Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 23-05-2017, 12:13 AM
Master

Mind=Oneness.

This is an experiement trying to look at the implications of the proposition that Oneness IS Mind

What do we know of the purpose and function of mind from our own experience of it operating? We know that it is creative. It imagines and makes imaginings 'appear'. For example it imagines what is required for lunch, movement happens and there is your delicious salad. By that process mind can create whatever it wants and has immense power to deceive even itself if it is regarded as advantageous to do so, as in the case of repressing painful memories. It may present a character as Enlightened if it thinks it is in that characters best interest to do so:)

Because it can behave in that way, the mind may be regarded as an enemy. However it would be useless to try and resist such creative power. The 'you' that is trying to resist it IS the mind presenting at trying to resist itself!

It is an unbelievably fantastic appearance of immense, possibly limitless power. It may even be the mechanism, by which the manifestation of all there IS, may be conjured up. The One actor playing all the parts in the play of the many where there is only Mind/Oneness.

Better just relax, let it do its thing of protecting you (Itself because it IS you) so is always trying to do its best to preserve itself (you) by selecting what it thinks is the best option at any given time.

In that endeavour, if it thinks that it has to present as you regarding mind as a problem which has been overcome, it can easily do that:)

Can it be seen, the futility of trying to overcome such power if Mind IS Oneness!!!
Old 06-06-2017, 12:13 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit

Better just relax, let it do its thing of protecting you (Itself because it IS you) so is always trying to do its best to preserve itself (you) by selecting what it thinks is the best option at any given time.

I agree with this, but one should always be training the mind so that it knows what proper protection is. For example, it may protect me from going out in public, because it thinks I had a miserable childhood with no friends. As part of its protection, it created a heavy case of social anxiety. A much healthier protection would be for it to caution me to be wary of people, but not to avoid them altogether.
So instead of just relaxing and letting it do its thing of protecting me, I should train it to know that social anxiety isn't healthy. Avoiding people isn't healthy. That I didn't have a miserable childhood, I only think I did. No I didn't have a lot of friends as a child, but I had parents who loved me and did everything they could for me.

So even though I completely agree with your statement, it is only with a trained mind that I would finally relax and give it some control.
Old 06-06-2017, 12:25 PM
Pathfinder

*oops double post
Old 09-06-2017, 10:03 PM
Master

[quote=stars]I agree with this, but one should always be training the mind so that it knows what proper protection is. For example, it may protect me from going out in public, because it thinks I had a miserable childhood with no friends. As part of its protection, it created a heavy case of social anxiety. A much healthier protection would be for it to caution me to be wary of people, but not to avoid them altogether.
So instead of just relaxing and letting it do its thing of protecting me, I should train it to know that social anxiety isn't healthy. Avoiding people isn't healthy. That I didn't have a miserable childhood, I only think I did. No I didn't have a lot of friends as a child, but I had parents who loved me and did everything they could for me.

So even though I completely agree with your statement, it is only with a trained mind that I would finally relax and give it some control.[/QUOT

It is mind saying that last sentance as the you it has constructed! It is always in complete control:) Even the terrible experience of madness is a realighnment. See R. D. Laing. The Politics of Experience if you are interersted in such realignments.

Best just leave it alone to do its thing. You are alive are you not!? So its working:)

:)