Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 22-03-2012, 03:42 AM
Master

Animals

Hi Everyone!

My friends dogs and cats have always like me, they always want to be around me (which is a little annoying sometimes). I talked to a cat one time and said jokingly, 'why don't you go find a bird or something'. Then a few minutes later it came back with a bird in it's mouth.

Also I thought I could understand the birds one time. I was so sick that I couldn't move any muscles, even thinking hurt. So I just sat there motionless and though I heard the birds talking about me. They said something like my life was **** now but it will get better in the future. Maybe I'm just self-conscious though, they might have been talking about all of us.

Do you ever communicate with animals? Or the earth?
Old 25-03-2012, 01:38 PM
RiversLady

They communicate with me easily, but not the other way around. I've never gotten any higher thoughts from them. Mostly it is food related or needing help.
I have a few squirrels that will wait for me to look out the kitchen window and then they will start begging for a peanut butter cracker. One has gotten so good that it knows to look for me in my bedroom by sitting on a branch right outside the window. When it gets my attention (by chattering), it jumps off the branch and runs to the front door to get the cracker.
I have a wren family that kept up such a loud racket that I was drawn outside to see what wa wrong. One of their babies had gotten into the outside air handling unit, and a black snake was trying to get it. After that resque those wrens are not afraid of me one bit. And if there is some kind of trouble (cat in the yard) they come and get me.
It's like the bee eater honeybadger communication. Like the honeybadger, I can't call them when I need something.
Old 26-03-2012, 02:32 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiversLady
They communicate with me easily, but not the other way around. I've never gotten any higher thoughts from them. Mostly it is food related or needing help.
I have a few squirrels that will wait for me to look out the kitchen window and then they will start begging for a peanut butter cracker. One has gotten so good that it knows to look for me in my bedroom by sitting on a branch right outside the window. When it gets my attention (by chattering), it jumps off the branch and runs to the front door to get the cracker.
I have a wren family that kept up such a loud racket that I was drawn outside to see what wa wrong. One of their babies had gotten into the outside air handling unit, and a black snake was trying to get it. After that resque those wrens are not afraid of me one bit. And if there is some kind of trouble (cat in the yard) they come and get me.
It's like the bee eater honeybadger communication. Like the honeybadger, I can't call them when I need something.
Thanks for sharing! I bet you could call them if you needed something. I'm sure they would be happy to do anything they could for you.
Old 26-03-2012, 05:02 PM
sesheta

I find I can communicate fairly easily with most animals when I "open up" and allow the communication :)
However, there is one of my cats that I can "talk to" all the time. I am a Witch, and he is my familiar. We have had an incredibly strong bond from the day he showed up (literally) on my doorstep. I can talk to him, out loud or mentally, and he will do exactly what I say/ask; there are also times I can "hear'" him talk to me, as well (mentally, like I am hearing his thoughts.) Even when I am not at home, sometimes I will suddenly hear him in my head!
I believe that most of us, at some point in history, had a much stronger ability to communicate with animals, but over time, we "lost" it, because it was no longer "necessary" for us.....
Old 26-03-2012, 10:39 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesheta
Even when I am not at home, sometimes I will suddenly hear him in my head!
I believe that most of us, at some point in history, had a much stronger ability to communicate with animals, but over time, we "lost" it, because it was no longer "necessary" for us.....
I believe this too. I think we may have lost the connection to the earth by forgetting who it is, who we are and basically the origin of everything.

People were aware of things we don't generally understand now because the knowledge has been lost. I think if I better understood how everything has a spirit and is alive, I might have more communication with animals, and probably all kinds of things.