Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 08-02-2011, 10:45 PM
Experiencer
kool posts i have been wondering the same thing and stumbled across this i wondered how the first person was reiki attuned as i see the creation of the universe at some point something has to create itself as with reiki the first person would have to attune themselves to so i see no reason why it couldnt be done not to say that it shouldnt be done even if you just do it by asking your guides to attune u but then would they as they always do what is best for you
plus it is hard to tell the difference of channeled energy and reiki energy which is a good reason to find a good teacher as they will teach you how to use the energy and what should be done etc which is the difference between master and master/teacher
i have had a distance attunement not to reiki but to angels and after i can hear my angel guide alot clearer so i would say they worked for me
Old 09-02-2011, 02:01 AM
AngelBreeze

Hif brightlight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightlight
yes i have read a few storys about teachers making mistakes and the reiki guides saying to them we shall fix i dont understand why people should pay loads of money to be attuned when i think its everyones given right to become a healer and what a better world we would all live in if we all were healers dont you think at the end of the day its not about the money its about the healing xxx

Warm greetings, brightlight!

You ask about why people should be paying for attunements, etc.

Dr. Usui used to do Reiki for free at one time. That is, until he found that the people whom he had done Reiki for, whom he thought would change for the better, reverted to being back in the poor house so to speak and not having learned their lessons. This greatly puzzled him and he asked them what had happened. They replied to him that it was because it was much easier to live as they did than change. He then also found out that since they had not paid something for the Reiki they had received they could not fully appreciate the gift they had been given thus, did not take care of it properly. This caused him to start asking for an "energy exchange" which is for the time required to initiate the initiate or perform the Reiki. And one has to remember that even clergy has to receive money (through collection plates, donations, sales of religious items, etc.) for the spiritual work they do in churches otherwise how could they keep afloat and have money in order to pay their bills?

And indeed a Reiki practitioner or master does not charge for the Reiki. They charge for the time required to do the Reiki work. They too, one must remember, have to pay their bills and rent, expenses, etc. and if they all just gave it away for free they would not make any money to pay their bills and would soon have to stop doing Reiki for people who might otherwise depend on them for that spiritual service. Notwithstanding the fact that without a fee or energy exchange they would not be setting a proper example for people. In effect, people would then be led to believe that they should expect to get everything for free which is not the way it is.

So, there's a reason why these things are done the way they are and as you study more about Reiki I have no doubt that you will more readily understand in greater depth about this wonderful spiritual work.

Many blessings to you, brightlight!

Old 09-02-2011, 02:04 AM
Medium_Laura

That was the greatest way to explain it. It goes for a lot of work that we do with spirit. You pay for their time. Wonderfully said. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBreeze
Warm greetings, brightlight!

You ask about why people should be paying for attunements, etc.

Dr. Usui used to do Reiki for free at one time. That is, until he found that the people whom he had done Reiki for, whom he thought would change for the better, reverted to being back in the poor house so to speak and not having learned their lessons. This greatly puzzled him and he asked them what had happened. They replied to him that it was because it was much easier to live as they did than change. He then also found out that since they had not paid something for the Reiki they had received they could not fully appreciate the gift they had been given thus, did not take care of it properly. This caused him to start asking for an "energy exchange" which is for the time required to initiate the initiate or perform the Reiki. And one has to remember that even clergy has to receive money (through collection plates, donations, sales of religious items, etc.) for the spiritual work they do in churches otherwise how could they keep afloat and have money in order to pay their bills?

And indeed a Reiki practitioner or master does not charge for the Reiki. They charge for the time required to do the Reiki work. They too, one must remember, have to pay their bills and rent, expenses, etc. and if they all just gave it away for free they would not make any money to pay their bills and would soon have to stop doing Reiki for people who might otherwise depend on them for that spiritual service. Notwithstanding the fact that without a fee or energy exchange they would not be setting a proper example for people. In effect, people would then be led to believe that they should expect to get everything for free which is not the way it is.

So, there's a reason why these things are done the way they are and as you study more about Reiki I have no doubt that you will more readily understand in greater depth about this wonderful spiritual work.

Many blessings to you, brightlight!

