Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 26-03-2018, 07:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces_Moon
Nice! I like that you have added the 'why" element to the questions.
I suppose asking 'how' is also another way to help plan the week, especially if something unusual or complicated showed up in the cards.
It does seems a fairly versatile spread to help with planning the week or even a one off project.

Thanks Pisces Moon I found that some questions "why" is better and some questions "how" is better. So generally I ask "how or why" and let the Tarot sort it out, lol. I know immediately which it was, either "how" or "why" as they fit so obviously, so I find it works quite well.

I actually lay the cards face down (don't ask me why, I usually always lay them face up) and draw 7 cards across, then the next "row" underneath, I keep laying them simply asking "how or why". It's surprising how the Tarot seems to know what you're after. I think maybe I lay them face down so I don't get biased, and it's also quite a nice surprise as I turn the cards over and see how accurate they are.
Old 26-03-2018, 10:09 PM
Master
I'm gonna try this for this week!

1. Take a closer look at this

King of Swords

keep an eye out for problems that need to be solved?

2. Don't worry so much about this

Knight of Cups

romance, meeting someone, etc

3. Beware of this danger

4 of Cups

hermitting, feeling depressed, taking things personally

4. Hold tight to this

7 of Wands

my principles and values, standing my ground

5. Learn to appreciate this

The Star

optimism, possibilities

6. Stop pursuing this

10 of Swords

self-pity, playing the victim, feeling life is against me, pessimism

7. Seek this

10 of Pentacles

convention, security, prosperity, success
Old 06-11-2018, 04:16 AM
Master

Ah ha! This is the thread I've been looking for.

1. Take a closer look at this: 9 of Wands. Anxiety! Check yourself before you wreck yourself, especially where some guardedness is simply not necessary.
Why: King of Pentacles reversed - because there are still going to be a few money-related worries/career-related worries this week. If you know it's a lean season, make sure you've got a strategy or big picture plan in place... and put it somewhere obvious where you can reflect on it often.

2. Don't worry so much about this: Justice reversed. Unfairness. Not all is fair in love, war, or anything else - sometimes you just have to roll with the punches and not sweat the small stuff, like being in the right.
Why: 4 of Pentacles says that sometimes it's better to stay quiet on certain matters. I'm wondering if this has anything to do with a work meeting we're having on Thursday...

3. Beware of this danger: Queen of Wands. Hmm, ambition and guts?
Why: Page of Wands. A certain amount of confidence is good - but not when other people may perceive you as a little pipsqueak. It's still early days. Don't let ego get the better of you. Be enthusiastic... but also make sure your humbleness shines through.

4. Hold tight to this: 5 of Swords. Conflict!?
Why: 8 of Pentacles. I think what this combination is saying - and certainly in light of some of the other cards - that this may be a good week to keep certain things to your chest. Focus instead on being diligent and in the quality of your work, and don't get caught up in drama of any kind.

5. Learn to appreciate this: Uncertainty?! (I am SO glad I added the 'why' cards to this spread)
Why: 7 of Pentacles. Uncertainty can be uncomfortable but 'maybe' is always infinitely better than 'definitely not'! There are more opportunities on the table - and WILL be more opportunities on the table - than you currently believe are on offer. Don't give into any FOMO. Have faith that things will work out... and it might turn out easier than you think.

6. Stop pursuing this: The Chariot reversed. Dead-ends! Dead horse, no movement. If it's not changing or improving in front of your eyes, move on.
Why: King of Swords reversed. There's a certain amount of ruthlessness you're going to have to pull and abide by (and I'm thinking about the amount of clinical shadowing I do - great learning opportunities but I'm not getting paid for it). think about costs and benefits. If it's not of huge benefit, time to move on. You may need to do a serious 'life declutter' and cull whatever doesn't hugely hugely work for you. Minimum investment, maximum returns - this is what you need to aim for. Don't invest too much of your time and energy into things that require a LOT from you, but don't yield much in return.

7. Seek this: 9 of Pentacles. Ah, the traditional card of success, particularly for females! This figure is enjoying the luxe, stable life with all the material comforts and associated calm she could want. There are no worries here - she's got everything she wants and isn't afraid it'll be taken away from her anytime soon. This is what you need to aim for.
Why: Queen of Cups. The more security you have - and a fair amount of this will be financial and material security - the more emotionally stable you'll be in addition to increasing your general happiness, quality of life and creativity/intuition. "Eliminating worry" needs to be high up on your list, as this appears to be key to your happiness levels.

