Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 28-04-2016, 02:46 PM
Knower

Question What Happens to Soul / Spirit When Burnout Is Experienced?

Hi there,

(The intro is a little long so you can skip to my question at the bottom. Sorry I couldn't manage to make this short)

I recent 2 years my life and routine drastically changed as I went out to journey of self-employment and entrepreneurship. I seek this path because that is the only way to attain freedom and financial independence when living within confines of modern society. I believe one way to attain this is self-employment doing what aligns with your soul as you master your trade and another way is to manifest your ideas to life as an entrepreneur who always has inspiration from ideas and moves to the next as he accomplishes one leaving legacy behind.

Probably like many I thought owning a business is easy and I will be able to easily sit with my legs on the desk sipping coffee and company would run itself magically. At least that is how successful people are portrayed in movies, advertisements, driving cars, owning yachts etc. making it easy to screw real perspective. Add to that online marketing opportunities of easy riches we are bombarded today and society's perspective of being rich is screwed.

But it's not until you take first step on that path when you start experiencing resistance that you start understanding the other side of the coin. We are all came from somewhere, some are new souls, some are old souls who already have what it takes to be successful. They say that real entrepreneur is born and those are folks who are born with character traits to be successful. There's no magic but there's only YOU. The world you live in is reflected by your inner world and successful people are born with inner world of abundance, positivity and optimism.

My question about burnout:

If successful entrepreneurs are born that way, then I still believe people can become successful entrepreneurs. What separates former from latter is personal development level former have while latter attaine that level through self-conditioning by changing habits, beliefs, perspective on life etc. Sadly I was not born with personal development level and it's probably why I experience huge restistance being through ups and downs which became more frequent. It's like having different mood almost every other day (several years back I had day job I hated and was diagnosed with depression). Business takes a lot of my mental energy, thinking and I never worked like that. I think this created some kind of stress and disbalance as I started feeling how draining business is. How does burnout affect individual from spiritual and soul perspective? I heard about biologic fields that human has and when it's damaged negative entities from astral and lower planes feel it and start feeding off of it. Is this true? How do I know the condition of my field?

One last thing. Has anyone read book called "The War Of Art" by Stephen Pressfield? He writes about resistance that gets bigger as person approaches the peak of it's realization and can even knock down person down. This resistance manifests in many forms, be it our exuses, insecurity, lack of faith that stem from our ego, society, opinions, critics etc. There's a difference between someone who proactively paves his way to success overcoming obstacles versus someone who only dreams but is paralyzed by taking steps to their manifestation. Stephen says people are affraid of their own success which they can achieve. I think it's actually problems be it personal or business related that they are affraid of. For me it's personal problems that worry me and I have done a good deal of personal development but there there's still work involved. I think that someone has to be at the right personal development level to take on bigger problems because otherwise he would fail. It's all about what's in your mind that counts.
Old 29-04-2016, 02:28 AM
Master

to succeed in business - there is something you have to give up. For the people who have done it over many lifetimes it is much easier... for people just starting that path giving up what you have to give up is like being thrown against a wall.

Giving up what you've got to give up is only in vogue because we idolize those who succeed in business.

People know all this deep inside but still try to succeed in business.
Old 29-04-2016, 08:17 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
For the people who have done it over many lifetimes it is much easier...

Should I assume examples like Bill Gates, Michael S. Dell, Warren Buffett etc.? Those people were businessmen in many reincarnations?

But how about average people who become successful in business? One would think average people choose mediocrity because they are comfortable with it.
Old 29-04-2016, 05:22 PM
Deactivated Account

We who are still here as mortal critters apparently still haven't gotten our act completely together. The distractions of wealth management may well stifle spiritual enlightenment which is the more desirable attribute. Anyone who learns how to connect with Akashic Records can acquire the thoughts and talents of people like Gates. At the deepest level of our being we share a common consciousness with the collective.
One need not be religious to be Spiritual. A Wizard commands power to influence probabilities, stands between worlds with one foot on earth and the other in the heavens, is in tune with the Infinite, knows truth and is at peace with self and the Universe.
Old 29-04-2016, 05:50 PM
Knower

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shekinah
The distractions of wealth management may well stifle spiritual enlightenment which is the more desirable attribute.

I heard that this is final level in one's evolution. A person starts poor, then in other reincarnations lives normal life and final reincarnation with enough done, learned and wisdom acquired lives life in wealth.

You however say that what I described as final reincarnation is a distraction that may well stifle with spiritual development but the latter is not possible without time and freedom. Of course first few years or decade involve wealth building but later when it is established you are now hiring others to slowly remove yourself from business.

Wealth management is actually fun part because at this point you no longer run everything exchausting yourself and can find time for your personal growth and business growth managing from high level.

