a spiritual itch to get there all week long) and was pulled towards a yellowish marble ash tray. I didn't notice anything at first until I walked away for a minute and then came back and picked her up.
The first feeling was, she's mine. There was another, smaller and darker in physical appearance stone ash tray but he/she was in a nasty mood and did NOT want me touching it or being around it at all.
After I'd paid for her and held her, she started crying, then sobbing. I did my best to walk around the isles of the little flea market and act normal, but practally the entire while I was telling her 'it's okay, it's okay', and she was just continuing to cry and sob so much.
I didn't want to focus too much on her there at the flea market since I know that wasn't the most ideal location for focusing and talking with her. After I got her home and into a bowl of water outside, I sat down to talk with her.
It was an effort and a half to gently and calmly tell her to stop crying for a bit so I could talk to her and ask her why she was so upset.
Meiranda is her name (had to ask her about three times so I was totally certain and that I had her name memorized). She told me how she was taken from the earth and cut apart from the bigger body of stone she was a part of (the larger chunk of marble her piece came from). She could've handled that and even admitted, she was waiting for that (the moment 'her piece' was cut apart, she was able to connect with it and was happy about it). However, when the guy picked her up and drilled the dips into her to hold ashes and burning cigarrerrets, she could feel his intention and started screaming at him to stop, which he didn't, mostly because he couldn't hear her. He just did his job then set her aside with the others like 'rocks'.
From there she started crying and was trying to tell anyone (human) around her, but no one would listen. She was so afraid and horrified at the thought of being used as an ashtray.
After a while she quieted down and got depressed, which is how I found her. When I got there and touched her though, she started crying again.
'Finally someone who could hear me'.
It was just heartbreaking as I was carrying her around in my arms, the entire while she was crying and sobbing so much, but, even after being paid for and my mom offered to take her out to the car, I was like 'No thanks. I'll just carry it around.' I didn't exactally have a choice though. I didn't WANT to put her down anywhere or let her go, like she belonged there in my arms.
Well we got back to the house and I tended to her as best I can.
I asked her about having her form altered, since Gabes, you said your hubby wanted to have his crystal turned into a sphere (and I'd imagine that either he's a guy with cutting / polishing machinery, or he knows someone who does), and, after a few seconds of deliberation, she sighed and just told me no. Enough had already been done to her form that she didn't want to have anything else altered with it.
Then I had an idea. I asked her, what about, when she was feeling better and if she was up to it, if she'd want to be a holder for some other stones and crystals, like a bowl, or a pair of caring hands for other stones and crystals.
This offer genuinely surprised her (probably thought she didn't have any other useful purpose any more if she wasn't being used as a 'dirty ashtray'), and she agreed 'one day'.
I'm glad I made this thread and, thanks to you lovely and helpful people, was able to figure out Joshua and how best to help him. It's helped me figure out how best to be able to tend to Meiranda and how to help her. (and, also, what to expect when she'll start getting clingy with me.)
When she's feeling up to it, I'll post a picture of her here.

So, for everyone who's been curious, willing to help, and supportive on this little thread, on behalf of myself and Joshua (and now Meiranda)

Old 25-06-2011, 11:10 PM
Master
Lightbulb

I just love, and am soo inspired by your latest pics, you had already infected me with a passion for (more) stones, which led to my online purchase earlier this day, omg...your whimsey is just so wonderful~*

I just placed an order for the first time to this place, link below.

I ordered:

Obsidian Arrowheads
Negativity Set w/pouch
Snow White Stilbite
Ruby Crystal piece from India
Quantum Quattro Silica, sm pieces
Burma Quartz Crystal
Indian Blue Kyanite, sm. pieces

[email protected],