Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 23-04-2012, 11:02 PM
Troll_ov_Grimness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Gee Troll... I'm a reiki master although I'm not involved with that method anymore... and I, nor any other reiki master I know, have never done any of those dramatic things you are claiming.

Reiki is a simple system for directing healing energy for yourself and others. If some people go all weird about it, that's not reiki but their own personal twist.

Xan

this is fine

but you can 'attune' without a master
its been scientifically reported and documented

kundalini syndrome is the kind of thing i am talking about

it is what results when you take the master-student relationship into solitary

you don't typically go psychotic through master-to-student relationship that i know of

but some societies venerate the extreme-style initiation as more authentic
Old 22-05-2012, 11:38 AM
Reikichris

Attunements are a bit like learnign a song - you can make up your own song, or you can let someone sing it to you then you know what it goes like....

more on the song of life at my blog at cactuschris.wordpress.com

love
chris
Old 23-05-2012, 01:50 PM
Morganna

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll_ov_Grimness
Uma,
Again you show your ignorance

There are dozens, hundreds, thousands of documented cases of mania caused by kundalini awakening . It is a known fact and yoga masters often warn their clients about it.

But reiki masters do not
Well that is simply not true of all the Masters I know and especially mine. I also warn my clients that what ever is under the surface can and will come out before I do any work on them. You have obviously had a very bad experience with Reiki BUT you said yourself you were coming off medication at the time. THIS should have been the warning sign to the Reiki channel you saw. Did you tell them this? If you did then they should not have done any Reiki on you at all as I would have refused you until the medication was out of your system.
Old 23-05-2012, 02:16 PM
Morganna

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll_ov_Grimness
I've been through shinbyeong which might as well be reiki attunement
I had been told of reiki and wanted to do it by myself
Kundalini awakening from yoga is another similar thing

there are many different traditions but always the same story

yes you have to find attunement somehow
but it is incorrect that it must come from a master
Your first line there is the give away and I am surprised no-one else has picked it up. Reiki is Reiki......... You said yourself that you went through *shinbyeong* that is NOT Reiki.... The person who *attuned* you to this is to be shamed NOT Reiki.. You also speak of Kundalini this is also NOT Reiki so please do not confuse them as they are very different. I am sorry that this happened to you and you seem very bitter about it, maybe if you went to a real Reiki Channel and told them this then maybe they could help you through it.
Old 23-05-2012, 04:45 PM
Enya

Wow... I've attuned many people over the years... the worst responses to attunement were a bad headache, a sudden change to vegetarianism and a deep, deep cleansing of childhood abuse issues. Not, I might add, in one particular student! Psychosis, kundalini awakening... gee, I must be doing something wrong...

Btw, to answer the OP's question - we don't necessarily 'need' attunements. I've long held that once the choice is made, the student attunes themself. What a teacher provides is the ritual, history and how to give the healing, as well as support for people who have may no natural inclination toward working with healing energy.
Old 13-12-2012, 09:07 AM
littleangelite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
Hi kimmery,

I'm so glad to have an opportunity to share this as my spiritual teacher explained it so clearly to me.

Reiki literally means spiritual energy. Where does all this spiritual energy come from - the same energy that powers up the entire universe - all the planets and stars and every flower and everything? There is one Source. Everything emanates from that one Source.

In meditation we try to touch that Source - that is our highest God experience. But not everyone can do it, so we connect to that Source through beings who are directly connected to it all the time. That's the idea of attunement. It doesn't matter what lineage you go through as long as two criteria are met:

1. Your heart chakra must be open. This is what allows your energy field to enter the energy field of another person.

2. You are attuned to a person or the reiki symbols that in turn are connected to the Source.

All it takes to become attuned is a receiver and a transmission source. If your heart chakra is awakened and you are a willing receiver, you can connect with that transmission source. This could be Jesus - you don't have to pay $10,000 for an attunement (which is highway robbery if you ask me).

The way to test whether it is working is to try to reiki somebody. If you feel energy flowing through you and if they feel it too, you'll know you are powerfully attuned.

I detest how reiki has been packaged by marketeers who make it sound like you need this course and that course etc. Once you are attuned, you are attuned - the rest is just variations on a theme. If you want to waste your money this way, go ahead - that's your choice. I have no problem with paying someone for their time and services, but not for the energy - which belongs to all. That is free.

This is the answer i've been looking for. Started to experience something quite common everytime i do Reiki and other method of sending energy. Basically right hand and left leg will be super-hot. I sent to few people (some in other countries) they could feel the heat as well. Anyway, say if i want to send distant healing to someone to release of past traumas, should i use yellow light in visualization and 'touch' specific body parts?
Old 19-12-2012, 03:10 AM
Troll_ov_Grimness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morganna
Well that is simply not true of all the Masters I know and especially mine. I also warn my clients that what ever is under the surface can and will come out before I do any work on them. You have obviously had a very bad experience with Reiki BUT you said yourself you were coming off medication at the time. THIS should have been the warning sign to the Reiki channel you saw. Did you tell them this? If you did then they should not have done any Reiki on you at all as I would have refused you until the medication was out of your system.

Reality bites,
A review of reiki on youtube
and it is accurate to what the experience is like.

Harsh Lessons

Thoughts On Reiki So Far

Secondly,
I have listed the DSM-IV as a reference

The medical evidence exists.

And here is a network of licensed professionals
Spiritual Emergence.info