Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 18-12-2017, 08:18 PM
Experiencer
Womanhood worsens it

Anyone here (who is a woman) ever get exceptionally emotional and "tuned in" to their TF around that time of the month? It seems like every 26 days my hormones make me a little bit haywire to the point where I cannot focus on logic so much and am confronted by the intensity of the feelings within my existence--things I ordinarily try to sweep under the rug as I forge ahead in my "real life" without my TF. You know, I can spend most of the month with tunnel vision "like a man," shutting off my emotions, focusing on the task at hand, being a bit more cold. But when my moon comes, I feel everything that I attempt to bury more intensely. I cannot run from these things anymore. It seems I spend one day each month crying in the car or in bed before I dust myself off and resolve to go back to normal. I feel like men don't run into these emotional sinkholes as often as we do because they don't deal with the hormones that we do. Anyone else find this monthly roller coaster to be especially hard when you have a twin? Right now I wish I could shut it off but it feels like the hole in me is a reopened wound, raw and throbbing. I need time alone to cover it up so other people don't see its ugliness. Within a few days I'll have a bandage over it again and can pretend to the world at large that it was never there--or at least healed a long time ago.

It also makes me angry to be alone in this as the divine feminine/chaser. To be confronted by the painful reality of separation in this poignant way every month when my divine masculine/Runner can just continue to gloss over it.

At what point do men run into their emotions and feel forced to actually feel them, like we have to each month? Do they just have to endure a major loss, failure or tragedy in order to feel confronted by themselves?

Sometimes I wonder if the monthly moon is one reason the divine feminine is often the more awakened one, so much less able to run from herself and her truth.
Old 18-12-2017, 08:21 PM
Master
For me it was the same time period but was connected to the Full Moon cycle not my personal moon cycle. nd yes, I turned super psychic then and everything went full-tilt nuts.
So glad to be off that hamster wheel!
Old 18-12-2017, 09:47 PM
Master
Maybe it will bring some alleviation when you steer clear from "I suffer, and you don't!" albeit about being chaser or about being a woman.
Men feel pain as well, they just deal with it differently from us. We are far more open about our feelings, also more used to dealing with feelings and emotions. We find release when we talk about our jumbled up emotions and feelings, while men tend to withdraw. Doesn't mean they don't feel nor that they don't feel as intensely as we do.

As for the rest... maybe it can help you if you don't suppress your feelings most of the time? That's what stands out to me from your message... Allow them to be present, be aware of them more on a daily basis. That might help to not have an 'explosion' of feelings when your period arrives. It sounds like you bottle it up, that's not good. Get in touch with your femininity as opposed to being overwhelmed by it when you're going through that time of the month.
Find the beauty in our feminine intuition and feelings, that is our greatest gift and strength. The way you describe it now, it sounds like it has become your Achilles heel, a pain in the neck as opposed to a gift and strength.
I seriously think that you will be far less overwhelmed by it all if you can find a different way of dealing with it on a day to day basis. Don't deny yourself being a woman!

As for the TF part, maybe it is a better approach to simply love him? Let those feelings flow. Maybe you cannot be together now, but if you try to block the love and bond that exists anyway, you will block most of who you are, and other feelings of love and appreciation with that.
It isn't always easy, but it feels a helluva lot better than going into the negative and blaming and so on.

I'm not sure if my periods are more difficult. I do find it more difficult on grey and gloomy days. I feel so much better and stronger when the sun shines, even when it's cold outside. So on those overcast and rainy days I often use my daylight lamp. That helps a lot.
But what works best for me so far, is simply loving him, and trying to accept and trust that this is the best for both of us right now. And focus on my own life and goals as opposed to him not being in my life no more. And I do plan to find new love, another great relationship.
Not always easy, but I want to grow because of my TF and what we had together.

Hug for you!
Old 18-12-2017, 09:58 PM
Badcopyinc

Eckhart Tolle discusses how powerful women are in the power of now. and specifically discusses the correlation to the menstrual cycle. actually directs female readers to use that specific time of the month to get further into consciousness. he also directs significant others to help during this time period and how to.

With that being said i believe during this time any abilities may be amplified. such as cording and empathetic connections. which could possibly explain your question.
Old 18-12-2017, 10:48 PM
Experiencer
My logical mind assumes this can't be true, but I know that deep down I have this belief that men don't feel emotions, at least not in the way that women do. I mean, I know I've seen my father cry. I know I've seen men make statements that they are feeling something, even if they do not actively show it. But because I don't see them reacting or doing anything that correlates with emotion (short of explosions of violence), I tend to operate on some weird assumption that men are more cold-hearted than women, and just don't feel things. Like they go to work, they eat, they buy things, they go on trips, and every time something comes up that could make them sad or regretful, they know how to shut it down and push it out of their minds, and move on to something more productive. Operating in this belief has made me think that my Twin won't realize he misses me unless some tragedy befalls him. Like, he's been in a relationship for over 2.5 years. But what if something bad happens? What if she actually dumps him at some point. Then he'll have to, for the first time in three years, feel rejected and lonely. Then maybe he'll start to actually reflect on his life and realize that there's something he left behind, something he might miss. "Oh wait, maybe I did have a connection with that girl... I'd never thought of that until I found myself in this weakened position suddenly." Of course, my logical mind knows that men somehow must feel emotions more often, more easily and more strongly than this, but my ego can't seem to fathom it, and my ego is always fighting to dominate this dialogue. So yes, FairyCrystal, I should dispose of this story I tell myself that women feel and men don't. But still, I see what I go through hormonally every month and I know that I'm forced to confront my emotions in a manner that men simply aren't, for lack of having the hormones we do. I think it will always be more intense for a woman, and that's why men are less "awakened" without doing serious spiritual/meditative work or taking 12 times as long to get to the same emotional realizations that women do right away. I think that emotions are more present with women and it's just part of BEING. A woman.

