Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 14-07-2018, 01:21 AM
Master
Truth being personal

Hello,

Was reflecting upon truth. So going with some thoughts upon this.

Seen threads on it, debates about it, and reflections upon it.

What came to mind is that truth seems to be personal.
It appears in mind in relationship to what is understood, believed, makes sense, and/or resonates.

Sure, there are some truths in relationship to cause and effect. Such as if I touch something on fire, chances are will get burned.

More looking at what appears as personal
What comes to mind is what is found to be true with in.
What touches the spirit, heart, or brings spirit to mind.
Those truths that bring changes to life.
The truth found through experiences that may not always be able to explain or place in words.

Examples; a loved one visiting after he/she has departed from this realm
What may be felt from another without a word being spoken
Now I do understand the examples are some truths I hold and experience has brought such to me.

So, others hold truths as well.

So, wonder why the debates and conflicts, if truths lead to understanding and finding ways to connect? They can be what is shared or help find inner peace.

If not understood or experienced then is it meant for that person?

Now, if a truth is used/misused to gain control over another then is it a truth?

Find at times one has a truth to share and say and sometimes may be intimidated or shouted down (so to speak) to express it. Which reflects more upon the fear of one or group doing the shouting then upon the one speaking his/her truth.

Brings to mind; Speak your truth, even if your voice (or in this case, hands) shake.

What do you all think?
Old 14-07-2018, 05:16 AM
Master

I'm not at all sure that my attempts at sharing the 'truth as I see it' have been particularly good for people. I wonder a lot who it benefits to be spouting the stuff I do, besides that I get to say what I want?

But All I can see is the way what I say will be thrown in my face later, to make me hurt. And I wonder, is this the way people see me when I'm spouting ideas? So I really commiserate with my earlier sentiment, to just shut up.
Old 14-07-2018, 09:29 AM
Master
The mystical traditions identify truth as relative versus absolute. One could say personal truth is relative to the transient human experience. But take heart, this nutty and bizarre world of lies, fake news, and invent-your-own-truth is not the absolute (Spirit) reality lol.
Old 14-07-2018, 12:38 PM
Master
The truth of the mind that identifies as a self is personal. Experience thru this filter is personal. We can work to see that and possibly let it go bit by bit.
Beyond that is beyond that.

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness
Old 14-07-2018, 02:11 PM
Master
Hello,

Thank you all for your truths /response.

It seems truth can be relative. What one experiences, where one is at, and perspectives upon life, the universe, and everything else.

Don't feel there has to be agreement all the time. For if there was seems we would be a bunch of bobble heads just nodding in agreement. Not much to learn or open up to in this regard, IMO.

Being open to other views has and does help me expand my own view upon life.

Yes, there are times when it seems wiser to remain silent. Guess depends upon how one may feel in regards to how others may respond or react. Is it worth the effort? Is there an agenda behind the words that is more about being right then about exchanging ideas, thoughts, experiences, and the like?

Being personal, feel that truths can be delicate and feelings/emotions can play into them. At times if held as a personal part of a person , then can understand if one may feel slighted if another attacks his/her belief and/or truth.

Guess, how it is expressed and accepted is in the approach.
Old 14-07-2018, 07:44 PM
Master
Further thoughts.

When is truth impersonal? Or is it ever impersonal?
Old 14-07-2018, 11:13 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Further thoughts.

when you see the truth that good/evil dichotomy is an illusion; that all your seeking for something 'good' and all your avoiding of something 'evil' avails you nothing but a permanent end to your being and in the end you see that what you WANT isn't good for you the way everyone tells you it is... you might find the impersonal truth.
Old 15-07-2018, 08:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Further thoughts.

Impersonal truth: The mystical traditions identify truth as relative versus absolute.

Whereas peoples' feelings about the importance of their individual truth, is personal. That includes me as well. I have 4 great truths I believe in: eternal soul, reincarnation, karma, and Spirit. I've had experiential depth connections with three of those. But in the end, these are personal truths, and I do have feelings for them. And I am attached to them, no question. What I understand however, is they aren't important. They are transient understandings born of my physical existence. They will be Spirit dust when I am in Spirit again. And that is the absolute truth that I recognize and bow to, the one truth to rule them all!
Old 15-07-2018, 11:45 AM
Master
Even the old mystics perceived the world from the confines of this reality and one would be poorly served to perceive their word as absolute.
Old 15-07-2018, 12:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
Even the old mystics perceived the world from the confines of this reality and one would be poorly served to perceive their word as absolute.
But we really don’t know that to be true. We can recognize the confines we have and simply remain open to the truth that lies behind them.
I believe there is a reality beyond perception. Peter Ralston states in one of his books that there is an absolute infinite Now that that brings with it a direct consciousness of

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness