Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 12-03-2018, 10:33 PM
traceyacey12

Dark Night of the Soul/Ego shedding

Hi, I'm currently experiencing spiritual awakening/dark night of the soul/ego shedding and can't seem to keep my interest in reading anything other than spiritual stuff. Does this sound like something that would happen with spiritual awakening?

Old 13-03-2018, 01:08 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyacey12
Hi, I'm currently experiencing spiritual awakening/dark night of the soul/ego shedding and can't seem to keep my interest in reading anything other than spiritual stuff. Does this sound like something that would happen with spiritual awakening?

100% absolutely! It almost becomes a hunger to understand and you will find yourself reaching out for spiritual things..books, blogs, articles on line. I do agree that is definitely a part of it. What I found within my own awakening which started back in 2012 was that the more I read or understood through reading and research the more my vibration would "synch" up so I wasn't going through the initial stages which can be very trying. I found in the beginning the only way I can describe it was my inner vibration increased and my outer shell (body) was not flowing at the same rate. The more I learned through reading the more the flow started to come together and my body adjusted. I know this sounds strange but I can't really describe it any other way. When the ebb and flow is not together it causes distress, worry, sleeplessness, anxiety, paranoia even at times. Once they synch you will rise above it and feel more in tune as the rest of you catches up. The analogy I use to use back then was if you think of a mexican jumping bean left out in the sun where the outer shell is bouncing but the inside (bean) is banging around each time it does jump that is what the anxiety felt like. Through understanding more and reading that changed for me and I become one with the outside shell so as my vibration went up that nervousness and all the negative feelings left as I began to flow as one unified. But expanding my understanding of what was happening to me was what I credit for doing that.
Old 13-03-2018, 01:52 AM
Guide

Dont know, in my experience dark night of the soul is experience of ur own hell to overcome. What ur dealing with is interest/becoming aware of awareness. That is what awakening is imv. Those experiencing dark night of the soul are awake allready many years... i think.. thats just my take on it.

Taking on another ego in the sense of being overly interested in spirituality is simply avoidment of the dark night of the soul. Creating a spiritual ego. Thats the truth for many, but truth is catching up for that same ammount at this time. I said overly... so balanced approach to spirituality creates room to actually take it in practice.
Old 13-03-2018, 01:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemcrusader
Dont know, in my experience dark night of the soul is experience of ur own hell to overcome. What ur dealing with is interest/becoming aware of awareness. That is what awakening is imv. Those experiencing dark night of the soul are awake allready many years... i think.. thats just my take on it.

I'd second that.

Dark night is like being left out in the spiritual woods on your own, you face your inadequacies & make your own tools for survival.

There is no fun in it.

You become nothing, broken doesn't even sum it up - you essentially give in to all truths no matter how painful.

Amongst all of this you eventually find the clearing & you step out scarred, forever changed but whole.

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 14-03-2018, 09:18 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel

I'd second that.

Dark night is like being left out in the spiritual woods on your own, you face your inadequacies & make your own tools for survival.

There is no fun in it.

You become nothing, broken doesn't even sum it up - you essentially give in to all truths no matter how painful.

Amongst all of this you eventually find the clearing & you step out scarred, forever changed but whole.

yes, were saying the same. Or mean the same...
Old 13-03-2018, 07:56 AM
Experiencer
I answered this in the other forum you posted it in, but yes, it can steer you towards all things spiritual as you're learning and seeking the truth. I've experienced the DNOS a few times now, it's not just a one-off for some, but each time you become more and more aware what is happening so learn to surrender more, or see it more clearly.

There's times where you won't want to read anything at all, and this is fine, too, just go with how you feel :)
Old 13-03-2018, 03:17 PM
Master

Well said Raziel. My dark night of the soul had nothing to do with my spirituality. But I was completely broken for a very long time. 1 year of the dark night of my soul, about 6 years of rage and then another 10 years of feeling nothing but numbness. After that I was able to step out of the rubble and learn forgiveness and self love.

But each of us are different; we all experience dnots differently.
Old 13-03-2018, 04:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Well said Raziel. My dark night of the soul had nothing to do with my spirituality. But I was completely broken for a very long time. 1 year of the dark night of my soul, about 6 years of rage and then another 10 years of feeling nothing but numbness. After that I was able to step out of the rubble and learn forgiveness and self love.

But each of us are different; we all experience dnots differently.

Geeeeze!

Glad your ok now!

Mine was mainly real world stuff too but there is that point where you have to look inwards - what you find is going to vary.

Why it is there is going to vary from person to person.

For me the crucifixion & resurrection is essentially a tale of the dark night of the soul - we carry our crosses until we can bear them no longer, the cross restricts us/ hold us in a period of deep pain before we change dramatically spiritually.

The butterfly & cocoon also works well as a metaphor except that the "beauty" is a beautiful spirit.

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 13-03-2018, 05:50 PM
Master

My experienced was tinged with spirituality. I had some spiritual things revealed to me during this horrible time by the Powers That Be. It was the only thing that kept me going. It peaked my curiosity.

Love this: The butterfly & cocoon also works well as a metaphor except that the "beauty" is a beautiful spirit. So true.

If I hadn't gone through that experience, I wouldn't be the person I am today. So I'm glad I went through it but also glad it's over.