Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 09-04-2011, 06:17 PM
LadyImpreza1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by DulcePoetica
Aw Lady, give a gal a break! What do you have against us married folks?? I genuinely think if you were married you would be able to view it differently. Marriage is no bigger an obstacle than thousands of miles or a bad attitude. People get divorced every day for stupid things, why is it so difficult to imagine people would get divorced for such a profound reason as realizing you are sharing your inner sanctuary with a different partner?

Anyone who has experienced the feeling of meeting their divine counterpart knows there is no going back after that. It is not possible to erase that visceral knowledge from your consciousness, so knowing it and then being forced to live the rest of your life without ever 'tasting' it again, that is just mean. Quite simply: cold hearted and punishing. I am just not able to adopt a belief system that suggests that a divine hand would build such an inescapable torture chamber and willfully place unwitting souls into it, sorry.

Instead, I view meeting this person as an introduction to a higher consciousness; an invitation to both of us. It seems to me that any two can be together if they are both willing to make sacrifices and do the work necessary for it to happen. Saying "These obstacles prove it is not meant to be." is too easy a cop out I think. People often blame destiny when they just aren't personally ready to make big changes in their lives.

I have nothing against married people. But I also believe if you chose to marry someone in this life, then chances are, you contracted WITH that soul prior to this lifetime for a reason. If someone goes against that contract to be with their twin soul, then all you do is create negative karma. Thats karma you would have to turn around and clear before you can be with your twin soul and the relationship be successful.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:45 AM
Master
This is my take on it and I'll no doubt cop flack for speaking my own truth ( and i did say my own truth).

Every single poster here are all speaking in terms of externalising and separating. I don't believe in soul contracts, or what most see as tf or soulmate. I've been through this very marriage myself and I can say its way off this planet to experience. I had no name tag for it, nor did i care to have one.

Whatever relationship we get into is all about who we are as a person and what we're thinking and feeling...law of attraction...what goes on inside is projected out externally and draws toward us that very energy we're emitting.

IMO...what we class as 'tfs' is the awakening of oneself and the realisation that one is more then just a bag of bones. Wherever one is at spiritually is what is attracted in. So if you've completed the largest part of inner work then it may happen that another in the same space will be drawn to you and you will both enjoy that completeness together. If the other is not of that same compatible energy then they won't recognise it within you in the first place, so its doubtful you will get on together. That could be why you notice those odd behaviours like not gelling or 'running away'.

tf is the Self now experiencing its own spirit reflected through another. The problem being that we, as humans, tend to get caught up in the romantic side of it all and lose sight of what is really going on. Two equal energies coming together to be given the opportunity to 'see' their own reflections at work and use that to work together in authentic power for the higher good.

Cheers
Old 10-04-2011, 06:37 AM
LadyImpreza1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSpirit
This is my take on it and I'll no doubt cop flack for speaking my own truth ( and i did say my own truth).

Every single poster here are all speaking in terms of externalising and separating. I don't believe in soul contracts, or what most see as tf or soulmate. I've been through this very marriage myself and I can say its way off this planet to experience. I had no name tag for it, nor did i care to have one.

Whatever relationship we get into is all about who we are as a person and what we're thinking and feeling...law of attraction...what goes on inside is projected out externally and draws toward us that very energy we're emitting.

IMO...what we class as 'tfs' is the awakening of oneself and the realisation that one is more then just a bag of bones. Wherever one is at spiritually is what is attracted in. So if you've completed the largest part of inner work then it may happen that another in the same space will be drawn to you and you will both enjoy that completeness together. If the other is not of that same compatible energy then they won't recognise it within you in the first place, so its doubtful you will get on together. That could be why you notice those odd behaviours like not gelling or 'running away'.

tf is the Self now experiencing its own spirit reflected through another. The problem being that we, as humans, tend to get caught up in the romantic side of it all and lose sight of what is really going on. Two equal energies coming together to be given the opportunity to 'see' their own reflections at work and use that to work together in authentic power for the higher good.

Cheers

Stellar post.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:56 PM
Master
Nightspirit

you are right on. I do feel for all the pain that is in this thread. It's so intense to read and hard to understand.

zipzip
Old 12-04-2011, 03:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutedBlue
This connection came into my life over a year ago. It is exactly how you are describing, but it turned out I was manipulated. I met someone who had the ability to make anyone feel like they were that person's twin flame, and I didn't find that out until I was already attached. I could not untangle what was real and what wasn't. It all felt so real. That's how good this person was at making you feel that way. I found this out after I was told of the past relationships who all felt this person was their soulmate.

