Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 01-07-2017, 05:02 AM
Pathfinder

Cat aggression

Hi all,
My female tabby has been lashing out our male black & white cat out of the blue. They've never had a problem and have always been cuddlers with one another. I'm starting to realize it's redirected aggression. We live on a bottom level apartment and we keep the windows open in the summer. It's noisier and there is more stimuli I suppose. I used to live in the top level corner apartment and it was quieter and I've never seen a problem until recently. It's off and on, but it's towards our other cat who doesn't provoke her in any way. I'm actually somewhat afraid because what if she lashes out at my boyfriend or I. It's been causing me distress and depression. Maybe she's sensing spirit activity too? She's pretty sensitive. I'd love advice!

Love a very tired cat mom
Old 02-07-2017, 03:09 AM
Seeker
I'm introducing an adult (but young) male cat to a female kitten so I've been doing some research on cat behavior/how to get them to get along. I haven't had any problems thus far with my pair but I've seen Feliway recommended to help calm down cats who may be experiencing fear, stress, anxiety etc. It stimulates their pheromones to help relax them. You may want to try it. It comes in a plug in form, a spray, and some other products too.
Old 03-07-2017, 12:25 AM
Super Moderator
I can't claim to know everything about cats, as I know more about dogs! lol
But I try my best with the feline species....

I've heard some good reports about that cat pheromone thing "Feliway". Likewise, Catnip can often cause them to get very blissed-out!

But sometimes it really is a personality-thing. We can impose our ideas on them, and imagine they should get along in a friendly way, but they don't always. They make up their own minds about who they like, and they have their personality clashes just as we do. Dogs are the same in that respect.

Reducing anything which causes rivalry might help...such as feeding them separately, or in separate areas....making sure they have their own litter boxes, or maybe even their own cat doors? Certainly, rivalry about feeding spaces might cause problems. Cats sometimes start defensive/aggressive behaviour if they feel crowded or threatened in 'their space'.
Old 03-07-2017, 06:51 PM
Experiencer
I'm wondering possibly she if might see another cat walk by and it stimulates her as she regards it her territory. All sorts wild animals and birds, I dont know where you live. The open windows are a stimulation- smells - bottom floor - for her, I agree with that. My cat has that same exact reaction and has become aggressive to me because of that. If its only a reaction that is a now and then type thing you can put her in a room with the blinds drawn on the windows for a while - I can't tell you how long it takes I haven't tried it (my cat gets stimulated a lot) but I've heard it works to calm them down and she should be okay again. But that only works if its not really frequent.

If its more frequent, I've heard, you could try taking her out on a leash and letting her mark her territory. She's more than likely reacting to the fact that someone else is on her territory and its making her aggressive-she's agitated because she can't do anything about it. So let her feel like she can do something. Let her mark her territory and see if she then feels like a Queen again, like she should lol.

I'd suggest trying that if you can't calm her down. Catnip in my experience can wind her up so I'd be careful with that. Feliway is great I agree with that, I used it on my cats and wow its surprising how well it works. You might be able to get away with keeping some windows closed more often also rather than taking her for a walk a day, keep trying things, you'll find something, a combination that works. You might consult a behaviorist or less expensive a forum for cats or pets, they really have great advice sometimes too.
Old 04-07-2017, 06:39 PM
Master
I have 3 house cats, all neutered, 1 female and 2 males of different ages. The female is the youngest and is very bossy. She likes the senior male and is kinda protective of him and takes it out on the other male who is a few years older than her. They have a pecking order and sorted it out. When I see her chase him, I can't find any reason for it. Maybe he did something earlier to upset her little kingdom and took the opportunity to set him straight, a delayed punishment if you want to call it that.

She also bosses us humans too. Oh, the joys of having cats in my life.

Have fun with yours, could be she's just bossy as part of her personality.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 21-07-2017, 09:44 PM
Master
my f cat did ths 2 day 2 her brht coz my brht drop off 1 of is cats for me 2 keeep a y on she did
u mit htng i sodn uts i tld u shud no by nw ths s yore brthr nbe nise 2 him thn thy bth hugd ech orth on top of cubed thy did scred of my brhtrs cat thy wear bt thy 11 mths thy r my 2 my brhts cat is i dnt no shes mst e ovr 12/13 yrs ol she muts be

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