Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 12-02-2015, 11:34 AM
Pathfinder

Trouble seeing

I'm fairly new to AP but have read several articles on it. I've had a few good APs but lately I've found it really hard to get vision.

I've tried saying things like "give me clarity, give me more light, give me vision" but not had a lot of success. Needless to say the AP doesn't last very long.

Any other ideas?
Old 12-02-2015, 05:07 PM
bliss

try doing some energy work before astral projection, like Robert Bruce explains in his free e-book (see my signature). any form of energy storage would work, doesn't have to be Bruce methods - you can simply inhale cosmic energy from the Source and exhale it thru the whole body, that way your whole body is more saturated with divine energy. ) As you exhale, it removes blockages and some of the energy remains in your astral body and it builds up, giving you more stay in the astral, more vision.
Old 12-02-2015, 08:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini Girl
I'm fairly new to AP but have read several articles on it. I've had a few good APs but lately I've found it really hard to get vision.

I've tried saying things like "give me clarity, give me more light, give me vision" but not had a lot of success. Needless to say the AP doesn't last very long.

Any other ideas?
Indeed saying such things as clarity now and so forth are rather useless. If you stand there saying them non-stop until your vision automatically corrects itself then does that mean they worked? I think not but unfortunately many others pretend that is the truth. Something to consider is that through dreaming and projecting we can shift into a multitude of bodies and dimensions. Many of those bodies having varying degrees of vision, hearing, and so forth. Regardless what I suggest doing is just staying still and sitting down and relaxing when you're unable to so, personally if my vision does not correct itself I will meditate and just relax and eventually my vision will return. It could be a matter of getting used to the mechanics and senses of other bodies and dimensions, or it could just be a temporary state of blindness as I know I have experienced those as well. Either way I have found that relaxing and staying still always seems to fix it eventually.
Old 12-02-2015, 08:12 PM
Ascender
When I first astral projected I found it hard to see in the astral realm, I found it that I can try not to see with my eyes and see with my 3rd eye, using my senses to map out the realm I was visiting. Sounds weird but if you think about it isn't that the right thing to do. You are trying to see physically but in the realm there is no physical everything is energy; its not about lighting the place up its about focusing on what you can already see.

I don't know if it makes sense in writing in my head it sounds perfect
Old 12-02-2015, 08:19 PM
Master

Saying I can see is excellent. It works for me every time but it does not always happen instantly. Have you said I can see about five or six times. You must believe that it will work otherwise it will not happen.
Old 13-02-2015, 07:26 AM
Pathfinder

Thank you all for your suggestions.

bliss: I will definitely try some energy work before astral projection. That's probably my main problem

Astral Explorer: if you sat down and relaxed during AP wouldn't you tend to go back to your physical body and wake?

vitaraq18: great suggestion. I never thought about using my 3rd eye. I don't know much about it but will look into it.
Old 14-02-2015, 12:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini Girl
Astral Explorer: if you sat down and relaxed during AP wouldn't you tend to go back to your physical body and wake?
It's actually quite the opposite and is usually movement that causes a person to end a projection. A lack of movement usually leads to a longer projection which is why most of my longest projections occurred when I had a being carrying me around or I remained completely still. During a dream or projection sometimes if you move a certain part of your body or in general in a certain way it will cause the projection to end, learning to identify the signs and symptoms of this before you make that movement becomes a skill on its own actually. It's a very important skill because it allows one to have much longer projections much more frequently than they would otherwise. I have learned to identify that if I move say my arm too quickly or exert too much force trying to do so that I will accidently end the projection and so for example when my arm is stuck on something and I know that if I try and get it free I will end a projection I simply ask a being around me to move my arm for me. Most people say that if you think about your physical body during a dream or projection that you will automatically go back to your physical body, maybe that is true for some people but it's definitely not true for me. I could have a projection lasting upwards of 30 minutes while thinking about my physical body the entire time if necessary.

As another person suggested developing your third-eye will certainly help your astral vision in the future. But I know in my own personal experience it's certainly not necessary to be able to see. What I suggested works because you're relaxing and it allows your third-eye to relax and work as it should. When you're frantic, moving around, and so forth it's a lot harder for your third-eye to start working in my own personal experience. A lot of people will just end a projection after they are unable to see for a few seconds, this I highly advise against. Sometimes it can take up to a couple minutes before you'll be able to see so no matter what happens just relax and I am sure eventually things will start appearing. It's interesting because many times in my dreams and projections I will accidently blink and it makes everything go black for a little bit, usually around 5-30 seconds for me personally. But I know it's not necessarily the eyes that I blinked that are doing the seeing because in many cases I will keep them closed and after that 5-30 seconds my vision returns and I am able to see even though the eyes of the body I am in are technically closed. So it's definitely the "third-eye" or some other sense that allows us to see at least in bodies and dimensions we experience in dreams and projections. Saying things like "clarity now" is an indirect and amateur way at focusing your third-eye and your senses that allow you to see in these dimensions, it's for people that want instant gratification instead of doing the work necessary and training themselves in the necessary skills. It's much wiser and will help out more in the long run if you actually teach yourself how to activate and/or focus your third-eye on your own by relaxing, staying still, and meditating if necessary.

A lot of the dimensions we can experience in dreams and projections hold some similarities to the physical dimension we live in and as I'm sure you know a blind person saying "clarity now" in this dimension over and over again is pointless unless they have the capability of seeing to begin with. Eventually your vision will return and saying some statement that will make you look ridiculous in the dimensions we're speaking about over and over again is pointless because with or without those statements you will have the same results either way. And once your vision does return you might look around and find yourself in the middle of a classroom full of people or some other public place, and I'm sure you can imagine how you will look to them after saying some ridiculous statement out loud.
Old 14-02-2015, 09:17 PM
Pathfinder

Thank you so much Astral Explorer for your reply. Always love seeing your posts. I never thought about relaxing in an AP before. Everything I've read so far says you should keep active, keep looking at objects, palpating, etc. to keep the 'momentum' going. Next time I will try to relax as you suggest.