Old 09-02-2011, 02:05 AM
Medium_Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyme2
kool posts i have been wondering the same thing and stumbled across this i wondered how the first person was reiki attuned as i see the creation of the universe at some point something has to create itself as with reiki the first person would have to attune themselves to so i see no reason why it couldnt be done not to say that it shouldnt be done even if you just do it by asking your guides to attune u but then would they as they always do what is best for you
plus it is hard to tell the difference of channeled energy and reiki energy which is a good reason to find a good teacher as they will teach you how to use the energy and what should be done etc which is the difference between master and master/teacher
i have had a distance attunement not to reiki but to angels and after i can hear my angel guide alot clearer so i would say they worked for me

Dr. Usui discovered Reiki during a mystical experience on Mt. Kurama, a sacred mountain north of Kyoto, Japan in March, 1922. A few months later he started a Reiki organization called the Usui Reiki Ryoho Gakkai which means “Usui Reiki Healing Society.” He also opened a Reiki clinic in Harajuku, Aoyama, Tokyo. There he taught classes and gave Reiki treatments. After the Great Kanto earthquake in 1923 the demand for Reiki was great and it was at this time that Usui began training other teachers.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:25 PM
brightlight

thank you for all your replys x
Old 09-02-2011, 05:31 PM
AngelBreeze

Reiki and the Energy Exchange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
That was the greatest way to explain it. It goes for a lot of work that we do with spirit. You pay for their time. Wonderfully said. :)

Very warm greetings, Medium_Laura!

Thank you for your comments. That is what I learned about Reiki when I was taking my classes and initiations. And ever since the time of Dr. Usui that this has been practiced, it has carried on into the present which allows everyone who wishes to receive Reiki, the ability to do so and give something back in exchange for the time required.

Have a Wonderful Day!
Old 09-02-2011, 06:01 PM
tragblack

It would seem to me that the spiritual energy of Reiki is intelligent, and also of God, so what makes it so different from other ways and forms of energy healing? What makes it so unobtainable without a masters' touch? As far as I can tell, healing energy is healing energy, and God is the main benefactor.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:48 PM
iolite

Brightlight....

I think that at one time you required a master to receive attunements. But now that the symbols are not secret anymore, anyone with the ability to meditate and visualize, can probably self-attune. I've got a document, somewhere on my hard drive that gives instruction for self attunement. Diane Stein also lays it out in her book: Essential Reiki.

Give it a try.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:06 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
Dr. Usui discovered Reiki during a mystical experience on Mt. Kurama, a sacred mountain north of Kyoto, Japan in March, 1922. A few months later he started a Reiki organization called the Usui Reiki Ryoho Gakkai which means “Usui Reiki Healing Society.” He also opened a Reiki clinic in Harajuku, Aoyama, Tokyo. There he taught classes and gave Reiki treatments. After the Great Kanto earthquake in 1923 the demand for Reiki was great and it was at this time that Usui began training other teachers.
ty for this info medium laura i have been searching for this for a while
Old 11-02-2011, 06:54 PM
AngelBreeze

Reiki Difference From Other Energy Modalities

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragblack
It would seem to me that the spiritual energy of Reiki is intelligent, and also of God, so what makes it so different from other ways and forms of energy healing? What makes it so unobtainable without a masters' touch? As far as I can tell, healing energy is healing energy, and God is the main benefactor.

Greetings tragblack!

Good to hear from you. You ask an excellent question! The spiritual energy of Reiki IS intelligent! It knows exactly where to go and in what amount, etc. And it is very much under the control of God since it is spiritual healing energy.

The answer to your question about what makes it different from other energy modalities is that besides Reiki having its own rich history and lineage as well as techniques, Reiki is the only complementary spiritual energy modality whereby a person has to actually receive attunements or an initiation besides instruction.

As to your question regarding what makes it " .... unobtainable ....", as you put it, without a master administering it? The master himself (or herself) has taken the time (and paid money or other form of energy exchange) in order to received the initiations and proper training in Reiki in order to be able to transfer elements of the energy so as to interact with the individual's energy system to fully activate Reiki.

It is important to understand that this is a very special process whereby a new initiate becomes fully committed to Reiki as part of their initiation rite by the master and learns how to administer Reiki to others when they have studied and have been initiated into the First Degree. With the Second Degree they can also administer Reiki. A person would also be able to teach Reiki to others and initiate or attune them, as well as conduct a Reiki session if they have also been trained and initiated into the Third Degree in Reiki which is the master-teacher level. Those with the lower degrees cannot teach or initiate others into Reiki in The Usui System.

Reiki cannot be learned by reading books, viewing films, visiting websites, etc. It has to be learned in the proper manner in order to be effective, and that involves having a qualified, certified Reiki master to teach Reiki to the new initiate and then initiate them into Reiki. So you see, this is not just something simple whereby one can just pick up a flyer or brochure describing Reiki and say they now feel led to do Reiki and that they have Reiki. Nothing would be further from the truth and they would be using their own energy if they tried to do anything, but it would not be Reiki. In actuality, the grand lineage of Reiki masters along with their own training and expertise must be passed on to those who wish to learn it and be initiated into it, as well as practice it and it does take time, commitment, effort, and practice to be learned properly.

You are right in that healing energy is healing energy and It Does Come From God! Therefore, the recipient as well as the person administering the Reiki can both benefit from a Reiki session together. While God should always get all of the credit for whatever help is obtained or derived from Reiki.

Thank you for your questions and have an absolutely wonderful day!