Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Closed Thread

Old 20-12-2006, 12:50 PM
mattstar

Fatigue - meditation

Been meditating/channeling now for a few weeks and aim to do one session each day - i started off with the idea of doing 15-20 mins each day, but by the time i have relaxed, opened my chakras and started some visualisations i enjoy it so much that i probably average 45 mins - an hour at a time.

Now since starting on my new spiritual path at the start of november i have been feeling more tired, and regularly i sleep all night usually 6 -7 hours yet dream all the time and wake up feeling less than refreshed.

Is this normal when starting out meditating, am i trying to do too much? (my main purpose other than relaxation has been to try and liase with my guides and raise my vibrational level)

Any help, tips, pointers will be gratefully received.

Wishing you all a fabulous day
Old 22-12-2006, 05:24 PM
Moonflower

Hi Mattstar

Make sure that u ground & protect yourself before you start any work on meditation or channelling very important that you do..

As for the dreams I keep a dream diary by my bed but it is important to record any details you wish to remember when you wake before your feet touch the floor, have you considered that you may be astral travelling during your sleep state?

Love & Light

Moonflower x
Old 23-12-2006, 12:50 PM
Enlightener

Onof, the great bearded giant, and his firends Rubo and Slorquoise

Do negative energies REALLY exist?

I get that too sometimes mattstar, i'm not really sure why, it could be that you are using so much mental energy when you raise your kundalini energy that you become tired...idonno...although sometimes I sleep a lot less than I usually do, so maybe it is an 'on-off' thing.

Enlightener
Old 23-12-2006, 03:59 PM
multidimensional being

Hiya Mattstar I'm Ian Nice to meet you so to speak.

First of all I agree with the other advice you've been given but I'd like to add my own point of view if i may.

When i started out i wanted to do everything and every thing and like you started meditating every and like you felt a bit drain.

and i came to the conclusion that
a: yeah i was over doing it a bit
and:I had no control

Now when ever i do any thing spiritual be it meditating healing or whatever I set my intension first by a thought to spirit. (just say what you wanna do in your head basically)

so if you only wanna meditate for 15-20 mins say that to spirit and as moonflower said ask for protection too.

And i find by talking to my guide/helper/companions that the bond becomes stronger. and also what i find that is if you don't talk to them like the some high divine being but chat to them like there your best mate.

Anyway hope that helps
Old 02-01-2007, 12:41 PM
mattstar

Thanks for the feedback everyone and Happy New year!

Moonflower - i always perform some triple light protection when starting to meditate and do use grounding afterwards (closing down my chakras, drinking water and something to eat)

I have wondered about astral travel - my dreams are incredibly vivid and most times i am not in the dream, mostly "observing" from a place i cant be seen.

When i started on my spiritual awakening i was dreaming a lot about being in a ski lift which was taking me scarily high into the sky which i wondered may be been some kind of symbol regarding my state at the time.

I think ive probably been trying to advance too fast too soon, have got numerous books on the go, about contacting spirit guides, numerlogy, reading the runes (which im drawn to and am learning about) and also automatic writing.

Im wondering if i should perhaps focus on a couple of things right now and leave the rest until later? Its hard as its all so fascinating!!!

many thanks for your advice.

Best Wishes
Old 02-01-2007, 01:15 PM
dreamer

Hey mattstar, i would guess that you are making very fast progress when awake, you mind is changing and reconstructing itself and in your dreams it is doing a lot of this work... this leaves you tired and may do so for a while but its worth the effort and is something to be hugely thankfull for. its a bit like having a mansion that you have not tidied or looked after for 10 years, tidying it up is a lot of work but the end result is worth it, bear with it it becomes easier and easier as you learn to surrender, love and trust it. in my experience anyway.
Closed Thread