Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 19-01-2020, 08:07 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by zastrakoza
The superior mind is an energy I have felt in myself and others at various times throughout my life. It can be recognized and resisted. It can also become an identity that destroys.
The so-called superior mind that you're describing here is narcissistic personality disorder, it's essentially when someone believes they're right and simply can't or won't deal with anything that is contradictory to that. Sometimes it gets to the stage where they'll make things up and, despite evidence to the contrary or even simple common sense, they'll defend their position with extreme prejudice. It's a long way from subtle and not an energy.

Quote:
What has happened is that a personal identity has been developed around the beliefs.
It's a lot more complicated than that, but the beliefs are created not by the personality but the ego, and I'm talking about the Jungian ego and not the mainstream 'ego as the bad guy'. That is the 'source' of your beliefs. At its most simple, Jung says that the ego is our "sense of I am" or sense of self. How you perceive yourself is what Jung calls the 'contents' of the ego. The superior mind is centred entirely on themselves and the 'contents' of their ego is entirely made up of their own greatness, but it doesn't matter if that greatness is Spirituality or not. 'Spiritual' is merely the context of their perceptual greatness, as is believing the identity is grounded in Spirit and people often think they are superior, and often the basis of that superiority is nothing more than labelling themselves.

Quote:
And worse yet, it is very difficult to release it, because it has become part of who we believe we are.
It becomes the framework of our reality. In very short, your reality is defined by your perceptions, your perceptions are defined by your beliefs and your beliefss are defined by your definitions. When you understand your definitions of 'Spiritual' or what it means to be a 'Spiritual person', that is the reality you create for yourself and your perceptions of reality are 'filtered' against that perception. Form the 'focal point' of the 'contents' of the ego being 'I am Spiritual' you create a relationship with yourself and the outer Universe.

Quote:
What tools and techniques can we use to identify this energy before it invades our beings?
Start 'dismantling' the frameworks that create your reality. Buddha said that we would question everything, including what he said, and when you start questioning and being brutally honest with yourself you begin to 'dismantle' what you're calling the 'superior mind'. If you ask yourself 'What are the reasons I think I am Spiritual' and be honest enough to acknowledge what you find there, you're not entrapped by your superior mind. If Spirituality is your answer then you'll know you are, although you won't be able to admit it to yourself. And for the superior mind, it's not a choice.
Old 19-01-2020, 06:24 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
Advice for patience , persistence and consistency very golden and extremely important.

Another point is when the superior mind / self image / ego leads to isolation , somewhere down we have not been able to build relation with others and our definition of self is restricted . Normally it may be natural for people to extend their own self to their kith n kin blood relative family members . Many people fail to do even that.

This comment is very insightful, Hitesh Shah. Thank you for articulating it. I hadn't thought of other factors that would be helpful in managing this problem.

Z
Old 20-01-2020, 03:32 PM
Master

overcomming isolation

Quote:
This comment is very insightful, Hitesh Shah. Thank you for articulating it. I hadn't thought of other factors that would be helpful in managing this problem.

Z
Glad it helped. Wish u overcome your difficulties quickly and experience the divine grace .
Old 22-01-2020, 12:09 PM
Master
The superior mind is when you fully and completely still your ego, your I, your ME, your MY etc etc and ease your brain, easing your brain eases your nervous system, since your ego-mind-body (connection) is your nervous system.

My view of the superior mind is different than the original poster, because how can you use a positive word such as superior, in connection to the ego?

Last edited by MikeS80 : 22-01-2020 at 04:03 PM.
Old 22-01-2020, 01:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
The superior mind is when you fully and completely still your ego, your I, your ME, your MY etc etc and ease your brain, easing your brain eases your nervous system, since your ego-mind-body (connection) is your nervous system.
So ones own personal "superior mind" can come and go like the tides? It does not mean one "superior mind" over others?
Old 22-01-2020, 01:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
So ones own personal "superior mind" can come and go like the tides? It does not mean one "superior mind" over others?
Yes, you have to train your ego-mind to do that, not control your ego-mind. What do you mean by asking: It does not mean one "superior mind" over others? The superior mind is where you receive intuition from our creator, Which I call Cosmic Trinity.
Old 22-01-2020, 01:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Yes, you have to train your ego-mind to do that, not control your ego-mind. What do you mean by asking: It does not mean one "superior mind" over others? The superior mind is where you receive intuition from our creator, Which I call Cosmic Trinity.
What I mean is by stating I have a superior mind. Is it the same as stating my mind is more superior then someone else's.
Old 22-01-2020, 01:49 PM
Master
Quote:
What I mean is by stating I have a superior mind. Is it the same as stating my mind is more superior then someone else's.
Thank you for responding. The superior mind is not like that because only the ego thinks it is superior to others.
Old 22-01-2020, 01:51 PM
Master
Quote:
There is times my mind does open up and all you mentioned happens. But it comes and goes in waves. Pure and fresh thoughts enter.
Old 22-01-2020, 01:53 PM
Master
Quote:
There is times my mind does open up and all you mentioned happens. But it comes and goes in waves. Pure and fresh thoughts enter.
That is great.