Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 23-12-2019, 09:55 PM
Newbie ;)

Escaping the Matrix

I feel that I am at a crossroads...
I have lived away from modern society now for around 20 years, and when I read about all the hate and troubles in the news I know I don't want to be apart of the mainstream lifestyle again....
Is it even possible to escape the matrix fully or is living off grid in nature the best that anyone can hope to achieve....
Just looking for a few clues before making a decision on which way to go
Old 24-12-2019, 12:20 AM
Master

There is a lot to be said for living off the grid in nature. But it is not a lifestyle which suits everyone.

For me, freedom is a state of being which produces a certain state of mind. It does not matter if we live within the mainstream lifestyle or completely off the grid. We remain untouched by our environment. Escaping the so-called matrix is a spiritual state of being, not a physical way of living.

Peace
Old 24-12-2019, 02:04 AM
Master

If you are on the internet you aren't off the grid.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 24-12-2019, 07:01 AM
MAYA EL

The matrix is governed and held together and is language as Terence McKenna used to say. So then you would have to forget language and forget to thought cuz thought comes from language and I'm not sure this is possible. It best you could live off grid and hope that everybody that knows who forgets you exist and that would be the closest thing to it however you'd still slightly being manipulated by The Matrix because of language
Old 24-12-2019, 09:06 AM
Master
I came once to being off the grid.

My Mother had a hart attack once and nobody knew where I was let alone how to contact me.

In that case, I was up in the Himalayan foot hills. Where, I don't know.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 24-12-2019, 11:58 AM
Lorelyen

Don't believe all the newspapers tell you. They have to sell their papers to pay their journalists and they know they won't sell many with front pages crammed with good news.
Show a nicely dressed woman (or man) on the front page proclaiming her/his good work for charity will attract the public eye far less than the same picture with "model raped and murdered" in the headline.

I'm a fairly positive person living in a mixed, sometimes crazy milieu without any of the horrors of which you speak. I read the news (on the web from publishers who also go in print). I like to keep up with current affairs but I know the world isn't all like the sensationalist stories that appear. Seems that what people put into their situations is what they get out.

To escape the matrix (how well you conform to social conditioning) start asking yourself why? of your actions within it.
Old 24-12-2019, 12:42 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
There is a lot to be said for living off the grid in nature. But it is not a lifestyle which suits everyone.

For me, freedom is a state of being which produces a certain state of mind. It does not matter if we live within the mainstream lifestyle or completely off the grid. We remain untouched by our environment. Escaping the so-called matrix is a spiritual state of being, not a physical way of living.

Peace

Short and accurate.
Live wherever, the goal is to remain in a certain state of mind regardless of what the outer conditions are.
Life is happening ever moment, are you joyfully living it or is your joy subject to external things that's the question.

If you are joyful every moment of your life
Why does it even matter where you live ?
Old 25-12-2019, 09:12 PM
Newbie ;)

I live on 5 plus hectares where I farm sheep and goats for milk to make cheese, keeping chickens and ducks for eggs, I have a productive veg garden where we grow nearly all of our food. I build our house from scratch with our own water source and solar power. We home school our children and make our own medicines with herbs. We dont have any bills or bank accounts, or smart phones and barter and trade locally our surplus for what we cant make or grow. Our transport is a horse and cart and bikes. I connect to the internet through a hotspot at a local cafe.
This to me is living fully off grid....
I fully understand that all the news is manipulated and dont believe everything I read but there is a current trend within the news and society in general that is pursuing an agenda full of hate, and I see this as creating a very negative environment, one that I do not wish my children to be apart of....
I also understand that life is a spiritual journey and that its meant to be enjoyed and relished as much as possible in a positive environment..
I feel that my spiritual journey has reached a crossroads and that I was asking if there is more I can do to leave the matrix behind...thats all..
Old 25-12-2019, 10:20 PM
Master
Stop going to the Internet cafe.......

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 27-12-2019, 03:39 AM
Seeker

Do not watch the news if they harm you. Use internet only for entertainment, like Netflix or Spotify. Escaping the mainstream lifestyle is not entirely possible since we now rely on technology for several things but you can limit exposure to things you do not like. If you feel like moving to nature, feel free to but think well.