That is for wealth management but being self-employed mastering your trade does not really require to go to such heights. You just enjoy your life doing what you love and live on your "modest" (depends) income that your trade brings. I think less stress here and no wealth building is involved at all.
Old 29-04-2016, 07:57 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnicGeek
Hi there,

(The intro is a little long so you can skip to my question at the bottom. Sorry I couldn't manage to make this short)

I recent 2 years my life and routine drastically changed as I went out to journey of self-employment and entrepreneurship. I seek this path because that is the only way to attain freedom and financial independence when living within confines of modern society. I believe one way to attain this is self-employment doing what aligns with your soul as you master your trade and another way is to manifest your ideas to life as an entrepreneur who always has inspiration from ideas and moves to the next as he accomplishes one leaving legacy behind.

Probably like many I thought owning a business is easy and I will be able to easily sit with my legs on the desk sipping coffee and company would run itself magically. At least that is how successful people are portrayed in movies, advertisements, driving cars, owning yachts etc. making it easy to screw real perspective. Add to that online marketing opportunities of easy riches we are bombarded today and society's perspective of being rich is screwed.

But it's not until you take first step on that path when you start experiencing resistance that you start understanding the other side of the coin. We are all came from somewhere, some are new souls, some are old souls who already have what it takes to be successful. They say that real entrepreneur is born and those are folks who are born with character traits to be successful. There's no magic but there's only YOU. The world you live in is reflected by your inner world and successful people are born with inner world of abundance, positivity and optimism.

My question about burnout:

If successful entrepreneurs are born that way, then I still believe people can become successful entrepreneurs. What separates former from latter is personal development level former have while latter attaine that level through self-conditioning by changing habits, beliefs, perspective on life etc. Sadly I was not born with personal development level and it's probably why I experience huge restistance being through ups and downs which became more frequent. It's like having different mood almost every other day (several years back I had day job I hated and was diagnosed with depression). Business takes a lot of my mental energy, thinking and I never worked like that. I think this created some kind of stress and disbalance as I started feeling how draining business is. How does burnout affect individual from spiritual and soul perspective? I heard about biologic fields that human has and when it's damaged negative entities from astral and lower planes feel it and start feeding off of it. Is this true? How do I know the condition of my field?

One last thing. Has anyone read book called "The War Of Art" by Stephen Pressfield? He writes about resistance that gets bigger as person approaches the peak of it's realization and can even knock down person down. This resistance manifests in many forms, be it our exuses, insecurity, lack of faith that stem from our ego, society, opinions, critics etc. There's a difference between someone who proactively paves his way to success overcoming obstacles versus someone who only dreams but is paralyzed by taking steps to their manifestation. Stephen says people are affraid of their own success which they can achieve. I think it's actually problems be it personal or business related that they are affraid of. For me it's personal problems that worry me and I have done a good deal of personal development but there there's still work involved. I think that someone has to be at the right personal development level to take on bigger problems because otherwise he would fail. It's all about what's in your mind that counts.

Hi TechnicGeek

First of all Congratulations for doing what you do - it takes courage to start something, and I think, putting aside "spirituality" for a moment, no matter what happens, you have tried what you wanted.

Go easy on yourself, as much as this is possible. There is no knowing who or what or where we are in terms of Records or such - we do what we can with what we have in this very world amongst all beings.

You've taken a shot and you've realized it is harder than you perhaps imagined. From my understanding, entrepreneurship does come with its own raft of joys and let's say, specialities. Don't let that get you down. Perhaps collaborate with more people and use them to test your ideas, see where or what might need improvement, assess and re-define your business plan, assess realistically your own capabilities and don't be afraid to take time out either before you burn out.

Burn out is an exhaustion that needs to be managed on a physical and emotional level. I guess it's your body and mind saying it needs some genuine nurturing again. Even being able to "shut off" each night is an important aspect to gain some peace and rewind time. Do it if you can.

I don't think you need to worry about things such as entities - but you are definitely free to ask others about this of course.

Take care! And good luck with it all. :)

floatsy

Truth/
Compassion
/
Wisdom
Old 17-05-2016, 03:42 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floatsy
There is no knowing who or what or where we are in terms of Records or such - we do what we can with what we have in this very world amongst all beings.

Are you speaking about Akashic Records?

Quote:
Burn out is an exhaustion that needs to be managed on a physical and emotional level. I guess it's your body and mind saying it needs some genuine nurturing again. Even being able to "shut off" each night is an important aspect to gain some peace and rewind time. Do it if you can.

