Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 03-08-2014, 01:57 AM
Caleb

Post The "Death" Teachings: Making Peace With Transition and Realizing Eternal Life

Blessings.

There is a way in which the human mind may use "death" as a vehicle to arrive at a powerful understanding of Eternal Life, or that which some refer to as "Heaven," "Source" or the "Eternal Now." The names themselves do not matter, for in this awareness there is a sense of liberation and peace that is seen to be never-ending, no matter what appears to happen in the outer reflection of one's world. This sense of peaceful assurance is like a soft and gentle breeze in the background of a noisy carnival; if you are not distracted by the flashing lights and sounds around you, you may notice and appreciate the calming wind that touches you.

Likewise, there is a graceful movement within you, like a gentle wind that never leaves you, my friends, and you may learn to relax your mind enough to take notice of it. In honoring yourself in this way, you may learn to make peace with your present situation, more and more, which allows you to see beyond any surface appearances of your human experience that your attention may be fixed upon. This is how one may appreciate both the "outer" and the "inner" at the same time, which is true appreciation, ultimately seeing both as One.

With a higher understanding of Oneness, the student of life sees through the illusion of death, for death is a great teacher who helps us better understand Eternal Life, Infinite Consciousness, when we allow it to serve this purpose in our life experience. "Death" is transition, in that with each new moment of life, the previous moment "dies" in our awareness of it. What has happened to the "previous" moment? It actually goes nowhere. It is just that the mind's creation of time has shifted to awareness of another moment, and another moment, and another moment, and on and on this goes for the mind that creates this sense of linear flow. Understand, friends, that all moments (perspectives) are present within Eternity (and with practice one may learn to master time and space with greater awareness and with grace).

I extend my awareness of this moment in a warm embrace to all, as we are One Infinite Mind, each incarnated as an "individual" perspective of the One. I am sharing here what I have been inspired to call "The 'Death' Teachings," which is simply an invitation for further expansion of consciousness within the Eternal Now of Infinity. May the inquiries begin!
Old 03-08-2014, 02:14 AM
AeternaLight

Thank you for that, it is interesting. I see death the way you do. Sometimes I feel the world stand still. Its fleeting, but it feels like a glimpse of something beyond the veil of what i normally feel. I am usually attached to my body and that feeling of the world stopping actually scares me but i wonder if thats the norm for some people. Im wondering what this is. Care to share your thoughts?
Old 03-08-2014, 06:53 AM
Caleb

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyblah
Thank you for that, it is interesting. I see death the way you do. Sometimes I feel the world stand still. Its fleeting, but it feels like a glimpse of something beyond the veil of what i normally feel. I am usually attached to my body and that feeling of the world stopping actually scares me but i wonder if thats the norm for some people. Im wondering what this is. Care to share your thoughts?

Blessings and welcome, happyblah, my friend. It is my faith that you may feel served and comforted by some of the following ideas:

Bodily attachment is precisely what engenders fear of the mystery of life and death. Life, too, because the fear of death is actually a fear of life, not really death, since death (transition and transformation) is an element of life as experienced in a field of time and space, and this constant process of transition (which some call "dying every moment") is actually something that we generally do not fear as much as the notion of Eternal Life.

It is not actually death that humans fear and seek to escape; rather it is Eternal Life.

"Stopping the world" is an ancient shamanic teaching of learning to perceive beyond surface appearances, by the way. You are very wise in honestly bringing up your fear and belief in regards to this, for it represents a major area of expansion of consciousness and healing for you. In fact, your simple mention of it is in itself reflective of a very open mind.

It is my suggestion that you probe further into the recesses of your mind, carrying with you the Light of the world that you are, trusting that you will receive more valuable insight into how you may gracefully heal any fear that relates to perceiving beyond your physical body, since the body represents but part of your true Self. On my part, I will continue to elucidate areas of exploration and healing of consciousness in this thread for as long as I am inspired to do so.

You are in the middle of a grand expansion. The type of perception/fear that you mentioned is indeed perceived as "the norm" by most people, in my understanding, due to heavy bodily/personality attachment, but it is not something that may stop you nor anyone else from expanding consciousness, once this belief has been brought to the Light, which I see you as doing, which is really why you were inspired to find this thread.

May you be served in this sharing, my friend. Blessings.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:30 AM
Caleb

Discovering the Core Fear of Death

Consider that the deeper fear is not of what we often call the "unknown" or the "mystery," but rather we generally fear what is already known to us intuitively by our Higher Self, which is our Spiritual Perfection.

It is our Light (Divine Awareness) that is most feared, my friends, not our darkness (ignorance)!

Why? Simply because there is a part of consciousness (which some call "ego" or the "unconscious") which holds a stubborn belief in separation from its Source and separation from others, because it usually "trusts" in what its physical senses show it as being absolute truth, which appears to be a reality of separate bodies and separate minds.