I still believe in this phenomenon, but how can I get past the distrust of thinking I might meet another person like this again?

Muted Blue,

I really feel for you. I can feel the pain in this post. You did not deserve to be manipulated (no one does)

Take your time and just work on yourself. Get happy and content with yourself. You will find someone who cares and loves you for you. I don't understand this twinflame/soulmate thing, but don't let that be a guide to a relationship. Many people are happy together without the intensity of a soulmate attachment to it.

zipzip
Old 29-05-2011, 05:22 PM
Ningal

Hi Nader, beautiful post. But you know, there are different circumstances in life. Very ofter TFs born in different countries. And not everyone has a chance or money to move to his/her tf etc. So people have to live with these feelings and find strength sometimes to stop the "obsession" with their TF. Because in fact we all have to learn to be independent too, not necessary to jump into fire just to be with tf.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:59 PM
Nader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningal
Hi Nader, beautiful post. But you know, there are different circumstances in life. Very ofter TFs born in different countries. And not everyone has a chance or money to move to his/her tf etc. So people have to live with these feelings and find strength sometimes to stop the "obsession" with their TF. Because in fact we all have to learn to be independent too, not necessary to jump into fire just to be with tf.

Yes, I know exactly what you mean, I've also been through the different country issue and of course the lack of funds in order to proceed therefore I agree, it can be a problem. But I don't think its a good enough reason to stop the obsession since every barrier that intervenes between the twin flames is only meant to be a test in which you suceed or you fail to prove yourself that you are worthy for such a divine union. *and of course you pass it if you manage to live through all those things while keeping the connection alive*

Just a few people in this whole world have the chance to get with their twin flames but only half of them actually do, and its really because the other half is constantly fighting with ego based problems that are soon going to turn into the main reason why its never going to work, so I strongly believe that it depends on the person.

If you get awakened one day, and you realize that your twin flame is here on this earth with you, then there shouldn't be anything more important than that as it clearly means that you are one of those few people in this whole world that actually have a mission to accomplish and a message to deliver. So jumping in the fire for your twin flame is definitely more important than anything else, that's something to think about.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:29 PM
Volune

Er. The books that say twin flames and soul mates do not exist is really on the topic about the modified and easily-confused theories about twin flames and soul mates. Also, the book is inaccurate and does not cover all types of love, so it can't contain the information for what twin flames are about.

There are many reasons why others want to ignore their love:
1. promises and lures of trap
2. actual change phases of self's horror and flaws like "get away from someone before he or she is killed by the power that can hardly be controlled"
3. the constant struggles to keep twin flames, and soul mates aside and be of separate beings
4. complains and depreciation because in the viewpoints, it hardly matters what twin flame think like ego causing self-center actions to poison the those around one
5. fear of the unknown...to many, still love is a vice rather something like a ray of hope
Questions?
Old 06-06-2011, 09:38 PM
Ningal

Nader, you are right. I agree. I could never leave my tf. What I learned through my own experience is that however strong our feelings for our tf are (and of course they are extremely intense) - we are very often too much into destructive emotions. Did not you think that separation can be also MEANT to be a separationa and a lesson to control yourself and live without your tf nowing he is here. The mission (lesson) can be completed together even without seeing each other face to face. We always want the best for us- we want happiness and joy, re-uniting etc. .. But life sometimes teaches to accept another side.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:51 PM
Tindra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nader
I`m constantly reading about so many people that go through suffering and depression for years because they choose not to accept the connection and later on they try to 'cut the cord'.

Like Internal Queries, I tried to cut the cord and experienced anguish that was something I never imaged could exist. It was as if someone had flipped a switch, there was no transition at all from depressing thoughts to feeling a bit sad to worse, but immediate. The pain was unbearable. It was the emotional equivalent of pouring gasoline over myself and lighting a match. I tried to resist it, for hours, but I just couldn't. When I gave up and opened up again, the pain stopped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nader
So I`m wondering why ? What exactly is so hard to live with ? Why cant people just accept it regardless of bad aspects and intensity ? and also, why do some turn into runners ?

I suppose it is to avoid possible heartbreak.

Last edited by Tindra : 07-06-2011 at 06:20 PM.