Wow! Always an informative read, this spread
Old 06-11-2018, 08:52 AM
Master

I wonder if this thread can be used thematically?

Finances for this week

1. Take a closer look at this: King of Cups rev
Why: Knight of Cups
I'm calling this my 'emotional spending duo' this is the financial equivalent of comfort-eating! (eg impulse shopping, retail therapy, whatever) The message here is to firmly examine any instances where I feel emotionally-compelled to spend energy, and rather than spending the energy for a 'temporary fix', look at the real cause of inner discomfort and treat accordingly. I want to make a quick disclaimer here that this doesn't necessarily have to mean you're splashing out on designer handbags you can't afford... but it could be as simple as having a habit of buying sandwiches when you're feeling too overwhelmed to cook, or being more prone to buying nail polish/lipsticks when you're feeling low.

2. Don't worry so much about this: Judgement
Why: King of Wands rev
I'm interpreting this as "the big ticket items", eg property rentals, and potentially also things like work-related purchases. Sometimes big and important calls are worth making as 'the early bird gets the worm' - in the land of business, sometimes a bit of risk-taking is necessary in order to get ahead.

3. Beware of this danger: Hermit rev - going out and seeking illumination
Why: The Fool
There's a certain plus side to outsourcing work or supplies... (ditto for going out) BUT be careful of the financial spending this may incur. Are you leaking money you don't really need to? Check all your subscriptions - if we're okay on this front then what it means is be mindful of going outside for something (whether it be items or a service) when you don't really need to. Again, much of this is linked in with your emotions. It's when you're feeling at your most whimsical that you may be at your most spendthriftiness!

4. Hold tight to this: Queen of Pent rev
Why: The Moon rev
Sigh. So, it looks like keeping a VERY close eye on my balance sheets and taking out ANY uncertainty regarding income/expenditures will be key to keeping on top of my finances this week (it kind of doesn't look like it's going to be a fun week, if your day-to-day involves deciding "I don't have enough money for this..." but hey, welcome to adulting!)

5. Learn to appreciate this: 9 of Pent rev
Why: 6 of Pent rev. Clarifier: 10 of Swords
My first thought when I looked at this card was of a woman who doesn't have a great deal of time, but it's because of where her priorities lie. You may be doing a lot of non-paid work/learning that is setting great foundations for the years to come... which is excellent because it's great learning, if slightly bleugh because you're simply not learning that much! A delicate trade-off here.
Clarifier: Addition "why" is the 3 of Cups. You can't win at everything and the trade-off in your current career setup seems to be that you love the people you get to hang around with.
Clarifier for first card: 10 of Swords. Phew! So my first thought here is that this period of hectic busy-ness is set to end sometime soon; in relation to the other cards it may also come through at some point that you will have 'paid your dues' and will soon reap the rewards for your learning investments.

6. Stop pursuing this: The Sun (ARGH. WHY ARE WE TAKING AWAY ALL THE FUN STUFF)
Why: The Star reversed
:'( :'( :'( The cards are basically saying to stop having fun... okay, exaggeration. Cards are saying to stop living the free life as if everything's okay when it's not okay. I'm in a very different financial position now to where I was a year ago and it may be time to adhere more to what my lifestyle is rather than what it used to be.

7. Seek this: 2 of Pent rev - the "I can't do it all" card
Why: 5 of Wands rev
There is a HECTIC load on your plate. You're not going to be able to pursue everything, unfortunately. It may be time to cut back on some of your clinical shadowing, in addition to potentially also cutting back on some of the things you wanted to pursue that may cost money (but mainly 'pursuits' is what comes to mind, like jobs or projects). Time to get comfy saying "no" to certain things.

Ouch, a very heavy reading
Old 11-11-2018, 12:23 PM
Master

Hmm last week's spread wasn't bad, here's one for this week

1. Take a closer look at this: 6 of Cups reversed - people offering you things that may really help you out, even if it's not the easiest thing for them to offer (ie BE GRATEFUL). Why: 8 of Wands reversed. Because things are pretty slow on the ground - be really appreciative of any assistance you get this week.