This "ego," which simply means "I," fears its own end, its own "death," which is actually a fear of the Divine Light, because there really is no "I" in Divine Light, which is another term for Oneness. Only from a perspective that appears to the human mind to be an experience of being distanced from others and from the Divine Light is it possible for the reality of "physical existence," which indeed is a gift, an opportunity for the incarnated soul to learn to live joyously and awaken to its True Nature.

However, the mind's perception of separation and distance is faulty, for it ignores the greater reality of Oneness in which we all move and live within. We exist within an "infinite sea" of energy and consciousness. It is because of this that all dimensions, even the "afterlife" dimensions, really exist in the same "infinite space," one may call it.

Ultimately, there is no such thing as an "afterlife" or after death reality, for Oneness knows no separation and no dimensions, Itself being the "infinite sea" of all being.
Old 03-08-2014, 01:33 PM
Master
Hi Caleb, and thanks.

This is what I'm working on....I'm a 'maturer' femme, who has 'lost' many during my life here on Earth, the latest of which is my best friend, David and my son, Sean. The loss of my son is the hardest to cope with, obviously, and I have been exposed to non-dual/Buddhist type teachings in recent years, but have struggled to comprehend it all.

I've come to realize I have to find another way to look at this loss, and it is along these lines that this new way of seeing it lies, but if there is such a thing, I have need to perfect this new view.

Old 04-08-2014, 01:37 AM
Caleb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Hi Caleb, and thanks.

This is what I'm working on....I'm a 'maturer' femme, who has 'lost' many during my life here on Earth, the latest of which is my best friend, David and my son, Sean. The loss of my son is the hardest to cope with, obviously, and I have been exposed to non-dual/Buddhist type teachings in recent years, but have struggled to comprehend it all.

I've come to realize I have to find another way to look at this loss, and it is along these lines that this new way of seeing it lies, but if there is such a thing, I have need to perfect this new view.

Blessings and welcome, Silvergirl.

I extend my heart to you and to your dear, beloved ones who have crossed the Earth veil. You speak with great wisdom and openness. That is a very great realization and empowered attitude you have, indeed!

I offer this idea, that it is even a process of learning to perceive beyond the human idea of "loss," as I intuit that you are indeed learning, and with this new awareness that is birthed from within eventually comes a new choice of word, replacing "lost" and "loss" with words such as, "My loved one who has passed/transitioned," when referring to the past and present.

"Non-duality" is simply a way of perceiving and feeling that all life is now, that all exists now, that "Heaven" (the Eternal Now) is a reality of Divine Perfection that exists eternally where we stand (although "hidden" by the physical experience), and that even while physically embodied we may learn to perceive the transparency of where we stand, which "paradoxically" is the highest way a human may actually appreciate his/her physical existence, which is to perceive through its illusory nature. We actually depreciate ourselves and our True Nature whenever we focus so heavily upon what the physical senses show us, instead of focusing on (or at least looking for) the subtle sense of Oneness that is always present within us.

The "struggle" that you refer to, which is common to many, even most, is one of largely using the left-brained intellectual function in trying to understand that which is not intellectual in nature at all. To more clearly perceive Spirit, it is required that we learn to feel that all things that we perceive through the senses are actually forms of Spirit-Essence.

If you are right-handed, I would suggest that you may wish to practice writing using your left hand sometimes, such as in a journal, even, allowing information that is being channeled through your right-brain from your Higher Self to flow into your present awareness. If you did this, relaxed with an attitude of open expectancy, you would discover a new sense of clarity beyond words that would shed light upon your current understanding of non-duality, death and your life experience in general.

I am told that through poetry and collage, even through watercolors, perhaps, that you would awaken to a broader metaphysical understanding. However, most importantly, I want to congratulate you on your already (all ready) very profound, open mind and heart, for you are a Great Mother to all. Remember to be very thankful to yourself for the amazing Light that you already truly are, which you gracefully share in a ripple-effect with all of creation.

Nothing you've done and nothing you've gained has ever been lost. You may want to even verbally affirm before a mirror (a technique I've used many times that has brought me greater understandings), something simple such as, "I AM open to greater clarity, God [Source, God/Goddess, Cosmic Mind, etc.]." You may even use this technique to open yourself to new insights through lucid dreaming.

It is my understanding that we often fear that "closure" in regards to our connection with loved ones who have transitioned would somehow mean that while we are "here" and they are "there," that this would entail some kind of disconnection from them, as if they would become a distant, forgotten memory. This is not really the case with true closure, for true closure is actually an opening of awareness to a new, more joyous and free state of being. There is a sense of RELIEF that far surpasses the pain, struggle and attachment that we formerly clung to, and we actually feel CLOSER to our loved ones who have passed. It is the exact opposite of what we often fear!

It is my prayer that some of these ideas may be of great service to you, dear Silvergirl. Thank you eternally for sharing with me/us here. Blessings.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:53 AM
Master
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb
Blessings and welcome, Silvergirl.

