Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 20-12-2018, 07:59 AM
Knower
Lightbulb Astrology - The World Has Been Deceived.

Hello guys. I'm an "Astrologer" and have been for almost 10 years. I've studied Tropical, Vedic, and 13 sign Astrology.

Among my findings, it just dawned on me that Astrology is simply projected psychology that happens to resonate with a few of us.

I sat and thought about it and felt foolish that it hadn't dawned on me that Astrology is similar to a "connect the dots" psychology. For example, I'm only a Taurus because someone from thousands of years ago made a bull by connecting the dots out of a certain cluster of stars. Certainly those cluster of stars are not a bull.

I could easily start up my own Astrological system and redraw all of the signs by playing connect the dots with the stars; same way anyone could stare up at a cloud and see any type of animal from it.

This exposes that the modern day astrology is completely unrealistic in the way most people use it.

Instead we project our human traits onto the sky and assign these cluster of stars human characteristics. It works because all human traits can be found in all of the zodiac signs and for some their characteristics are in sync with a certain time-frame.

Once we find out our signs, we zoom in on whatever character traits we are told our signs have. If you are a Leo, you are told you love attention but if you don't love attention although you are a Leo, don't worry because we have aspects to make up for that.

The truth is, Astrology means nothing and does not work without synchronicity because the zodiac in and of itself is completely made up.

Astronomy vs Astrology and Ophiuchus

Shortly before I discovered Astrology isn't how it is being taught, I downloaded an application called, "Stellarium. In this software, it allows you to go way back in time or way ahead of time.

It turns out Ophiuchus has been there for the past 2,000 years and that the Sun stays in Ophiuchus much longer than Scorpio.

The Sun actually stays in Scorpio for only 7 days just about. The Moon stays there even shorter than what Tropical or Vedic Astrology says. So, I was alarmed by the fact tropical/vedic omits Ophiuchus.

Clearly it intercepts the ecliptic.

I understand Ophiuchus would make things uneven and that the 12 signs correlate with 12 months but it doesn't destroy the fact that the Sun stays in Ophiuchus much longer than Scorpio.

To make matters even worse, the Southern hemisphere is left out of the Tropical astrology. Second of all, people say Tropical astrology has more to do with the seasons and the Sun. If that were the case, then how come some Tropical astrologers branch out to other planets like Uranus, Mars and etc?
Seasons are different all around the world.

However, when this is brought up people tend to get very angry with me. After figuring out the clusters of stars and made up signs have nothing to do with my behavior, I find it even more ridiculous to bicker about.

Later, I switched over to 13 signs for this reason because it is the closest to the facts and because it's one size fits all and doesn't have the issue between the North/Southern hemispheres.

Although I now use Astrology to tell the time, (which is what they seem have done in the Bible), I am currently in the process of trying to wean myself off of Astrology due to this. I am not even so much into 13 signs anymore because it is all just us projecting our traits onto the stars and for some, it gives an excuse for being a certain way. We already have psychology for that and we should start taking responsibility for the way we are instead of thrusting it onto the sky.

After all that is said and done, I understand why scientists think we are silly. Not only do we omit Ophiuchus which has been around for the past 2,000 years but we actually believe images made out of someone's dot-connecting has any validity to it.

I'm not here to make anyone feel bad so my apologies if I do but at the same time, I cannot see how anyone can refute the fact Astrology is simply connecting dots and naming them random things. It is so clear it is projected psychology and not some magical force coming from Mars, constellations and stuff.

It's a complete sham and people are really out here paying hundreds of dollars to have a chart reading. If you want to know who you are, it would seem appropriate to look into ways to get into your subconscious mind and pay more attention to your actions and reactions in the moment you are in a situation.

If you are interested in more of this mindset, just Google Carl Jung and Astrology and it will explain things much better than me.
Old 04-01-2019, 07:08 PM
Master
I think that you are downplaying the insight that others in the past were able to intercept from divine sources, or however they derived and devised what we call Astrology today. I agree it is true we can apply meaning to many things, and even that in itself has power. but I think that Astrology is obviously something much deeper and more involved than that. I don't have contact with the spiritual world in that manner so I can't really explain how they did it, but somehow someone or someone(s) received higher information and was able to fashion it into the subject and study of Astrology. Who are we to say that there wasn't divine inspiration? If you are still on this forum then you must believe that practical spirituality is a thing in one way or another. So it's just as silly to call it all shiny blings in the sky and imaginary connect the dot crayola drawings as it is seemingly silly for the whole phenomena of Astrology to exist as it does. and there have been tweakings done.. I personally don't think Ophiuchus proves to have validity as the 13th or 8.5th sign. There are many more things in the sky that certainly do have an impact on us, one can get dizzy trying to figure out how all the different asteroids and imaginary lines or objects and everything impact us or change our charts, but they don't change the basic reality.

