Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature > Animals

Old 12-09-2011, 05:09 PM
Master
Fluffy was my last cat I ever had and he was my first indoor cat, thank goodness. I'm sure Fluffy would love to cuddle, not so sure about Axel, she was a sleek black gal, they used to chase each other up and down the staircase, they were delightful. My Rajah is another of my most beloved pets. When I worked at home, he'd sit on my shoulder while I typed. When he got too big for that, he rested on my transcribing machine. And when he got too big for that, he'd lay at my feet. I have wonderful memories of them!

Old 12-09-2011, 05:19 PM
Knower
It sounds like you have had some lovely animals!

So have you decided not to have anymore?
Old 12-09-2011, 05:24 PM
Master
I'm going through a phase, a very long one, lol. I get a lot of comfort just reading about people's pets and animals here and elsewhere. Maybe some day ~ and would like very much to live in a much more rural setting than I am now.

Old 12-09-2011, 06:03 PM
Master
Sorry to hear about the little fella Ailurophile, though I must admit when You mentioned his back legs yesterday I kinda feared the worst but tried to be positive. I'm sure he's more peaceful now and that he'll be reborn.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:38 PM
Knower
To be honest Lazarus I felt the same but I wanted so badly for him to be free of all his problems and I suppose he is now.

I just kept waiting and hoping for the day he would be free of ringworm and I could hold him to my face and kiss him and cuddle him and show him what a wonderful love was waiting for him. I kept imagining the day someone would come and take him and he would go to a home and finally feel safe.

I spent everyday with him for over six months and I watched this wonderful little character form from this tiny scared little shell and watched him let me into his world and accept me.

Everything he had been through I wanted him to have his happy ending but he never got it and I couldn't be there for him in his last moments and tell him it would be okay.

But when I saw he couldn't use his legs I knew really that he wasn't living the life he would have wanted to live and now his suffering has finally ended but he really has left a space in me.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:01 PM
Guide
Oh Ailurophile,

Our little Chicle is better now than he ever was in his sad earthy life. I write it but my heart is pouring big tears for him, my sweet one.

Be his beautiful and innocent spirit in peace and surrounded by love now.

Love and light for you too, dear Ailurophile,

TISS
Old 12-09-2011, 10:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile
To be honest Lazarus I felt the same but I wanted so badly for him to be free of all his problems and I suppose he is now.

I just kept waiting and hoping for the day he would be free of ringworm and I could hold him to my face and kiss him and cuddle him and show him what a wonderful love was waiting for him. I kept imagining the day someone would come and take him and he would go to a home and finally feel safe.

I spent everyday with him for over six months and I watched this wonderful little character form from this tiny scared little shell and watched him let me into his world and accept me.

Everything he had been through I wanted him to have his happy ending but he never got it and I couldn't be there for him in his last moments and tell him it would be okay.

But when I saw he couldn't use his legs I knew really that he wasn't living the life he would have wanted to live and now his suffering has finally ended but he really has left a space in me.

Oh Ailurophile, I do sympathise. I feel the energy You'd clearly imparted, the care given and the visualisation just described would have given Him the best a chance of pulling through but alas it seemingly just wasn't meant to be this time. Don't be too down about it, and certainly no guilt for not being able to be there !!

Personally I do believe its all part of a greater process that is doubtlessly difficult to comprehend and it's difficult to express this but, the sadness experienced could merely be due to a lack of understanding of this process, although that's not to say it's a bad thing.

I guess what I'm trying to say, albeit badly, is that this really might have been what was for the best, and maybe even necessary in order that the little guy might go on to all that You'd hoped and dreamed and perhaps more, as part of a bigger picture that We just can't see at the moment. In the great scheme of things.
Old 13-09-2011, 10:37 AM
shandy61

Hi Ailurophile
I'm so so sorry to hear the sad news about the little chap. But I know that he knew he was loved & cared for & all he'll have done is gone to sleep & when he woke he'd be in a lovely place with all our other beloved pets & he'll be free of his timidnes & fear now & most probaly playing hell with his new friends.
I had a similar thing happen with one of my cats, in that they had to put her to sleep on the operating table & I felt guilty for not being there with her when she passed over, but when I thought about it I realised that I was being selfish & she was far off not being brought round so that I could be there when she was put to sleep. What happened was far better for her & also for Chicle.
You do so much good every day for all the cats in your care, keep up your brilliant work & know that the little fella is at peace now
Big hug to you
S
x
Old 13-09-2011, 08:00 PM
Knower
Thank you all so much, you kind words and thoughts have really helped me to see this horrible time as something more positive.

When I cleaned the quarantine today and I saw his empty cage I thought about the new life now that he is leading and I was glad that he has gone on to a better place where I really believe he is at peace now.

I have had times like this before working at the shelter and really struggled to deal with the emotions without an out for them as I try not to discuss it with the helpers or my boyfriend as it only upsets them. Having the support from all of you has really made such a difference for me and I hope to be able to return the favour to you all one day in the future.
Old 13-09-2011, 10:11 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile
Thank you all so much, you kind words and thoughts have really helped me to see this horrible time as something more positive.

When I cleaned the quarantine today and I saw his empty cage I thought about the new life now that he is leading and I was glad that he has gone on to a better place where I really believe he is at peace now.

I have had times like this before working at the shelter and really struggled to deal with the emotions without an out for them as I try not to discuss it with the helpers or my boyfriend as it only upsets them. Having the support from all of you has really made such a difference for me and I hope to be able to return the favour to you all one day in the future.

I have already said it before, but I say it again: you have got a beautiful soul Ailurophile.

All my blessings to you.