Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Hypnosis

Old 06-07-2011, 08:52 AM
psychonaut salamander

hypnosis is like,,,,

hypnosis is like me and the other person/people set up some objective... then the hypnotist creates, as a metaphor: a dip in space time. with the cooperation of the other person to constantly focuss on you, the natural human mirroring neurons start mirroring the dip and they go down , you go down with them. the hypnotist knows the feeling of going into hypnosis / trance and makes it a reality in their mind and motions. they follow the destination of the objectives, though the journeying the hypnotist doesnt always know the words that will be said. they are fed to him/her from the infinite syntax machine. he/she is a tube. some paragraphs are memorixzed and adapted, but the rest of the words form at the edge of your lips. then you bring them up out of it, and your both feeling good. like the way you went in.

....my experience anyway....
Old 28-08-2011, 03:41 PM
Angelo545ii

Wish you an endless view to cheer your eyes, then one more story mount and higher rise.
Old 14-09-2011, 02:11 PM
Summerlander

I am fascinated by this business. I think it can be a great tool. What can I do to learn more about hypnosis? Are there any good sources for this? I would not use it for criminal purposes. I promise. I would use it to help myself and others as I believe in the righteous way. It is what makes us great. At the moment I am as dumb as a fox about this. How can I start? What makes a great hypnotist? Can I influence what people think? It's fun to see a stage hypnotist. Are they for real though or just pretending? What the hell is going on there? I want that skill. It will be, of course, for the greater good. I want to be able to subtly control people without blatantly coaxing them. People are not stupid, you know! Some unsuspecting people may even be into this big time. It's a crazy world out there full of individuals imposing stuff on the gullible. Some are very suggestive. Things are cleverly stated. Don't know why people use this to take advantage of others. If you were the greatest hypnotist ever, what would you do? Would you do a show like Derren Brown? I want you to come clean on this. Would you use it all the time or only as back-up and only when required? Do you know any hypnotists in here? If this has been discussed before or I have missed previous informative posts from you, please tell me all about it! You don't mind doing it again, do you?
Old 14-09-2011, 06:15 PM
Master
There are other members who have claimed to be professional hypnotists. Do a search for the threads ~ I've seen them a while ago...it is fascinating!

Old 15-09-2011, 02:45 AM
Krishna-prem

Hi Summerlander,

I am a professional hypnotist (and no it's not a claim it's a reality )

Anyway, I'll do my best to answer your questions here.

Quote:
I am fascinated by this business. I think it can be a great tool. What can I do to learn more about hypnosis? Are there any good sources for this?

If you'd like to learn here are some excellent trainers:

Igor Ledochowski
Steve Brooks
Anthony Jacquin
James Tripp

If you go to their websites (not affiliate sites) they have some wonderful free resources as well products. I'd recommend starting with Igor (www.streethypnosis.com) He has some good introductory resources including a free introduction to instant inductions and I think he gives out a free audio program if you join his email list.

Quote:
At the moment I am as dumb as a fox about this. How can I start?

Start with the basics. Learn what hypnosis is and what it is not. You will get that from the resources I listed above. If you learn the principles then there is nothing hypnotic that you won't be able to do.

Quote:
What makes a great hypnotist?

What makes a great hypnotist in my opinion is something my mentor calls H+. This is an attitude of confidence that the person in front of you is going to go into hypnosis and have a wonderful experience. It is want something for them and not from them. When you build up this state strongly enough people will naturally fall into trances around you. This benevolent attitude gets subcommunicated through your body language, word choices, tonality, breathing, etc and is incredibly hypnotic. So the key to being a great hypnotist is truly desiring something good for the other person.

Quote:
Can I influence what people think?

You do this all the time with or without hypnosis. In hypnosis the level of influence becomes much stronger.

Quote:
It's fun to see a stage hypnotist. Are they for real though or just pretending?

Yes and no. Hypnosis does take place but things may not be as they seem. I won't give a way stage secrets though.

Quote:
What the hell is going on there? I want that skill. It will be, of course, for the greater good

Well since you asked so nicely.... nah still not telling Seriously though you will get that skill. Whether you are talking about stage, street, or therapeutic hypnosis; covert, overt, direct, or indirect hypnosis the principles are the same: gain attention, bypass the critical factor, and stimulate an unconscious response.

Quote:
If you were the greatest hypnotist ever, what would you do? Would you do a show like Derren Brown?

No. Most of what Derren does is not actually hypnosis. If I was the greatest ever, I'd teach others to do the same. The more greatest hypnotists ever out there, the more people will be able to experience life altering positive changes.

Quote:
I want you to come clean on this. Would you use it all the time or only as back-up and only when required?

It depends on the situation. My profession is that of a hypnotist and I also teach university courses on the side. In both arenas I hypnotize people all day long. To truly master hypnosis you will need to realize that hypnosis isn't something you do, it's someone you become. It's the ways in which you communicate.

Quote:
Do you know any hypnotists in here?

Myself and I believe there are a couple of others here as well.

Cheers!
KP
Old 15-09-2011, 10:55 AM
Summerlander

Brilliant! Thank you so much and thanks for the links!
Old 01-09-2013, 09:56 PM
overtherainbow

Interesting thread.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:30 AM
TommyHG

Professional hypnotists work with clients who want to modify unwanted behaviors, reduce stresses, or eliminate pain or phobias. Hypnosis induces a state of inner concentration, allowing the clients to focus their attention on specific therapeutic goals.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:56 PM
Master
I found it to be a deep meditation where I was given suggestions to my subconscious to help me break out of a frozen, inaccurate way of thinking.