I really don't understand how it's all come to be, I really don't. but I do think there are some who do, like an interesting character Doelow who does youtube videos and speaks of the higher realms and intricacies of Astrology and star beings or whatever.. much of what he says goes over my head, yet I believe him and feel what he says is almost always just he truth. and I don't do that with many people at all. surely I could find a thing or few that he's incorrect about, but for the mostpart he is a brilliant genius, or really just an actualized being in touch with the spiritual world and history or reality we're unaware of with our lower level of consciousness. well I didn't need to bring him up, but maybe it's good that I did. because just cuz we don't understand something or know doesn't mean that nobody else does. in the other thread which you posted in also about people believing or not believing Astrology, bartholomew also referenced some of the things Doelow talks about, with star beings projecting their power and all that jazz. very crazy stuff but how the heaven would we know otherwise?? So I think that you just didn't get deep enough into Astrology in several ways. I think there is a lot more to understand and depths to explore, different interpretations of modern Astrology, like this guy I recently joined a forum for who offers free Astrological existential counseling, as he calls it.. He has 50 years of experience in Astrology and Psychology too. and like you he would criticize most people practicing Astrology because they're missing important parts of its profundity. There's always more to understand. Then as I brought up I think you're also missing the explanations for its existence and validity. which I myself cannot prove because it goes way beyond my mental head and current level of spiritual development. but just because we don't know everything about it doesn't mean there isn't more to know.

I can say for certain that my chart explains so much about me, it's almost funny at times. I mean I have a stellium in Scorpio with my Moon and Venus tightly conjunct my Pluto. and this plays out a number of ways in my life and existence, and I guarantee you that you will not find many people in the world who fit the description of an extreme placement such as that. It is true that there are varying degrees of each sign or planet's potential, and I think it is our job to actualize ourselves and transform to become better. Afterall, Scorpio is the only sign that has numerous mascots, from the scorpion, to the eagle, to the dove, to the dragon even, and the phoenix. Rising from our own ashes. because of my strong placements I have trouble relating to a lot of people, or rather they have trouble relating to me and I alienate them too easily. because this stellium is in my 7th house too, and that means I want to dig deep into others, and many people don't like that lol.. they can't or don't want to meet me at that level. Not everyone is going to be interested in understanding or experiencing others in that way. they are going to have other intricacies and depths in their charts, but each person's is very unique. some more unique than others.. but each is different, and you can't accuse everyone of being the same or of a certain chart of placement as being interchangeable, because it simply isn't.
Old 04-01-2019, 10:39 PM
Newbie ;)

Stacks of cards or paragraphs full of words. I find the awkwardness of communication the greatest obstacle and by that, to turn it to numbers and stars is something a computer guy wrote. Imagine that.
Old 06-01-2019, 11:38 AM
Suspended

In this realm, what you believe is most true is what works for you. You could create a system from Cartoon characters and if you truly believed it then it would help you.
Old 22-01-2019, 03:08 PM
Newbie ;)

From the original post:

"Among my findings, it just dawned on me that Astrology is simply projected psychology that happens to resonate with a few of us.
The truth is, Astrology means nothing and does not work without synchronicity because the zodiac in and of itself is completely made up."

These statements conflict. If astrology is rooted in psychology and resonates for some, then it doesn't mean "nothing" for some. It means that astrology can be an incredible learning tool for those for whom it resonates.
Old 12-02-2019, 05:04 AM
Suspended
Pathfinder

Astrology is a gift from the universe and must be studied. Personally, I think the zodiac has great meaning in terms of the life we live and the personalities we adapt. The meaning behind a birthdate is just as important as the seasons of the year.
Old 12-02-2019, 10:39 AM
Administrator
Don't believe in Astrology at all its all one sign fits all Wrong.

Namaste
Old 12-02-2019, 12:19 PM
Master
I guess I'll find out how accurate it is this year into early next.hee hee.

But I know a vedic astrologer who blew me away with his insight...and I had doubts on astrology before (western mainly) because like Native spirit said one size fits all is all wrong. I am a Capricorn and about the only thing that I could actually relate to was being loyal. I'm not an emotionless being, that's for sure but i guess that's due to my moon in pisces but there's so much more to it, with yoga, vargas, nakshatras and I barely understand those. I would love to study but I don't have the time or the money to invest in it and it's not my desire to be an astrologer.

All that aside, the person that directed me to vedic astrology did so because I had so many unanswered questions about things and it's been the only thing that has proved any insight to me...it still boggles my mind though, how planets have such an impact on our lives...and the whole function of ketu and rahu...now that's good psychology. They aren't planets but nodes I believe??? Don't quote me on that, I'm NOT an astrologer, like I said...but totally fascinating.
Old 13-02-2019, 03:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
All that aside, the person that directed me to vedic astrology did so because I had so many unanswered questions about things and it's been the only thing that has proved any insight to me...it still boggles my mind though, how planets have such an impact on our lives...and the whole function of ketu and rahu...now that's good psychology. They aren't planets but nodes I believe??? Don't quote me on that, I'm NOT an astrologer, like I said...but totally fascinating.

yes I don't follow Vedic Astrology, but Ketu and Rahu being the North & South Nodes in Western Astrology, I find them to be very amazing and so telling! I started paying more attention to them and saw how eerily important it was that I follow the path of the North Node, which for me is in Taurus 2nd house.. and if I honor what Taurus encompasses I will basically have a dream life, if I can just get myself to lol as it's easier for us to slip back to our South Nodes. but anyways they say the North Node is what will help you succeed and prosper the most, and I think it is worth anyone struggling to check out what their North & South Nodes, or Rahu & Ketu are.
Old 19-02-2019, 02:10 AM
Newbie ;)

Ive noticed many that fall into needing this to satisy theor questioning which gets even worse because its misleading and then they require more attention.

Kind of like a revolving open ended question with no answer that you keep chasing.