Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 16-11-2015, 11:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfaei
Hello

Me and another fellow SFer were discussing dreams. the dreams they have they are sometimes standing on the sidelines watching a event unfold. and I asked them. " Ive been having those all my life, what type of ability ( if any) or dreaming would this be considered?" but since its new to them. They didn't know. so figured i'd ask here. I'll give some examples of some of the dreams i've had in the past.

They are usually not violent. Majority of my dreams aren't. but one night I had a dream about a tragic school shooting. I didn't get the location of the school or anything. but its as if i was watching it unfold. I was standing to the side and watching these actions take place. the person who was doing the shooting had red hair is basically all I saw. Some points throughout this dream - Its as if i "stepped" into one of the people running. and then I saw through their eyes. and by using that person. I was able to move a large group of people to safety. Another time i interfered when the gunner was aiming down at someone else and I stepped into that person and made them react to move out of the way. I wasnt lucid - I couldnt even think in this dream. It just happened.

I know you mentioned this dream before, but I had a thought just now, what if you are sharing in a memory of an individual that experienced this. And it left an imprint somewhere, or within someone, and in your dream state, you connected to it, and walked into it. And by helping move them, you were helping them cope with it, and bring a positive light to it. A re-framing if you will. Or perhaps you were living out what exactly happened, somewhere. Almost like overshadowing the individuals. It's an idea, and maybe one that is far out there.
Old 16-11-2015, 11:41 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
I know you mentioned this dream before, but I had a thought just now, what if you are sharing in a memory of an individual that experienced this. And it left an imprint somewhere, or within someone, and in your dream state, you connected to it, and walked into it. And by helping move them, you were helping them cope with it, and bring a positive light to it. A re-framing if you will. Or perhaps you were living out what exactly happened, somewhere. Almost like overshadowing the individuals. It's an idea, and maybe one that is far out there.

Now that.. I never thought of. and it could be a possibly? Fortunately i do not know anyone personally who've been through that type of tragic act. So if what someone above mentioned is true (lets just go with it for arguments sake) and I step into these people in help them out of harms way. I wonder how my consciousness even decides who to help? or where to go where to look? is it the past or the future I wonder, and if its the past.. why am I I trying to change it those are basically all of the thoughts thats flowing in my mind since we're on this topic lol

Its definitely something to think about. Lately all of my dreams have been centered around me though and my family. I really am not sure what triggers for these other dreams to occur

But I do get what you're saying: almost as if when we dream we all go to another dimension where everyone have their own "dream cloud" and someone might be stuck reliving this nightmare - and I come along and help them. Wow that would be...insane yet incredible. Even my mind doubt that is possible but still! who knows.

@Sojourner - I agree with the oneness feeling though to be honest when I wake up from those kinds of dreams its more of a head scratch and wondering WHY I had that dream lol it leaves me confused and out of sorts for the rest of the day. but yes if it is something spiritual i definitely want to learn about it more
Old 17-11-2015, 12:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Now that.. I never thought of. and it could be a possibly? Fortunately i do not know anyone personally who've been through that type of tragic act. So if what someone above mentioned is true (lets just go with it for arguments sake) and I step into these people in help them out of harms way. I wonder how my consciousness even decides who to help? or where to go where to look? is it the past or the future I wonder, and if its the past.. why am I I trying to change it those are basically all of the thoughts thats flowing in my mind since we're on this topic lol

Its definitely something to think about. Lately all of my dreams have been centered around me though and my family. I really am not sure what triggers for these other dreams to occur

But I do get what you're saying: almost as if when we dream we all go to another dimension where everyone have their own "dream cloud" and someone might be stuck reliving this nightmare - and I come along and help them. Wow that would be...insane yet incredible. Even my mind doubt that is possible but still! who knows.

I have wondered that, on the people that have been in my dreams. How was it determined who came to me, and when? Life is a mystery.

If everything is happening now, it would not really matter exactly when it happened in the world of dreams. Because in that realm, the realm of the subconscious, it's all still happening, and is happening now. Even future dreams. So when it happened would not really matter. If it's in the past, well, to them, it's still current, and happening now. That's why anxiety/fear can be so strong.

It could also be possible that you are seeing something unfold about you, but in a symbolic way, which could be represented by a shootout for instance. And that dream could be about frustration, and anger, for instance. Dreams can be tricky in their meaning.
Old 17-11-2015, 01:39 AM
Suspended
You are stepping into parts of yourself in those dreams. That is how you are helping yourself in real life.
Old 17-11-2015, 06:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Hello

Me and another fellow SFer were discussing dreams. the dreams they have they are sometimes standing on the sidelines watching a event unfold. and I asked them. " Ive been having those all my life, what type of ability ( if any) or dreaming would this be considered?" but since its new to them. They didn't know. so figured i'd ask here. I'll give some examples of some of the dreams i've had in the past.

So my question is.. why do i have these dreams sometimes? and is it a category or a name for them so i can learn more about why i'm able to see/do these in non lucid dreams?
These are regular dreams. That third person perspective is called "Fly on the Wall".

There is nothing unusual about the third person perspective in dreams. Most people have both first and third person perspective in dreams at various times.