But anyway I love what everyone here said. And I'm going to look into Eckhart Tolle because I do feel so much more spiritually connected during my moon and I would love to find a way to harness that state of mind to reach a higher state of consciousness. This is something I can do to improve my experience of life in this dimension and the next, regardless of how or if my Twin comes into the picture at all.
Old 18-12-2017, 11:40 PM
Deactivated Account
Quite the opposite. It is a time when I feel those things which have been niggling underneath the surface and rise to the height of irritating me lol.

I am naturally in touch with my empathetic nature and let my feelings flow though reguardless of where I'm at with my cycle.
I've heard people say that any suppressed emotions tend to come to the surface during menstruation (our guard may weaken during this time).
It makes sense that some of your suppressed abilities like empathy would arise during this time as well as our systems are more sensitive overall.

I tend to have an increased amount of productive energy
So if I have any unfinished projects to complete I feel increasingly irritated by them and it seems to get me moving forward on them more rapidly. Of course I have to be wary of this habit as well of other people are involved especially if I feel there is inequality in the relationship and do so try to politely air my grievances at this time without becoming too intensely
passionate about it!

I feel more courageous at those times haha... and have to remember not to take out others in my wave of erhm... energy. Lol.
Old 18-12-2017, 11:54 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverRestless
My logical mind assumes this can't be true, but I know that deep down I have this belief that men don't feel emotions, at least not in the way that women do. I mean, I know I've seen my father cry. I know I've seen men make statements that they are feeling something, even if they do not actively show it. But because I don't see them reacting or doing anything that correlates with emotion (short of explosions of violence), I tend to operate on some weird assumption that men are more cold-hearted than women, and just don't feel things. Like they go to work, they eat, they buy things, they go on trips, and every time something comes up that could make them sad or regretful, they know how to shut it down and push it out of their minds, and move on to something more productive. Operating in this belief has made me think that my Twin won't realize he misses me unless some tragedy befalls him. Like, he's been in a relationship for over 2.5 years. But what if something bad happens? What if she actually dumps him at some point. Then he'll have to, for the first time in three years, feel rejected and lonely. Then maybe he'll start to actually reflect on his life and realize that there's something he left behind, something he might miss. "Oh wait, maybe I did have a connection with that girl... I'd never thought of that until I found myself in this weakened position suddenly." Of course, my logical mind knows that men somehow must feel emotions more often, more easily and more strongly than this, but my ego can't seem to fathom it, and my ego is always fighting to dominate this dialogue. So yes, FairyCrystal, I should dispose of this story I tell myself that women feel and men don't. But still, I see what I go through hormonally every month and I know that I'm forced to confront my emotions in a manner that men simply aren't, for lack of having the hormones we do. I think it will always be more intense for a woman, and that's why men are less "awakened" without doing serious spiritual/meditative work or taking 12 times as long to get to the same emotional realizations that women do right away. I think that emotions are more present with women and it's just part of BEING. A woman.

But anyway I love what everyone here said. And I'm going to look into Eckhart Tolle because I do feel so much more spiritually connected during my moon and I would love to find a way to harness that state of mind to reach a higher state of consciousness. This is something I can do to improve my experience of life in this dimension and the next, regardless of how or if my Twin comes into the picture at all.

Sounds as though you may be busting through some of those templates of what society percieves masculinity to be... and 'should be'.

I view gender and its expression as fluid and all people come into their own personal natural balance which is best suited for them. Some men I have met and dated have been highly emotional naturally as have some women I have dated also were... but then - some are less emotional naturally also -
For myself - I am neither highly emotional or unemotional... my emotions are fairly balanced most of the time. I allow my emotions to flow and that way they are much like a gentle breeze across a lake... they are not stagnant and they are not stormy!

Where as I used to suppress my emotions because in my family emotions were feared and 'illogical' and so I remained fairly flat line until something triggered me then I would spiral into a long bout of depression - anger and sadness. Usually the trigger was small but - was the star that broke the camel's back so to speak. I'd supress a series of small triggers add up until the weight was too much.

So in conclusion- we all have our natural balance states with emotions- in my case I had to learn to let them flow and not suppress them... for others their experiences may differ.
Old 19-12-2017, 10:58 AM
Knower

I don´t have time to read all the thread, but want to share my opinion, I think that maybe when a man who has a TF feel as if he lost her, feel as if the connection is cut, feel as if he doesn´t hear her in his head anymore, feel as if she doesn´t exist, then maybe he will be able to run into their emotions and feel forced to actually feel them, as you said. He will probably heal, receiving the seed at the end.