Shutting off in other words is sleeping? I sleep between 5 - 6 hours but my fallign asleep time varies between 22:00 to the point of 1:00. Interesting thing I noticed is that if I go past 00:00 I often get up physically weak and "being slow" entire day however should I go at 23:30 - 23:45 and manage to fall asleep, 5 hours of sleep is enough and I tend to wake up energized and in a good mood. I read somewhere that it's not about the quantity of sleep you get, but quality of sleep and that there are specific waves when you should fall asleep.
Old 30-04-2016, 09:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnicGeek
How does burnout affect individual from spiritual and soul perspective? I heard about biologic fields that human has and when it's damaged negative entities from astral and lower planes feel it and start feeding off of it. Is this true?
Hi TG. I lost my 20-year career as a result of burnout. In my case it was in a spiritual field of business, and my burnout was caused by a combination of usual work-related issues, combined with issues pertaining to organizational spiritual dogma and group fundamentalist behavior.

Do not waste your time speculating on negative entities. People - and spiritualists, possibly even more so - dream up every reason under the sun to avoid examining the real causes for the happenings in their lives: their thoughts, actions and life choices.

I spent years dealing with the fallout of my burnout, mostly having to do with depression and anger. After a time however, and being the responsible spiritual individual I am, I came to see the role I played in all of it. I made the choice to be part of it, to make it my career.

And for all the bad that happened, a lot of good came out of it, I certainly grew as a conscious individual because of it. I am not the same person at all, from a soul perspective. I honestly feel I have been reborn into a new consciousness paradigm as a result. I wouldn't care to go through it again, and I have re-arranged my life to ensure I never will. Nor could I, the psychic/soul damage left permanent scar. Still I am grateful for the experience.
Old 30-04-2016, 06:45 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Hi TG. I lost my 20-year career as a result of burnout. In my case it was in a spiritual field of business, and my burnout was caused by a combination of usual work-related issues, combined with issues pertaining to organizational spiritual dogma and group fundamentalist behavior.

Do not waste your time speculating on negative entities. People - and spiritualists, possibly even more so - dream up every reason under the sun to avoid examining the real causes for the happenings in their lives: their thoughts, actions and life choices.

I spent years dealing with the fallout of my burnout, mostly having to do with depression and anger. After a time however, and being the responsible spiritual individual I am, I came to see the role I played in all of it. I made the choice to be part of it, to make it my career.

And for all the bad that happened, a lot of good came out of it, I certainly grew as a conscious individual because of it. I am not the same person at all, from a soul perspective. I honestly feel I have been reborn into a new consciousness paradigm as a result. I wouldn't care to go through it again, and I have re-arranged my life to ensure I never will. Nor could I, the psychic/soul damage left permanent scar. Still I am grateful for the experience.

I love the raw honesty in your reply Baile! We are often sold, and then try and sell stuff that just simply doesn't work! We'll give our-all to the project, while trying to be true to ourselves, until the point where the dysfunction becomes obvious. This can hold true in our spiritual endeavors, in our scientific undertakings, in religious pursuits ("spirituality" can become "religious" over time). We can invest ourselves socially and come up with not, we can delve into a business and watch our peace-of-mind evaporate due to the weight of unending, soul-draining challenges.

It really does suck out there! I hardly meet anyone who isn't stumbling in one way or another from the frustrations that come with current undertakings.

There is a way out, and it's really quite private. That we emotionally decouple ourselves from the imagery that we'll "make a difference" for others in one way or another. We can freely contribute to the well being of others, but the idea that we'll achieve positive feed back from our efforts should be relegated to the dust bin of good intentions.

Frankly I feel this is good news. We are granting people the integrity of their own soul-based challenges. Sometimes we have to hit absolute rock bottom before we realize that the course we're on is simply not sustainable. It's hard to watch others go through such self-made events but should we interfere there's a good chance we'd be compounding their challenge.

This all can be seen as heresy for those of us who feel that we're needed in so many ways. But I see this step as essential if we're ever to grow happy within ourselves as to what it is to be human.

The people that are growing, in the ways that are helpful, are already well-underway on their own. And the ones who aren't, won't be, until they muster-up the integrity that's required for such undertakings. The idea that we can facilitate this is admirable at best, the captain of each ship takes-leave every night into a private retreat of their own making.
Old 30-04-2016, 07:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by organic born
until they muster-up the integrity that's required for such undertakings
So much I could quote from that post but I chose this. When all is said and done, it comes down to self-responsibility. Integrity and honesty towards others, and also having the integrity to be honest with one's self. For every step on the external knowledge path, three steps on the moral self-development path... that's how I define spirituality.

And as you said so well, granting people the integrity of their own soul-based challenges. That's a truth I've lived by for many years now. That's actually easy for me now, after my burnout, as I'm still at the point where I just don't care what other people do. I don't judge, not so much because I'm being magnanimous, but more because I'm fed up with people and their nonsense. They can do what they want. And that's due to the psychic/soul damage I mentioned, that's as much as I can muster. But I can say I'm aware my next step in my life journey is transforming that enmity into something more caring and emphatic. Just not sure it'll be this lifetime though!