Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 26-07-2017, 06:33 PM
Pathfinder

How does it work for you?

How do things work for you? From start to finish, what is your personal experience on how spirit communicates with you? I am truly intrigued, I would love to hear personal details of what each person goes through when spirit connects with them...

What I'm interested in are the details, seems like many shy from going into detail, I understand that everyone is different and receive things in their own way. Let's hear it!

~journey
Old 29-07-2017, 09:07 PM
Pathfinder

Ok maybe I posed this question in the wrong way, I would love to hear some responses from those who connect with spirit, whether you're new at it or experienced.

How did you know it was spirit? What were/are your physical experiences (cold/hot/shaky/tingling...)? What specifically made you want to continue or not continue with your experience? Do you see/hear/feel anything specific when there is a connection?

Are you still learning your 'symbolic dictionary' or even need one to know what they are communicating to you?

I'm not speaking to anyone directly, I would like to hear everyone's personal experiences.

~journey
Old 30-07-2017, 02:55 PM
Master
Hi,

No two personal experiences with life or their relationship to spirit will be the same. I was always telepathically in contact with my higher self. I could ask myself questions and get answeres which were beyond any human reasoning. This came in the form of a knowing when I was a child.

Eventually it evolved into a form of communication which is very much like an imaginary conversation. For me now it is like a constant connection with my inner wisdom.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 31-07-2017, 04:54 AM
Administrator
Hello

Its never text book in the way it plays out, its all dependent on the ebbs and flows of energy open to be worked with.

Being a naturally born Medium which means that I came into this life with all the abilities open or "on" there is no down time or "off" switch for me. I am always open to contacts and can feel a presence like I feel the presence of a living person with me.

I have times when I can have a spirit come in and sit and talk with me as clearly as a living person can. We have a two way conversation. Other times its more a sensation or vibration where I then go into almost trance state to communicate. Other times I can be taken so 'see' events like a vision playing like a TV show.

It all depends on that universal energy connection that is open. Like right now I have contact with someone that senses me, I am covered with goose skin, a spirit touch.

Its never the same for any two Mediums, I have done platform work with another Medium many times and we might both get the same person in but we both perceive them differently in what message we can get. For me I at times more "see" them than talk to them on stage. Your dealing with so many in an audience that "want" a message but not all can get one. In this your taking the strongest energy forwards.

My first memory of contact was age 6 and as I grew up in the age of "shock treatments and mental institutions" being 54, I was told by my Dad never ever talk about such things. I never did til I was a teen, then I still kept much inside me. I did my first open public Mediumship at 25.

I so feel its something we all have, just that we do not all choose to open to it is all, some like me are just along for the ride....it is a ride.

I have three kids all with what I have but to them its just "normal" like they came in understanding it all. LOL was fun explaining it to the school system.
By the way "My kids see and talk to the dead" and its normal for them.

Lynn
Old 31-07-2017, 08:58 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
I have times when I can have a spirit come in and sit and talk with me as clearly as a living person can. We have a two way conversation. inside me.
Are you saying the spirit person is as real to look upon as a flesh and bone living person?
There have been times when I've had my doubts about a person's authenticity.

Rod
Old 01-08-2017, 01:42 PM
Administrator
Like lynn my experiences are very much the same.but i only see spirit one way and that is in solid form.

Namaste
Old 02-08-2017, 06:14 PM
Knower

Dear Journey
Each type of mediumship has its peculiarities.
I can have a conversation with spirits, so I can hear (clairaudience) them and reply back mentally (telepathy), like we have conversations everyday.
I can write messages from the spirits, in the very beggining was purely mecanic, with time become asemi mecanic and sometimes purely as a dictation (psychography).
Spirits can talk through me (psychophony)
I give orientation to spirits (all kinds) with the help of psychophonic mediums (speaking mediums) here I use my intuition (words, ideas, persons are send to my mind by good spirits) in order to help all spirits wake up and continue its evolutionary journey.
In the midle of all this activities I feel my spirit protector with litle signal in my hand.
All this I do in 3 different places with 4 different groups of mediuns, 4 times a week,
Hearing spirits and giving orientation for spirits I dont feel anything different only the voice/idea/word etc is projected in my mind.
On writing messages at today situation it is a sort of dictation, in the begging (mecanic phase) was really someone taking my hand to move it and draw/write lines.
As speaking medium is quite different from other are "normal" I fill several steps: PACEM. P from perception of spirit, A from aproach, C as contact, E as envolvement and M as manifestation. Those steps describes well the sensations before you start speaking.
The Medium´s Book from Allan Kardec has more usefull and complete info about. You can freely download from the internet a pdf file.

Good study!
Old 03-08-2017, 07:06 PM
Pathfinder

Thank you all for replying! I'm not surprised how differently we all receive spirit, as for those that see in solid form, I can only imagine the amount of strength and patience you must have to see that on a regular basis. I'm learning alot about the higher self and there are alot of things that make sense the deeper you dig.

I know everyone develops in their own time, it helps to hear others' personal insights into it all, especially How it came to be a part of you or when you began to accept it.

Lynn, that's beautiful that you teach your kids that its normal, not every parent is that open or willing to have that conversation with their children. I think thats why most people (back in the day) were treated as outcasts or 'in need of drugs' at the time, people are afraid of things they don't understand.

