Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 09-06-2011, 04:25 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Banned in Denmark, along with Marmite

the other, most likely to not be eaten item, Marmite !

no suggestions, Norseman ?

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 09-06-2011, 04:28 AM
Deactivated Account

Silvergirl ~ I like the half frozen yogurt idea. Hmmm, an apple a day keeps the doctor away, or does it ? So many varieties to choose from, I never know which one to choose.

jackie - b ~ at the moment, grits seems to be the " porridge " of choice, or cream of wheat, I always liked that on cold mornings.

Kaere ~ oh yes, chicken soup, did you know they now have creamy chicken noodle and it is pretty good !

Expect Miracles !

Old 09-06-2011, 04:30 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilishAngel
If I don't feel like I won't, even if I'm hungry, I'm quite stubborn.
But then I eat when I'm not hungry because I feel like tasting something....I'm eating tootsie rolls now, I'm not hungry.....I can't help you here

Creative reply ! thank you anyways

always time for chocolate !

Expect Miracles !

Old 09-06-2011, 04:33 AM
Deactivated Account

yes James, a Snickers bar would satisfy !

I like the cheese and crackers or cheese and apple idea Squatch, apples being healthier than the crackers !

Expect Miracles !

Old 09-06-2011, 04:41 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by athribiristan
I go through cycles where food just doesn't appeal. I try to stick to my regular diet as best I can but I inevitably end up skipping meals and leaving out snacks. I end up eating things that I can just grab and eat like yogurt, sandwiches, bagels, cereal, granola mix, string cheese, because I feel even less like making food than I do like eating it. Then I go the other way and eat everything in sight for a couple of days, and then I level out for a while.

Very strange cycle but I've learned to live with it.

athribiristan ~ we really need to think of a shorter nickname for you ! I have the hardest time remembering how to spell your name.

I wouldn't say your eating cycle is that strange, sounds like a good mix of a variety of foods. I would have to agree with you, when food doesn't appeal, neither does fixing food. And have you ever gone grocery shopping, when everything in the store just makes one feel ill ? cheaper I guess then when everything sounds appealing !

Expect Miracles !

Old 09-06-2011, 08:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
oh no NightSpirit !
I knew someone would mention vegemite (being psychic you know, lol )

I hear this is an acquired taste ?

Dream Angel xx

Yes it is an acquired taste (and I was being serious with post). We aussie's literally cut our teeth on it. It's very healthy and a good all-round spread to fill in the gaps.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by surrendertotheflow
I am a healthy eater UNLESS I am being a grazer. On the days I eat right, I eat very healthy for the whole day. On the days I don't feel like eating, I graze all day, don't eat enough calories or the right foods. I like cold cuts sometimes, I prefer cold stuff during the day and hot meal at night. Breakfast is my biggest problem. I do not like pastries, donuts, a lot of different cereals, I'm just not big on all that stuff. So for breakfast I usually have cereal, oatmeal, or if I'm feeling froggy I'll make myself a breakfast burrito with eggs and sausage.

I love vegetables, but I'm not a big fan of fruit. I don't know why. I find them to be yummy, but I can't get enough desire to eat them. I rarely eat fruit, so I try to eat more veggies. I LOVE salad.

When it comes to junk food though, I'm all over salty stuff, popcorn or chips!!

Okay thanks. I'm not a breakie person either and you do better then me in that department.

Here are a few aussie suggestions for you.
1. B'fast on grazing days......dry weetbix spread with butter and/or sprinkled with a touch of sugar. (of course, I would add vegemite).
2. Toast with slices of advocado, or tomato, or just butter, or a spread.
3. Don't like toast? Try toasted crumpets.
4. I was going to suggest grapefruit but you said you're not fussed on fruit.
5. A slice of thick bread with cheese and another favoured topping grilled lightly.

Lunch....
1. A packet of instant flavoured noodles. Add diced chicken, shallots, chilli (if you like it), diced mushrooms and cook over a stove-top.
2. Slices of french bread or turkish bread (yum) lightly grilled with your favourite toppings and some lettuce and/or hot chips on the side.
3. Pasta cabanara or similar.
4. Fresh salad with a selection of cold-cut sliced meats and breadnbutter/bread roll on the side.
5. A plate of crackers, salami sticks, cheese slices, a few grapes/or slices of melon. Let your imagination do the picking.

Cheers
Old 09-06-2011, 01:56 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSpirit
Yes it is an acquired taste (and I was being serious with post). We aussie's literally cut our teeth on it. It's very healthy and a good all-round spread to fill in the gaps.

NightSpirit ~ there are no gaps in my teeth ! guess I don't need the vegemite, hee hee

oh I know you were being serious with the first post, if I recall there was almost a whole thread about the subject, somewhere

Expect Miracles !

Old 10-06-2011, 01:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
NightSpirit ~ there are no gaps in my teeth ! guess I don't need the vegemite, hee hee

oh I know you were being serious with the first post, if I recall there was almost a whole thread about the subject, somewhere

But then, one needs to ask...."how serious can aussie's be?"
Old 10-06-2011, 01:25 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSpirit
But then, one needs to ask...."how serious can aussie's be?"

that is a question I ponder about daily ! keeps me awake nights, lol !

Expect Miracles !