Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 27-02-2016, 01:44 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Guide Sparrow

I trust you are good and well in this festive season.

Dear Spirit Guide Sparrow,

I have spent the bulk of my holidays playing music; it was (and continues to be) an extremely enjoyable experience. I hope that you are doing well too, please convey my warmest greetings to your Asceleott colleagues. I have profoundly benefited from the work that you do and have tremendous respect for you and your colleagues

Quote:
Your questions are fixating on the importance of the physical organ called brain as the primary processor of consciousness, yet I have clarified this is not the case, for how else would your physical form continue to animate in the spirit world without a physical brain, and how can thoughts transmit without the presence of a brain? Where do you wish these questions to take you in their relationship to consciousness?

While I remain open to the possibility of consciousness being ubiquitous, I have not made up my mind on this issue yet. This is because I require more information, which I hope these questions will provide.

Perhaps it may be worthwhile for me to explicitly state what I'm looking for: A logical and technically vigorous understanding of consciousness. Do you think you can help me with that?

Quote:
A few examples? Indeed.
The McGurk effect
Hypnagogia
Phantom limb pain or Allodynia
Dreams.

I think I am able to understand phantom limb pain and the McGurk effect, both of which are very convincing. Could you please explain in more precise terms how allodynia and dreams are affected by the brain's fabrications of reality? Thank you.

Quote:

Then there is the way in which your physical brain asserts your physical body and its surroundings are solid physical structures, when truly your science reveals they are far from it.

If my surroundings are not solid physical strucutres, what are they?

Quote:
Yes, and I understand this has already been proven by those in such fields of research.

You are correct.

Quote:
When your consciousness separates from the physical counterpart, including the physical precuneus, your sense of self-awareness not only continues to exist, but actually becomes enhanced and expanded. This should tell you that the precuneus, while able to process neural information, is not necessary for the existence or processing of consciousness itself. Consciousness itself does not require physical structure or process, or physical energy in order to exist or function.

This seems counter-intuitive. When I shut off a part of my brain during non-REM sleep, there is reduced activity in the precuneus. However, my self-awareness is neither enhanced nor expanded. Instead, it appears to be completely absent.

Quote:

It functions because memory is not just stored in one or the same place. Every living cell in your body retains memory. Every living cell in your body has retained the memory of every one of your ancestors who has ever lived. Memory is shared by all aspects of your cellular state, including all areas of your brain.

I read this message with great interest. How far would you agree with the following statement: The brain's memory is stored like a hologram.

Quote:

Many blessings to you during this festive season.

Getting to know you has been a true blessing

Best Regards,
a1candidate
Old 27-02-2016, 12:02 PM
Guide

I'm also interested in the nature of consciousness itself.
Old 28-02-2016, 02:16 AM
Guide

And the nature of the Consciousness of God, All That Exists as a whole; and its dynamics
Old 06-03-2016, 04:38 AM
Deactivated Account

Dear Friends,

For those of you who follow Spirit Guide Sparrow's words and advice, a reminder that there is a blog of his collated writings:

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...80#post1116480

Namaste.
Old 06-03-2016, 04:39 AM
Deactivated Account

Thank YOU, again, Spirit Guide Sparrow.

Namaste.
Old 06-03-2016, 11:18 AM
Seeker

Hello Spirit Guide Sparrow!

I am a new member on these forums and I wish to express my gratitude to you.

I do not normally partake in forum discussions even though I am constantly in the background, reading.

You see, recently I went through an existential crisis which lead me to become extremely depressed and ended up staying bed waiting for my death as I said "What is the point? I was forced into existence which was unfair" and cursed the universe.

However, during the brief periods where I had the urge to continue searching for answers, events eventually lead me to discover this website.

As I had an overwhelming fear of death, this section was of particular interest to me and came across your thread.

For some reason unknown to me, I somehow resonated with all the things you said which was strange considering my materialistic stance which disregarded all things 'paranormal'.

I have read your threads more than once and this sparked a lot of curiousity in me which I never imagined. You could say that I was looking for an escape from fear, but in that case I would have simply believed in a religion.

As a result of your information, I have chosen to try and search for the answers myself rather than looking for objective information, which led me to follow a 'spiritual' path. As a result of your contribution, I made an account on this very forum to participate!

I wish to say thank you very much for bringing about a major change in my life and I want to see where this leads me!

Again, thank you!
Old 08-03-2016, 06:02 AM
Pathfinder
Death

I understand that this post was long ago .. As a pagan .. christian .. a living being .. what and whoever we are .. being a dying being .. as we all are ..

I see no reason to fear .. Since no one .. from priest .. to philosophers .. to theologian .. seem to know ..

There are those that make their day selling salvation

But .. when you are dying .. that is between you and The Creator.

That is quite different.
Old 09-03-2016, 06:08 AM
Pathfinder

The afterlife is not some wispy, transparent Christianly moral place where you can not indulge in food and sex because those things are inherently "bad"

Roberta Grimes knows the truth, because she actually did research
Old 21-03-2016, 09:54 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Dear LillyBelle,

You do not need permission to be that which you already are.
The mistake you make is believing you are anything less and so having to seek permission to be more of yourself. Grant yourself that permission.

How to behave like one?
Simple. Think, speak and act out of unconditional love for all you encounter. There is no rule book how to be that which you truly are in your greatest expression of your divine spirit. Have fun and enjoy doing it.

Blessings of love within light from us all.
-Sparrow
Hello Spirit Guide Sparrow,
I am new to this particular thread so bear with me. I have not read ALL because it would be much too time consuming. I have, however, gotten what I consider somewhat of an "overall" picture.
I have a couple of questions for you that you may have addressed in prior conversations, but, as I said didn't have time to read all.
1. What if any credentials do you have because it does seem that you have a large following on this particular subject.
2. Didn't have time to see if you actually believe in GOD and/or the bible.
Don't want to comment or questions further until I know these simple answers first.
Thank you,
Truthsayerts
Old 22-03-2016, 12:46 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthsayerts
Hello Spirit Guide Sparrow,
I am new to this particular thread so bear with me. I have not read ALL because it would be much too time consuming. I have, however, gotten what I consider somewhat of an "overall" picture.
I have a couple of questions for you that you may have addressed in prior conversations, but, as I said didn't have time to read all.
1. What if any credentials do you have because it does seem that you have a large following on this particular subject.
2. Didn't have time to see if you actually believe in GOD and/or the bible.
Don't want to comment or questions further until I know these simple answers first.
Thank you,
Truthsayerts

hello Truthsayerts,

I have read ALL of Sparrow's thread (minus a page here and there, lol ....) several times !

Believe me.... it is well worth the read, even a second or third time ! One usually finds something that they missed on the first go round, or there is something that catches one's attention that they weren't interested in earlier.

One cannot really get " somewhat an overall picture " from just partial here and there readings. It is well worth one's time to read it all (in my humble opinion ) the questions are so varied and unique... and some of the replies a bit lengthy, but all is worthwhile.

Curious to know ... what are your credentials ?
I have a copy of Sparrow's certificate of authenticity , framed and hanging on my wall, LOL !! Just kidding .... sorry dear Sparrow, I just couldn't resist, you know

and I am also curious to know ..... while we are waiting for Sparrow's return and for Sparrow to reply to your questions.....

does it make a difference whether Sparrow believes in God or the bible ?
Personally, I don't believe so .... but it seems to hold importance to you ?

just my 2 Euros worth, from a random member, who enjoys reading Sparrow's threads

Adrienne

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction