Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 08:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent whisper
Opening one's heart may or may not accompany the stillness. The heart is the intersection, and there has to be will to actualise, i.e. a conscious decision to go inside and from there go "outside" simultaneously. Opening the heart is like peeling an onion. Sometimes when you least expect it, you surge forward and at similarly, you may stumble.

Most of all, opening the heart is a conscious decision to trust and to have faith.
To seek & receive grace.
The love carries you when you are surging forward. And the grace & faith carries you when you stumble.

Ah 7luminaries I knew your were coming today...my dreamer revealed you to me in the early hours of my interrupted sleep..And what an entry you have just made..........I am liking your words very much already.

That's very sweet...and a bit saucy perhaps
I hope your dream was auspicious

peace & blessings,
7L
Old 06-01-2012, 08:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
What IS Love?

"There are no others"

Ramana Maharshi

Something about that quote points to Love.

ha ha... Just got it. Thanks, Lisa.

Xan

Old 06-01-2012, 09:20 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
What IS Love?

"There are no others"

Ramana Maharshi

Something about that quote points to Love.
Hi Lisa,

Points...it is a clear definition.

Here is another:

"Love is the crown of all being and its way of fulfilment, that by which it rises to all intensity and all fullness and the ecstasy of utter self-finding."
- Sri Aurobindo

~ J
Old 06-01-2012, 11:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

What I can see, is that some people will rationalize their attachment to a word, rather than suspend (temporarily set aside) the attachment, and then they demonize the intentions, and even the character, of the person asking for a discussion free of the preferences and prejudices inherent to the ‘word’. I have asked repeatedly, for a measure of cooperation in finding the hows, and whys of the use the word ‘Love’, and even ‘if’ the word IS fundamental, the hows and whys of its application are not.. as it can be seen, there is intense resistance to suspending preferences for a certain word, and yet.. most of the same that resist and insist will readily agree that ‘the menu is not the meal’, but.. in this special instance, about this special ‘word’ on the menu, there is no option to for discussing experiences without relying on the special word.

What can be observed, is that when the mind is still it forms no words or descriptions, it doesn’t compare what is happening with what it thinks it believes.. the mind is still and silent, and Life is happening without the mind’s manipulations, Life and experience are being felt and sensed, not thought and described. Words are abstractions, degrees of separation from the truth of the experience, and attachments to words are greater degrees of separation. Allowing for the scope and depth of many words to reveal the nuances of experience, are degrees of freedom for expansion and feeling, where insistence that one word or few words are all that are approved for the consensus to agree, that is confining, stagnant. Rather than confining the descriptions of deeply resonant experiences to a very limited word-set, why the resistance to openly exploring all of language as a way of expanding the understanding of the experience?

When all else falls away, what remains is the stillness and silence, even in the midst of chaos and frenzy.. return to the stillness, and clarity reveals what is.. resist or insist that this is this or that is that, and you are already apart from what is happening.. attached to the structure of words and meanings, of expectations and disappointments.. yes, you will huddle together, protecting your illusions of safety.. yes, it would easy, even simple to agree and be invited in and blessed for my wisdom and the great fortune of my enlightenment, but.. there is great comfort and contentment in the silence and stillness of watching with unconditioned curiosity.. because sooner or later, someone will need to be more right than another.. but, for now, most of you are content being more right than me and a couple of others..

There is no right or wrong in stillness, just the invitation to join, to see for yourself.. do I think that those that believe that ‘Love is all there is’ are wrong, absolutely not.. I don’t know if they are or not, but I am cautious of those that seem to know that they are right.. they are closed to new information and experiences, secure in their knowing.. sure, I hold some understandings to be true and self-evident, until the contrary be revealed more consistent with what ‘is’.. I am always willing to revise my understandings based on more competent or more consistently applicable evidence.. and, it’s not a matter of right or wrong, better or worse.. it is the willingness to look and see.

Be well..

1. you are saying that stilling your mind helps you cope up and have control of your life?

2. or are you saying, stilling the mind clears all the delusions one have in life and everybody should try it?

3. how do you still your mind?

4. are you taking anti-depressant medicine on a regular basis?
Old 06-01-2012, 11:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid
1. you are saying that stilling your mind helps you cope up and have control of your life?

2. or are you saying, stilling the mind clears all the delusions one have in life and everybody should try it?

3. how do you still your mind?

4. are you taking anti-depressant medicine on a regular basis?

So it's not enough to have one "love" thread shut down? You're not even trying one little bit to understand what he's proposing.

#4 ~ are you taking your snide pills? I kinda doubt it...

Old 06-01-2012, 11:48 PM
Master
Unfortunately, that's that.

Closed Thread