Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 17-11-2011, 12:27 AM
Coming2

Loving this topic!! Thank you for bringing it out Lazarus. I opted for organ donation many years ago but as time has passed and my spirituality has grown I am more inclined to remove myself from the list. My feelings have shifted after knowing what I do know about life after death. I have had a life between lives regression and I also died for 8 minutes earlier this year. I have concluded that we do indeed feel the missing link even after death and can become earth bound for a time because of the confusion. Ultimately I feel that the Divine Creator of the Universe created us whole and complete and it is with that completeness that we should return to the Earth. I hate to throw any dogma or scripture out but I will say that in certain texts it was very important to honor the dead in the burial process. When people passed over they were to be laid to rest in a respectful and compassionate manner. I find it hard to believe that taking someone's organs would be respectful to the soul of said human trying to cross over. JMHO....
Old 17-11-2011, 12:48 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
So My concern with organ donation is that it may adversely affect transmission into the next life.

I don't believe this myself, I think often the spirit is gone long before the body physically dies, my own opinion is that organ donation has no effect on the spirit whatsoever and at risk of sounding gruesome some people die in horrific circumstances, dismemberment and such and the spirit usually finds it's way 'home' regardless.

I think organ donation is down to personal choice, and i've spoken to people who are for it and against it, those against it seem to be concerned about the invasion of privacy on their deceased loved one, seeing it as callous butchery. I think if people were more informed about the actual proccess it would make a huge difference but any topic about death is often seen as morbid, people simply don't want to discuss it.

Personally i'm for organ donation and perhaps opting 'out' rather than 'in' would make the decision easier for some relatives and remove a lot of the stress but for others it would be little more than body snatching.

Spiritual Inspiration

The forum for seekers everywhere...
Old 17-11-2011, 12:59 AM
Coming2

Good point on the opt in, opt out Daisy. I find that it is ultimately the family who has the hardest time with it. I would think that someone who has chosen to donate has thought at length about it and are comfortable with their decision. If they believe our bodies are just a shell of matter then they will have no cause to worry. I really believe that it is a very personal choice. I feel ultimately it is up to the individual about what their belief system is and that if they are comfy with the choice they have made then that is all that matters for them to pass on with ease.
Old 17-11-2011, 04:14 AM
Knower
For those that are under the misguided impression that they are helping others to live longer by donating their organs…then much kudos to you, but look at the realities… the risks involved as well as the psychological effects and the financial cost. Who is left to pay the medical bills when the transplant fails….on top off the cost of medication, and the amount they have to take It’s a money making racket for the pharmaceutical companies….the medical profession and all others that are involved in it. They have already invented neurological diseases to sell their pills what's to stop them doing the same with transplants.
Take a look at the risks involved as well as the Psychological effects and all that goes with it. Do you honestly want to be part of that...pardon the pun.

http://www.transplantliving.org/livi...mes/risks.aspx
If everyone is to donate organs or body parts harvested by law, the ratio between those that need or want transplants compared to the amount of body parts harvested is enormous…. what’s going to happen to the rest? I sense there is a lot of money to made and not just in transplants gruesome and gross. It makes me feel sick just thinking about

Is this how you would like your body to finish up?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...on-Hagens.html

Old 17-11-2011, 03:32 PM
pre-dawn

You mean it is not worthwhile to restore somebody's eyesight through a cornea transplant, or give a person quality of life and freedom of movement through a kidney transplant?
Old 17-11-2011, 06:52 PM
Yassi

I would be glad to donate my whole body if it helped to make smo happy. I would tell my relatives to do that for me before my natural physical death (of course, if it's not smth unexpected).
Old 18-11-2011, 02:11 AM
AngryDragonTears

Oh, ever so interesting.
Old 18-11-2011, 07:42 AM
primrose

Good topic, I have a few questions? How would we know if the organs were taken or not? Autopsies are routine, which as some of you think would be disturbing if the soul was still in it, I personally believe the soul leaves shortly before or at death, my line of work deals with pallative care, I've seen many deaths. My son who I did'nt see till the funeral was kept in the hospital for a week before he was released. I would'nt know what they did with him. I would be comforted to know that his organs helped others.
Old 18-11-2011, 04:04 PM
Master
"Is this how you would like your body to finish up?"

My body, Spiritmessenger, will end up "blowing in the wind".

Anyway, I have already made a donation. When I had a heart by-pass, I was asked if the surplus of the vein that they took to form the grants could also be used in research. Naturally, I said Yes.
Old 19-11-2011, 02:26 AM
Trieah

Interesting topic. It's got me thinking more about it now. When I was 18, I didn't want to be an organ doner, and opted out of the program. But now that I'm much older, and have seen a family member's eyes and tissue be donated, as well and someone I knew, be a receiver of a new liver, I think can see the benefits of the procedure.

I've always said, that when I die, just dump my body in the ground somewhere. Heck, dump it in the trash, for all I care. I won't be needing it anymore, so. . . whatever. From what I understand, I've had 96 previous incarnations, and nothing done to my body so far after each death has prevented me from coming back to do what I need to do. So now I'm thinking. Sure! Knock yourself out with what ever's gonna be salvageable. One of my greatest joys in life is being able to help others where I can. So I think my spirit would be tickled pink to know something of my leftovers was put to good use.