I extend my heart to you and to your dear, beloved ones who have crossed the Earth veil. You speak with great wisdom and openness. That is a very great realization and empowered attitude you have, indeed!

I offer this idea, that it is even a process of learning to perceive beyond the human idea of "loss," as I intuit that you are indeed learning, and with this new awareness that is birthed from within eventually comes a new choice of word, replacing "lost" and "loss" with words such as, "My loved one who has passed/transitioned," when referring to the past and present.

"Non-duality" is simply a way of perceiving and feeling that all life is now, that all exists now, that "Heaven" (the Eternal Now) is a reality of Divine Perfection that exists eternally where we stand (although "hidden" by the physical experience), and that even while physically embodied we may learn to perceive the transparency of where we stand, which "paradoxically" is the highest way a human may actually appreciate his/her physical existence, which is to perceive through its illusory nature. We actually depreciate ourselves and our True Nature whenever we focus so heavily upon what the physical senses show us, instead of focusing on (or at least looking for) the subtle sense of Oneness that is always present within us.

The "struggle" that you refer to, which is common to many, even most, is one of largely using the left-brained intellectual function in trying to understand that which is not intellectual in nature at all. To more clearly perceive Spirit, it is required that we learn to feel that all things that we perceive through the senses are actually forms of Spirit-Essence.

If you are right-handed, I would suggest that you may wish to practice writing using your left hand sometimes, such as in a journal, even, allowing information that is being channeled through your right-brain from your Higher Self to flow into your present awareness. If you did this, relaxed with an attitude of open expectancy, you would discover a new sense of clarity beyond words that would shed light upon your current understanding of non-duality, death and your life experience in general.

I am told that through poetry and collage, even through watercolors, perhaps, that you would awaken to a broader metaphysical understanding. However, most importantly, I want to congratulate you on your already (all ready) very profound, open mind and heart, for you are a Great Mother to all. Remember to be very thankful to yourself for the amazing Light that you already truly are, which you gracefully share in a ripple-effect with all of creation.

Nothing you've done and nothing you've gained has ever been lost. You may want to even verbally affirm before a mirror (a technique I've used many times that has brought me greater understandings), something simple such as, "I AM open to greater clarity, God [Source, God/Goddess, Cosmic Mind, etc.]." You may even use this technique to open yourself to new insights through lucid dreaming.

It is my understanding that we often fear that "closure" in regards to our connection with loved ones who have transitioned would somehow mean that while we are "here" and they are "there," that this would entail some kind of disconnection from them, as if they would become a distant, forgotten memory. This is not really the case with true closure, for true closure is actually an opening of awareness to a new, more joyous and free state of being. There is a sense of RELIEF that far surpasses the pain, struggle and attachment that we formerly clung to, and we actually feel CLOSER to our loved ones who have passed. It is the exact opposite of what we often fear!

It is my prayer that some of these ideas may be of great service to you, dear Silvergirl. Thank you eternally for sharing with me/us here. Blessings.

Hello again, Caleb. I find all your words just now, to be very helpful and make a lot of sense and I especially think the mirror affirmation will help me understand the whole enchilada!

I have done some poetry in the process of grieving my son's death, and it has helped immensely.

The last bit really holds such very rich meaning for me! --

Quote:

Once again, thank you for your kindness and wisdom.

Old 04-08-2014, 02:09 AM
Caleb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Hello again, Caleb. I find all your words just now, to be very helpful and make a lot of sense and I especially think the mirror affirmation will help me understand the whole enchilada!

I have done some poetry in the process of grieving my son's death, and it has helped immensely.

The last bit really holds such very rich meaning for me! --

Once again, thank you for your kindness and wisdom.

You are deeply welcome, and thank you, dear Silvergirl. I am very pleased that you have discovered some gems in what I have shared, my friend. What you have brought to this thread (your wonderful Self), I am confident that many who visit and read it will discover wisdom and positive resonance in it for themselves.

Best wishes in your expanded journey of consciousness, my friend. Namaste.
Old 06-08-2014, 01:32 AM
Master
Hi Caleb......welcome......I feel I know you....I wonder how?....many blessings to you for your words that comfort and reassure those of us who may have some fears or reservations about our future transition into our oneness again...and for those of us who have had one's we love pass back over...who are forever in our hearts and whom we love deeply...thank you again... :)
Old 06-08-2014, 05:49 AM
Caleb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly1
Hi Caleb......welcome......I feel I know you....I wonder how?....many blessings to you for your words that comfort and reassure those of us who may have some fears or reservations about our future transition into our oneness again...and for those of us who have had one's we love pass back over...who are forever in our hearts and whom we love deeply...thank you again... :)

Blessings, hello Dragonfly! We are, all of us, truly soul family, I sometimes remind my brothers and sisters. Thank you for your blessings, gratitude, loving welcome and for your greatly inspirational Self. That was a very beautiful sharing. You are, all are, forever welcome, my friend.