Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 27-06-2012, 11:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

Hi Rich: Regarding the bolded portion, i am aware of several others reporting very similar situations.. and, i'm sure you are aware that people looking in one direction, to prove or disprove that 'direction', don't often 'pay attention' to other directions.. I wouldn't refer to my experience as 'dissolving into cosmic thought', rather it feels much more consistent with expanding awareness to include all of that which 'i am'..

I live near Cassadaga Florida (Google it, it's Spiritualist Community/'Camp'), the home of many Spiritualist mediums, and a place i have spent quite a bit of time.. in my early 20's (early 1970s) i was introduced to Anne Gehman, founder of the Center for Spiritual Enlightenment (another good google if you're not already familiar).. we had several meetings, and she confirmed what you are observing, that i was/am 'different', and that later in Life i would understand better, but.. she said i was very fortunate, "you're already there, the space between".. "just pay attention, and the whole Universe will show itself to you".. i've had greater and lesser successes at following her advice about "paying attention", much better at it these last couple of decades.. it really hit home when i first connected with the 'Whole' (and was able to 'get it' in real-time as it was happening)..

I've had several hypnotic attempts at past-life regressions, mostly in the '90s, the result is the same, frustration for the facilitator, exhilaration for me.. the worst experience, for me, was when the hypnotist said i wasn't cooperating, but agreed that i was very focused and very open.. she said she didn't know how i was doing it, but the results were not what they 'should have been'.. i was able to 'tick off' the right answers to her checklist, but my 'source' was unacceptable for her.. that didn't 'feel' right for me, as if the process was for her, rather than for discovery...

It is my understanding that the Cosmic Memory is more readily accessible, for those unfamiliar with the process, as personal resonance/coherence attracts consciousness energies that reveal more familiar 'expanded memories' and in accordance with personal experiences, and.. later, as you gain experience, you can begin to explore the Cosmos and the collective whole consciousness as an adventure of self-discovery on a Cosmic scale.. some effects are not unlike psychoactive drugs, but through meditation you can 'reliably' map the territory and manage your exploration.. as always though, when recalling these experiences with yourself as your Whole/complete 'self', there are the nearly uncontrollable effects of conditioning that influence us to 'tell the story' that best suits our conditioning.. i am as guilty as anyone, hence my 'signature line' at the bottom of the post..

Be well..
Interesting read Tzu ... I have never undertaken hypnotherapy ... I was advised to some 30 yrs ago but didn't follow up ... i was partaking in some recreational drug use at the time and, although my memory is a bit hazy around that time, I probably thought it would be too difficult to define what was an authentic, non drug influenced experience, and what wasn't ... I haven't s******* the idea all together though ... it would be interesting maybe lol ...
Old 27-06-2012, 11:49 AM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
Interesting read Tzu ... I have never undertaken hypnotherapy ... I was advised to some 30 yrs ago but didn't follow up ... i was partaking in some recreational drug use at the time and, although my memory is a bit hazy around that time, I probably thought it would be too difficult to define what was an authentic, non drug influenced experience, and what wasn't ... I haven't s******* the idea all together though ... it would be interesting maybe lol ...
I think that is a great idea. My only caution would be to be careful choosing a hypnotist. The reputation of any potential hypnotists should be very carefully researched.