[advanced] In advanced lucid dreaming you in that third person perspective is referred to at the "Watcher". It usually comes up in discussion about 'split awareness' where you appear both in the dream action and watching it without participating at the same time.
[very advanced] That the 'Watcher' can be invoked as a second stream of awareness at any time (not just in dreams), even while awake.
Old 17-11-2015, 07:36 AM
Experiencer
Thank you Thunder Bow and Wstein! If its just regular dreams then that is fine by me as well. To be i myself think having a third person dream is common for people. at least I thought so! what you mentioned about the watcher is very interesting at times that's what it felt like. Like i was taking part of the action but watching it unfold at the same time ( not in those dreams i mentioned up above, but i'd had some like that as well ) I figured they weren't lucid dreams though. Don't you have to actually recognize your dreaming for it to be a lucid dream?
Old 17-11-2015, 01:33 PM
Pathfinder

A few of the likely messages of such dreams include:

1. Your unconscious telling you to not be passive about your involvement with other people.

2. Your unconscious telling you to not be passive about how you present yourself to other people.
Old 17-11-2015, 02:30 PM
Guide
Just some follow-up info for you, kayfaei. I don't think these are dreams or lucid dreams, as I have known about third-person dreams. You suddenly see through someone else's eyes in a dream, but your will can not be exerted, just a viewing. I have heard and experienced that type of dream myself. In your description, you actually can influence the person in the dream to act, thus imposing your will. Even in the astral, others' wills can not be imposed upon, but one's own will can be exerted.

But here's some junk food for thought:
1) Some people believe that our souls are so huge, that we have several other lives going on Earth. One of your lives may be someone in Africa, someone in Iceland, etc. Maybe, one of your lives is having this horrendous experience (such as the school shooting) and that is why you are capable of exerting your will upon him/her.
2) Some people believe they are spiritual descendents of Angels/Archangels. What if someone, in a moment of fear, prays for help and you are acting as an agent of spiritual help for that person.
3) What about the possibility of soul groups (Reincarnation). Someone from your soul group, who you may not know currently, is in dire help and you are assisting them spiritually in a moment of need. My understanding of soul group is that you reincarnate together with a group of souls to accomplish a certain mission. If the mission is that important, then it would make sense that you would be compelled to spiritually assist and save the life of this group member.

Just some ideas...you've got me burning the midnight oil on this one, kayfaie!;)

Lastly, I found out that some people believe that walk-in experiences can be temporary or permanent. There is even a "Walk-In Conference" that occurs every year (you just missed the last one in September 2015) for people who know they are walk-ins!!! That conference is international and is now called the Visionaries in Light Conference. Sooooo interesting!!! The reason I mention this is because this phenomena feels more related to a walk-in experience than a form of dreaming.

Hope is praying for rain; Faith is bringing an umbrella
Old 17-11-2015, 08:08 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner2013
Just some follow-up info for you, kayfaei. I don't think these are dreams or lucid dreams, as I have known about third-person dreams. You suddenly see through someone else's eyes in a dream, but your will can not be exerted, just a viewing. I have heard and experienced that type of dream myself. In your description, you actually can influence the person in the dream to act, thus imposing your will. Even in the astral, others' wills can not be imposed upon, but one's own will can be exerted.

But here's some junk food for thought:
1) Some people believe that our souls are so huge, that we have several other lives going on Earth. One of your lives may be someone in Africa, someone in Iceland, etc. Maybe, one of your lives is having this horrendous experience (such as the school shooting) and that is why you are capable of exerting your will upon him/her.
2) Some people believe they are spiritual descendents of Angels/Archangels. What if someone, in a moment of fear, prays for help and you are acting as an agent of spiritual help for that person.
3) What about the possibility of soul groups (Reincarnation). Someone from your soul group, who you may not know currently, is in dire help and you are assisting them spiritually in a moment of need. My understanding of soul group is that you reincarnate together with a group of souls to accomplish a certain mission. If the mission is that important, then it would make sense that you would be compelled to spiritually assist and save the life of this group member.

Just some ideas...you've got me burning the midnight oil on this one, kayfaie!;)

Lastly, I found out that some people believe that walk-in experiences can be temporary or permanent. There is even a "Walk-In Conference" that occurs every year (you just missed the last one in September 2015) for people who know they are walk-ins!!! That conference is international and is now called the Visionaries in Light Conference. Sooooo interesting!!! The reason I mention this is because this phenomena feels more related to a walk-in experience than a form of dreaming.

Haha well I am glad I was able to get you to think of it more. I wish I had more to give you Sojourner! to me personally I don't feel like they are lucid dreams either or even about me being passive. Nothing major is going on in my life that would make that big of a impact on a decision I've made. so who knows!

I never knew there was a group about this type of dreaming.. that is interesting lol I am not sure if I would join it, probably not in my area. but if there is a website i'll definitely take a look at it! and thats very interesting about some theories people believe. I myself seem to like number 2 and 3. To me somehow it would make perfect sense.
Old 18-11-2015, 04:01 AM
Master
Quote:
... I figured they weren't lucid dreams though. Don't you have to actually recognize your dreaming for it to be a lucid dream?
Yes, the very definition of a 'lucid dream' is that you have to be aware you are dreaming during the dream. It does not matter if you are first person or third person in the dream.