Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 30-03-2015, 02:45 AM
Knower

I'm sorry to hear of your experience Vespa. I normally ask the people I work on if they are having issues prior to working with them, so I can spend extra time on their ailments. Perhaps she was having an off day.

I've noticed Reiki training varies. We all learn the hand positions, but the rest is varied from each instructor. For my own self, I've been learning a lot on my own and with my friends in one of my Reiki Circles. I've been in one circle where nothing was said, Reiki was performed and you leave. My other circle has clairvoyants and folks that want to help in any way. For me it boils down to giving and receiving good energy is better than none at all.

I hope that you can find others in France to start up your own Reiki Circle.
Old 30-03-2015, 07:31 AM
Master

Perhaps people do have different ways of performing reiki. But in the reiki circle where the practioners dont say anything, does this mean they didnt receive any information for the client? Or they do and withold it? In my view the client should leave with something so that they themselves can work on themselves otherwise all the power is going to the practitioner. Healing must continue on the part of the client and if they dont recieve any insight into their issues then what can they do? Also they then can become dependant on the practitioner. People can perform whatever style reiki they want but if they cant help the client with some perception of their problem then the reiki should be free in my opinion.
Old 30-03-2015, 08:44 AM
Knower
It's about intention I had a similar experience of a supposed master but felt I was being conned, I'm a master practitioner( not for profit ) and feel it's easy to get qualified without knowing enough of the universal life force love and light LunaAngel
Old 30-03-2015, 11:53 PM
Guide

In an environment where lawsuits are prevalent, it's best to remain silent. Unless one has a license to diagnose, one should not play doctor and mention anything at all. There has been cases where someone would say something and it was nothing. Imagine all the money a person spends to find out that there was nothing wrong with them in that area. Will you or anyone be willing to reimburse them for that added expense for something that ended up being false?

Since you plan to come to the United States, keep in mind that you may not use terms such as healing, therapy, cure or even diagnose illness if you're a practitioner of any energy modality. Only licensed individuals can use those terms or say that they can 'cure' something. Some states you can get away with a little bit more, but some are very strict. It's best to just call it an energy balancing or relaxation technique.

We know the power of Universal Love, but it cannot be forced. And yes, too many people rely on the practitioner and do not want to do anything for themselves. Maybe they're not ready or maybe all they can handle is a once in a while session. When they finally start to want it more and more, they can take a class for themselves or find something else. I usually offer the free Usui that my teacher offers, but not everyone goes for it. Not sure why. It's free. I do feel that when they don't do it, they probably believe that they cannot tap into the Universal Love and they put too much emphasis on the practitioner. I always say to them, "It's not me. It's the Love." I also give them the analogy that I was taught. "Our non-physical heart is like a closet. We clean it out, but it gets a bit dirty again. We must practice daily to keep cleaning out that closet or it will fill up once more."
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. - 1 John 4:16
Old 31-03-2015, 02:56 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa68
Perhaps people do have different ways of performing reiki. But in the reiki circle where the practioners dont say anything, does this mean they didnt receive any information for the client? Or they do and withold it? In my view the client should leave with something so that they themselves can work on themselves otherwise all the power is going to the practitioner. Healing must continue on the part of the client and if they dont recieve any insight into their issues then what can they do? Also they then can become dependant on the practitioner. People can perform whatever style reiki they want but if they cant help the client with some perception of their problem then the reiki should be free in my opinion.

I asked the leader of the "silent" circle about not speaking. She said that she doesn't want to get into anyone's head. I can appreciate that. It's just not for me.

My other circle shares what they get from the person on the table. Since I usually just see visions (not for medical purposes), I always share what I see after asking the person whether or not they want to know. The others give different views of what they felt. Usually it's not medically related, mainly related to chakras.

I totally understand how you feel Vespa. I would be disappointed if I had a session as you did. Perhaps she needs to get to know you better? Or it might be part of the French laws that she can only do certain things.

When you get back to the US, find a good circle or two. If you live in a large city you may have several choices.
Old 31-03-2015, 09:30 AM
Master

@Lunangel- I totally agree. Its easy to even do all levels even in a weekend. But just because one can practice as a practioner does not mean one should. In the reiki master course I took you are advised to wait before teaching or'practicing on others until you have had gained knowledge and worked on your own growth for a while.
@tainimom-I see your point but I think a reiki practitioner could easily explain about energy disturbances and where they find them on a body. If its super strong they can suggest to see a doctor. There are ways to not freak the person out as long as things are explained well.
@
Old 31-03-2015, 09:34 AM
Master

@tail11- so the leader of the silent circle may sense things but says nothing? Not for me either. I thought the whole point IS to connect with the client.

No its not part of the French laws that one cannot say anything. I have been to healers here who share everything they see or sense.
Old 31-03-2015, 11:51 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa68
@Lunangel- I totally agree. Its easy to even do all levels even in a weekend. But just because one can practice as a practioner does not mean one should. In the reiki master course I took you are advised to wait before teaching or'practicing on others until you have had gained knowledge and worked on your own growth for a while.
@tainimom-I see your point but I think a reiki practitioner could easily explain about energy disturbances and where they find them on a body. If its super strong they can suggest to see a doctor. There are ways to not freak the person out as long as things are explained well.
@

that's where our training and skills differ. in my training, we do not focus on psychic ability or feeling where the blocks are. not that some students don't have that, but many students who had it ended up losing their psychic ability because it grows the ego and not the heart. intuition does increase, but it is not to be used to go against the Creator's Will or to find out things - trust me, I tried and it was not a good thing. From experience, trusting the Creator- no matter what the problem, cause; whether there's a cure or not - is what matter's the most. I've seen many who just trusted and let go end up feeling better and at peace about their condition or sometimes even completely cured. When we trust and do not expect anything at all and have completely surrendered it, we gain a peace within that cannot be found. Every time I wanted a particular problem healed, it just didn't happen. Over time, I started to be ok with it. Now, even though it occurs once in a while, I'm at more peace with it. Yet, I've had other aches, pains, problems completely healed. Maybe those issues needed to be dealt with first before I got the core of this issue I've had for over two decades or possibly many lifetimes prior to this life. Experience has shown me time and time again that some issues take a long time to heal and sometimes it won't. I've learned that it really doesn't matter what the issue is as long as I start to choose the joy, peace and happiness in my life regardless. We just smile, relax and surrender.
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. - 1 John 4:16
Old 31-03-2015, 12:54 PM
Newbie ;)
Pathfinder

I'm going to be receiving a reiki treatment for the first time on Thursday and so this is interesting. If anyone has any tips about what I should do to make the reiki most effective, that would be very much appreciated. I am recovering from a chronic illness and I feel like I have a few chakra blockages too.
Old 31-03-2015, 01:28 PM
Master
Vespa,

Reading your OP I say you are right to trust your gut feelings about this person.
I don't think you were blocking it because you sound sincere in wanting reiki treatment. You sound receptive to me.

There are a lot of reiki practitioners who are useless as instruments of life force, symbol or no symbol. That is because their heart chakra is not open. They are in it for the money or ego or whatever.

In order to have the ability to enter the energy field of another, the heart chakra needs to be open.
That's why we feel good when a person with loving intention hugs us, and why we feel gross when someone with bad intentions hugs us.

Doesn't that make sense to you?