Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Old 10-04-2018, 07:14 AM
Master
Is Judaism waiting for its Messiah?

Just recently found out that apparently all Abrahamic religions have a Messiah; it is just that Islam's Messiah and Judaism's Messiah have not come yet.

Is this true? Are the Jews waiting for a Messiah?

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 10-04-2018, 02:49 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Just recently found out that apparently all Abrahamic religions have a Messiah; it is just that Islam's Messiah and Judaism's Messiah have not come yet.

Frankly, I'm a little surprised you have to ask the question. Nevertheless, the short, basic, unnuanced answer to your question is - Yes, Jews await the messiah.
Old 11-04-2018, 03:46 PM
Master
Maybe the question is a bit obtuse. But really I had no idea that Islam and Judaism are in wait of their Messiah.

Old 11-04-2018, 06:48 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Maybe the question is a bit obtuse. But really I had no idea that Islam and Judaism are in wait of their Messiah.
I'm just surprised that you were not aware that one of the earliest areas of contention between those Jews who were the first followers of Jesus and those Jews who did not follow Jesus was the issue of whether the messiah had arrived, in the person of Jesus, or whether the messiah was yet to come.
Old 11-04-2018, 09:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbiO
I'm just surprised that you were not aware that one of the earliest areas of contention between those Jews who were the first followers of Jesus and those Jews who did not follow Jesus was the issue of whether the messiah had arrived, in the person of Jesus, or whether the messiah was yet to come.

One learns something new every day.

Old 16-04-2018, 11:38 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:

Daniel 9:27 might be interesting to someone it doesn't matter too much which version you use they seem to be pretty close. The above scriptural quote may have something to do with Daniel 7:25. So in Daniel 9:27 there is something that was caused to cease which gets me to wondering when it will be reconfirmed. The one has to wonder what the middle of the week means especially looking at the number of years it is according to the supposed jews.
Old 22-04-2018, 08:54 AM
Master
Just found out that the section of the Bible called "Acts Of The Apostles" deals with this subject of Jews/Christ/Messiah.

Apparently most Jews rejected Jesus as the Messiah and therefore the Apostles took Christ's message to the gentiles. The "Acts" recount the early stages of the Church and the relationship between Jews and early Christians.

Old 01-05-2019, 11:19 PM
Suspended
As far as I know Islam is not waiting for a Messiah, they claim that Muhammad is the last Messiah of God.
I saw a discussion on YouTube awhile ago where a Muslim scholar proves with verses from the Bible that Muhammad is the Messiah Judaism is waiting for and not Jesus unfortunately I didn't do research yet.
It could be true because Islam is almost like a copy of Judaism.
Old 01-05-2019, 11:41 PM
Suspended
The absolute truth about Muhammad in the bible: Rabbis who acknowledging the fact and...PART 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cur_6aYs_7k

Why are Jews permitted to pray inside a mosque but forbidden to even step inside a church?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moRM1YFdvyI

Jewish Rabbi verifies Prophet Muhammad is a Messenger from God.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyifk1tqkaI

Jewish Rabbi Scholar confirms Prophet Muhammad from the Torah accepts ISLAM.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa0_XWQeb6Y

Who will continue doing research?

Last edited by Taking a Break : 02-05-2019 at 12:36 AM.
Old 02-05-2019, 05:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbiO
Frankly, I'm a little surprised you have to ask the question. Nevertheless, the short, basic, unnuanced answer to your question is - Yes, Jews await the messiah.

I'm surprised a Rabbi would respond in this way to someone asking a question. Sure-fire way to put people off asking anymore.