Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 05-09-2011, 12:04 AM
Grin

Color First time chakra experiences

Hi everyone, first post here.
I have done some yoga in the past, but never been very spiritual or 'in tune' with my body. After a bit of soul searching and realization that all that was holding me back was others' condescending judgement for 'spirituality' (my brother and father most prominently), I'm diving into this full of faith and hope that I can spiritually advance myself.

Anyways. I just completed a chakra clearing exercise with accompaniment by an audio file and noticed a few things. One, I'm not very good at meditating. I can't seem to get down to the next level of relaxation. I relax my body as instructed but whenever I return to that part of my body, it has tensed up again on its own. Or it will tense while I am relaxing another part. It is also very difficult for me to get my eyes to stay still. Does anyone have any advice for this?

Next, on my chakras. I'm having trouble visualizing. How did you get started visualizing your chakras? I haven't been able to pinpoint them in my body, either. The most I have gotten is a slight tingling in my root chakra, and a 'uplift' and buzz in my third eye. Other than that, no matter how deep my relaxation or strong my visualization, I feel nothing. Are they just so blocked that I can't find them? I have a lot of reasons to believe they are incredibly blocked. I can't feel a connection to the Earth, which is troubling. How do you strengthen your connection with yourself when your body seems to be resisting you?

After the meditation, I performed a pendulum test by holding a small stone (with 'peace' in Hebrew on one side and an engraving of a tree on the other) tied to a necklace. For the root chakra, it swung horizontally until I concentrated and it went slightly clockwise. I had a clockwise swing over my sacral, which I believe is good. Still a small movement though. My breast and heart chakras both swung vertically and then counter clockwise almost immediately. I have a lot of regrets in my recent past and difficulties I didn't own up to. My throat went counterclockwise, quite rapidly. My third eye behaved erratically.. first it went clockwise, then stopped, and swung vertically for a while until going counterclockwise. My crown didn't do anything... no spin.

Ok. I hope at least some one made it to the end here! Any advice would be greatly appreciated by this spiritual novice. I feel like I know so little about myself and reading all the enlightening posts on here in the few short days I have been lurking have convinced me that there is so much more to learn. Thanks for any help you can provide!
Old 05-09-2011, 04:33 PM
Alandra

Well my friend it's your body. The chakras are the energy centers within and each is a nexus for a particular body part.When the are aligned your entire being is aligned. The Heart Chakra is the most important as it is central to your being in more ways than one. It literally is at the heart of things. The absolute first thing to do, however, is to amalgamate all of your feelings, take ownership of yourself and responsibility for your own actions. Then, and only then can you begin to progress spiritually.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:59 PM
Grin

Thank you for the reply, I know that no one else can know how my own body feels and therefore it is my responsibility to figure out what works best for it, but I just thought I might find some tips for beginning visualization and feeling where the chakras are. I have found that most are in a particular place in the body. The problem is I can't 'see' them in the minds eye. I have never been a very spiritual person or in tune with my body, like I said, so I am just having some trouble starting off. I'm sure that some people have developed techniques to more quickly acclimate to spiritual sensitivity, and I was just hoping to find some tips on here because I have tried and tried myself but nothing has happened.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:38 AM
Experiencer
What works for me

I close my eyes when I meditate. It's easier for me to get into a trance state that way. If I leave my eyes open I look a bit below the tip of my nose where my glare feels comfortable. I don't try to visualize my chakras I try to see the "corresponding" colors instead and to feel the chakras spinning. Hope it helps a bit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grin
Thank you for the reply, I know that no one else can know how my own body feels and therefore it is my responsibility to figure out what works best for it, but I just thought I might find some tips for beginning visualization and feeling where the chakras are. I have found that most are in a particular place in the body. The problem is I can't 'see' them in the minds eye. I have never been a very spiritual person or in tune with my body, like I said, so I am just having some trouble starting off. I'm sure that some people have developed techniques to more quickly acclimate to spiritual sensitivity, and I was just hoping to find some tips on here because I have tried and tried myself but nothing has happened.