Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 23-05-2017, 08:18 PM
Pathfinder

The dark side

This is something I doubt many people want to think or talk about. Is it possible to spend hundreds of lifetimes moving towards the light, then get dragged down to hell in a single lifetime. If you spent thousands of lifetimes evolving into a more loving being, then you reach a lifetime of being a spiritual master, whats to stop the darkness corrupting you and flipping you to the other side then all that progress gets lost?
Old 23-05-2017, 08:43 PM
Knower
What really gets lost, your progress or your momentum?
Old 23-05-2017, 11:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveAllBeings
This is something I doubt many people want to think or talk about. Is it possible to spend hundreds of lifetimes moving towards the light, then get dragged down to hell in a single lifetime. If you spent thousands of lifetimes evolving into a more loving being, then you reach a lifetime of being a spiritual master, whats to stop the darkness corrupting you and flipping you to the other side then all that progress gets lost?

Hi there
I don't really think that it works like that. However bottom line this is my belief. I believe in karma being fair and just. Darkness can't flip you in one life because we bring the gifts and lessons that we learnt in each life with us. Even if you went bad in one of the lifetimes it would need to be mega bad to be dragged down to anything. The way I see it you would just come back and start again with the new lesson in place. We all flip flop between lessons anyway and some of them are harder for us to learn than others. I also think that we create the blueprints that we run by in any lifetime so it'd be down to the individual...

I guess the main thing here is that it's as short as it is long and everyone is going to have a different perspective on this.

Great question btw
Old 24-05-2017, 03:25 AM
Suspended
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveAllBeings

Yes...Depending on your belief's!

Kind Regards Billy.
Old 24-05-2017, 04:25 AM
Experiencer
Old 24-05-2017, 04:26 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenofthrees
What really gets lost, your progress or your momentum?

I believe only momentum is lost, I do not think it is possible for a human soul to lose all progress in the blink of an eye. If it was really that easy to lose your progress, it is doubtful anyone would make it at all.
Old 23-06-2017, 10:24 PM
boshy b. good

respect yourself at soulful. what is dat ?
don't throw yourself - that's what. does
that make sense. what if we are fit "and
feel fit" that a way - to us and our own
and our extended own - right - try is on.
that's important to me too - cute at a
take. cute at a you take. at da measures

try as on

try as on

Last edited by boshy b. good : 23-06-2017 at 11:24 PM.
Old 23-06-2017, 10:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahriman
I believe only momentum is lost, I do not think it is possible for a human soul to lose all progress in the blink of an eye. If it was really that easy to lose your progress, it is doubtful anyone would make it at all.

Agreed...nothing is lost.

But for certain it sux losing your momentum too...for whatever reason.
Sometimes it is just encountering vastly more difficult challenges for your particular soul.

And this has been known to throw even the hardiest and strongest of souls...who may find themselves giving into despair or being severely burdened by it. There is nothing else for it...some lifetimes are particularly hard and you do lose some momentum.

But luckily, your lessons and your strength is always bolstered. So if you are burdened by despair or other difficult challenges in the next go-round as well, you have some fortitude and experience and some wisdom in that particular area to help yourself out.

A lot of which involves owning your pain, loving yourself as you are, working hard to give love and kindness to those you love and to humanity in general where able (service to anyone of us does wonders for all manner of despair), and by asking the guides for help with healing or mending a broken channel or even just in easing the pain, just for that moment.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 24-06-2017, 08:04 AM
Lorelyen

Food for thought, this one.

I'm not sure the dark side is inevitably bad or corrupt. It's the "dark side"
and we all have one as part of our make up. As we spiritually evolve we draw
chunks of it out into the light by examining and evaluating it, discarding or
changing it into something useful. It teaches us many lessons about ourselves,
both our courage and/or sense of adventure that prompts us to go there
and from what we find and do.

One of those nuisance limits of human perception concerns limitless light in
limitless darkness so I've supposed the further reaches of the dark are there
to explore (including between lifetimes, as my gnostic belief allows me - but
that is just my belief). Whether such darkness can encroach, I don't know.
I'd find it difficult to decide whether some aspect of my dark was there all
along or is it something new that's encroached?

No matter, one has to put on the Crusader mantle and go deal with it.
Courage arises out of a wish to defeat fear so....needs must.

Old 24-06-2017, 08:49 AM
boshy b. good

what does what bring to da table - processeastical