Looking forward to hearing more :)

~journey
How far can inspiration take us? Can that one thing that inspired you, trigger something in yourself to create, and be an inspiration to someone else? I think so, I think its just a matter of passing along that feeling, even if its unintended.
Old 04-08-2017, 05:26 AM
Experiencer
For me when spirit steps close in a session (healing, mediumship etc) they impress me with all they have to share! (which I believe is everything) through my life experiences (my experience-dictionary of sorts) I'm able to pick up pieces of information by hearing it, smelling it, seeing it, but mostly just knowing it.

When I'm getting things right my whole body tingles and I feel a slight state of bliss, and when I am not getting things right I feel dense and heavy.

When spirit steps close I feel cob-webby sensations on certain areas of my body, like my left shoulder, or my forearms...

the knowing is the freakiest becusae it's when I feel the least, but typically is my more accurate readings. all very interesting and learning as I go :)
Old 06-08-2017, 09:23 AM
Pathfinder

Hello Journey,

As a child, I had a very high level of empathy and was sensitive to all energy around me. I would describe (in detail) life events that had recently occurred with distant family members to my mom, before she was notified of the events. My mom was always very understanding (she has similar abilities) and to this day I can still remember her telling me, "You know these things because you have ESP." Additionally, I was able to walk into a space and feel the energy, whether good (with a warm, hopeful, comfortable, or excited feeling) or not so good (which may have felt like feelings of dread, fear, anger, a pit in your stomach, etc). Essentially, as far back as I can recall, I have always felt a sense of knowing and a sensitivity and connection to all energy. During these younger years, I remember feeling very vulnerable at nighttime when trying to go to sleep. I would see shadows, felt my bed shift (as though someone sat down), heard items on my dresser clearly move, and had a picture of Jesus thrown off of my wall while trying to go to sleep. Still to this day, I don't really know exactly if this was due to spirit or another form of energy.
As a teenager, the knowing and sensitivity to energy was still there; however, I typically ignored or repressed much of what I was sensing or seeing. I had a few close friends at this age that knew about my abilities, and I would sometimes let them know if I was having a premonition about something (usually stated as, "I have a strange feeling that...") or if I saw the spirit of their loved one. When I would see spirit, I would either see them in my mind's eye or as a quick flash and get an impression (or knowing) of who they were. I don't see spirit in the same form as a living person, as others might. But, as you know, we are all different.
Fast forward years later, I am now in my late thirties and have had an eventful two years of discovery and development of these abilities. It all started at a birthday party for my nephew, which was held at the home of my sister’s in-laws. My sister had informed her mother-in-law (who is very kind and open- minded) the week prior that I was sensitive to energy. When her mother-in-law approached me at the party, she asked me if I would come over to her house sometime and see if I felt anything, energy-wise (she had been experiencing activity in her home). She then proceeded to tell me about her friend that had passed years ago. She did not say her name, but she did tell me how her friend passed away and her feelings of sadness regarding how her friend did not get to experience certain events in life (marriage, children, etc.). While my sister’s mother-in-law was talking, I kept hearing in my head, “Jeanine/Janet, Jeanine/Janet.” Following that, I heard, “twins.” 30 minutes later, when all family and friends had gathered into the living room to watch my nephew open gifts, I heard in my head, “Deloris” and a few other random words. Now, just for the record, at this point in time it was not unusual for me to hear words in my head that would seem to come out of nowhere. I would usually hear the words (which were very subtle) in my own head voice; however, I knew that I did not consciously create them. However, I would just typically brush them off or ignore them.
After the party, I let my sister know what I had heard. My sister convinced me to allow her to ask her mother-in-law if she could validate anything that I had heard (in my head) at her house during the party. I was very reluctant and anxious, but was curious to find out if what I was hearing had any relevance to the living people that I was around at the time. Come to find out, the name of the friend who had passed away that my sister’s mother-in-law was talking about was Jeanine. She was a twin and her sister’s name was Janet. Further, a close family member, who had passed away a few years earlier, was named Doris and the words after I heard “Deloris” were connected to her. (I have discovered that I will typically hear the first and last sounds of a name (i.e. Dennis for Denise, Mary for Marie, etc.); although, once in a while I hear either the first or last sound.) From that point, I began to practice connecting to spirit with safe people who were not my close family members.
When a session to connect to spirit begins, my head and neck area usually start to tingle and sometimes I feel a little dizzy. When I start to get information, it may be in the form of hearing words in my own head voice, seeing things as you would in a daydream (sometimes items, people, active events, etc.), smelling scents, and/or experiencing the feeling a situation, physical sensation, or emotion. Sometimes these are combined. For example, one spirit showed me a vision of a restaurant while I heard, “tell her I was there with her.” When I told the sitter this, she stated that just the day before, she felt very hurt by her mother cancelling their lunch date 20 minutes after they were supposed to meet, while she was waiting for her at the restaurant. Before relaying the message, we had already determined that I had been connecting with an aunt, who was like a mother to her, who had passed away a few years prior.
During a strong connection to spirit, I will usually consistently get chills and feel a subtle sense of euphoria. In this state, my sense of knowing feels very strong. When I am connecting, I get physically warmer and my chest and neck usually get flushed, similar to hives. One interesting thing that happens is that I start to burp a lot when connecting to spirit. Don’t know what that is all about, but it is a detail that I have noticed in most readings. Very strange!
When I feel a spirit at times that I do not set the intention to connect specifically, such as when I’m working, at an event, or running errands, etc., I may feel head and/or neck tingles, get the chills, feel the energy of something near you like having the sense similar to when you know a living person is standing behind you, my ear ringing directly after acknowledging that I feel spirit, tingling on the top of forearm as if someone is touching very lightly, being lightly flicked on the back (this one has only happened twice), and/or randomly knowing or hearing things.

Stacey :)