2. Don't worry so much about this: 8 of Cups - people walking away or things going dead. Why - Star reversed. It kind of just looks like a despondent time all around, to be honest. The vibe here is that it's just a quiet time of year where people are shutting doors. "It's not all about you"

3. Beware of this danger: Queen of Swords rev - misjudging situations or people for the worst. Why - 2 of Pentacles reversed. There's a bit more than you can cope with at times. When you're feeling overwhelmed or startled by something, that's when you may be most likely to do or say something you may regret later. Best advice is to move slowly and take your time to think all things through carefully this week.

4. Hold tight to this: 10 of Wands rev, an interesting card as it literally depicts letting things go! Perhaps this means "hold tight to putting down what is too much for you", ie recognise what needs to get dropped or delegated elsehwere. Why - 7 of Cups rev, extreme clarity of vision will serve you well.

5. Learn to appreciate this: 5 of Swords rev, an absence of conflict. Justice rev - because things are murky in at least one of the environments around you. Take this as a calm between storms. Eep :/

6. Stop pursuing this: Judgement! - big changes, big shakeups, and big transformations. It may not be time for big moves just yet. Why - 4 of Cups. You need to wait it out a little longer. Hidden influences you can't see yet: Wheel of Fortune rev + Chariot . More changes happening later down the road - things may feel like they go down but it also seems to be associated with a solid 'up'.

7. Seek this: 3 of Swords (GUYZ ARE YOU PLAYING ME?!?!); why - The Magician. DUDE. WHAT. Gah. The only thing I can think of here is that the cards want me to get a bit emo about things that may have hurt me in the past, because there's something fancy++ and shiny that may get my attention only to screw me over later.
Old 12-12-2019, 04:35 PM
Master
I just found this spread again so am bumping it up so I can find it easily to do tomorrow for the weekend.
Old 13-12-2019, 01:30 AM
Master
1. Take a closer look at this: 7 of Pentacles
This is quite amusing, as we've had a deluge of rain which has finally put out the bushfires. I had to spend some time clearing all the leaves from the pipes which were blocked, preventing a great deal of water going into the tanks. Terrible waste given the lack of water we've been experiencing.

2. Don't worry so much about this: 3 of Wands
Waiting, waiting, waiting. I had hoped my car would have been ready yesterday or today, but no. I'm still waiting ...

3. Beware of this danger: The Hanged Man reversed
I think I need to guard against being lazy and not bothering to make an effort this weekend.

4. Hold tight to this: 6 of Cups
I need to be conscious of being more grateful for what I have and nurture relationships this weekend. This has been somewhat difficult of late, so I'll try more give and take.

5. Learn to appreciate this: The Sun reversed.
This initially had me stumped, so I pulled a "why?" card which was the Ace of Cups.
Hahahaha. Rolling on floor laughing. Once again, this makes me think of the rain and yukky weather we've got now. We've gone from beautiful sunny, hot days, to cold and rain, like winter. The Ace of Cups shows all the water that was pouring out of the pipes, totally missing the tanks because the pipes were blocked. So, appreciate the rain which gives much needed water.

6. Stop pursuing this: King of Cups reversed.
I need to keep tabs on my emotions to ensure they don't get out of control. I've been a bit down in the dumps lately, so I need to get a grip.

7. Seek this: 7 of Cups
Look at all the possibilities and options of things to do I have this weekend. I pulled a "why" card and drew the 9 of Wands. I'm taking this to mean I've got lots of creative pursuits I can undertake to alleviate stress levels.
Old 14-12-2019, 04:56 AM
Master

I loved this thread!

I would do it for next week except this week has been such a roller coaster that I'm actually too scared to look ahead
Old 14-12-2019, 05:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by tealily
I loved this thread!

I would do it for next week except this week has been such a roller coaster that I'm actually too scared to look ahead

Oh tealily! Don't be such a chicken! You know what they say, if you never, never go, you'll never, never know

I'm sure next week will be better
Old 14-12-2019, 07:26 AM
Master

But what if we're enjoying that state of ignorant bliss while it lasts?

(okay okay, I'll do it tomorrow!)